First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Put my soft top back on the other day, was going to leave the back windows off but we're about to get very likely freezing rain here in North Texas over the next few days. So I decided to put my soft top windows back on, it just wasn't as perfect as I was hoping.
IMG_20230129_184457938.jpg
IMG_20230129_184512931.jpg
IMG_20230129_184508190.jpg

I'm guessing partially because they sat in a box for the last year and also because it's like 32° in Anna, TX Right now, the windows aren't as flexible as I remember. So I can't even close up the back fully. Thought that's not a big deal, I have no tailgate so it's not like it's going to be airtight anyways. ;)

I'm hoping we can get some 60 or 70° weather in the next week or two, a couple hours in the sun and I should be able to stretch it back into place.
Absolutely SHOCKED you are not intentionally driving topless in the freezing rain.
Reminds me of @CaJLMetalHead that brotha is tough!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1675140705905

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Absolutely SHOCKED you are not intentionally driving topless in the freezing rain.
Reminds me of @CaJLMetalHead that brotha is tough!
1675140705905.png
I did that 8° day drive home with the top off and the windows down, it was definitely bearable. It's something I'll definitely do more of in the future. But I was just getting tired of the cold. And the ice storm isn't something I wanted to mess with. There's always next year!
That guy definitely is a beast!

Namely my DEF tank is exposed right now, and I'm not sure that the ice would necessarily impact it negatively, but I didn't want to chance it either.

Last edited:

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
I did the LCA swap for the 2" lift OEM variation and took it for a drive. THE BEST $120 (CDN) I EVER SPENT ON THIS JL!!!!! This should be the way it's shipped as new! DUH!!
Now for the back ordered new steering gear to come in and fix the loose play at the wheel and it will be golden.
Also finally received my Teraflex Falcon SP3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback shocks today from Northridge. Maybe tomorrows project.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
I did the LCA swap for the 2" lift OEM variation and took it for a drive. THE BEST $120 (CDN) I EVER SPENT ON THIS JL!!!!! This should be the way it's shipped as new! DUH!!
Now for the back ordered new steering gear to come in and fix the loose play at the wheel and it will be golden.
Also finally received my Teraflex Falcon SP3.3 Fast Adjust Piggyback shocks today from Northridge. Maybe tomorrows project.
Completely agree between the LCAs and the hood struts lol.

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
-Metalcloak GC 3.5 just shipped
-Metalcloak Tie rod/ drag link and fox ats stabilizer just shipped
-KMC Grenade crawl beadlocks are here but getting powdercoated
-Apex RPV’s are here
-Nitto Trail Grappler 38x13.5x17 just shipped

-Oracle grill lights (I know I know) are here.
-Diode dynamic elite max headlights shipped!
-DandCDesign side lights are here! Amazing customer service from these guys. It’s a long story, but basically if you’re looking for some side lighting that looks OEM, support a small business from some EMS personnel who started the company, and want a quality product, please look into these. I’ll do a full review once I install them but the support I got was top notch and that alone makes me support them and their offerings to the community!!

-waiting on AAL fender retention, fender liners, and highline fender lights to ship.

Gonna be a busy next few weeks.

More pictures coming next week/weekend

DD0ED3CE-69CB-4BB6-BFF0-5D61D12F60DB.jpeg

11616B76-45C6-4CC0-87A6-24F68D1AF9C5.jpeg

A35EFD45-F049-47D7-903E-AF3685AA5B3C.jpeg

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
-Apex RPV’s are here

-DandCDesign side lights are here! Amazing customer service from these guys. It’s a long story, but basically if you’re looking for some side lighting that looks OEM, support a small business from some EMS personnel who started the company, and want a quality product, please look into these. I’ll do a full review once I install them but the support I got was top notch and that alone makes me support them and their offerings to the community!!

-waiting on AAL fender retention, fender liners, and highline fender lights to ship.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A35EFD45-F049-47D7-903E-AF3685AA5B3C

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A35EFD45-F049-47D7-903E-AF3685AA5B3C

Side Lights look interesting!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

you’re going to love your 3.3s love the falcon shocks. Best money I have spent.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
-Apex RPV’s are here

You'll love the Apex RPV's. They make airing down soooo much faster.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I did not do it but my local 4x4 shop did. Picked up the Jeep from getting 4.88’s and new HD ball joints. What a world of a difference both made. Can’t wait to get past the break in period so I can wheel again

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
You'll love the Apex RPV's. They make airing down soooo much faster.
I was tired of airing down via staun deflators, even though it was easy and mindless.. I just get antsy. I also air up and down a lot. Usually 15-20 times a month at least.

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
I did not do it but my local 4x4 shop did. Picked up the Jeep from getting 4.88’s and new HD ball joints. What a world of a difference both made. Can’t wait to get past the break in period so I can wheel again
Which ball joints did you go with? I’m not going to do it yet but keeping an eye on them for sure. Just saw metalcloak released some recently but lots of options!