What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

blk2doorjl

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Two Door
What marker lights are those, and are they hooked up to your turn signals? I've been wanting to do something like that with mine. Seems that those small LED blinkers on my flat fenders just aren't bright enough & nobody seems to notice them when I'm making turns.
They look like KC rock lights

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
These are KC Cyclones defused and tribute to JK location. They are bright as fuck defused and no codes

What marker lights are those, and are they hooked up to your turn signals? I've been wanting to do something like that with mine. Seems that those small LED blinkers on my flat fenders just aren't bright enough & nobody seems to notice them when I'm making turns.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Did some Rotopax troubleshooting to find out why my paxrax was making so much noise. I removed it a few months ago due to the banging noise that was happening when I drove. It's just been sitting in my garage so trying to make it work.

I swapped the orientation of the gas pax mount which I think has fixed the problem. I think with 2 cans you can't mount them horizontally as it needs the support bar to keep from shaking around.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0847.JPG

Also tried messing around with putting a shovel mount on instead of the water. Kind of nervous about having a shovel that could maybe fly off so don't think I'll keep it like that.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0844.JPG

I'm also thinking of re-locating the water mount inside but can't figure out how to remove this panel to be able to mount the pax mount. Anyone know what's behind there and if it's possible to mount the plate where I have it taped?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0845.JPG

swedeviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2-door
Did some Rotopax troubleshooting to find out why my paxrax was making so much noise. I removed it a few months ago due to the banging noise that was happening when I drove. It's just been sitting in my garage so trying to make it work.

I swapped the orientation of the gas pax mount which I think has fixed the problem. I think with 2 cans you can't mount them horizontally as it needs the support bar to keep from shaking around.

Also tried messing around with putting a shovel mount on instead of the water. Kind of nervous about having a shovel that could maybe fly off so don't think I'll keep it like that.

I'm also thinking of re-locating the water mount inside but can't figure out how to remove this panel to be able to mount the pax mount. Anyone know what's behind there and if it's possible to mount the plate where I have it taped?

you did a great job and looks super.. I did only a small add-on today,,, Got a fire extinguisher and a storage bag for the passenger seat... Doing small things while I am saving for tires LOL:angel:

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

I like what @CaJLMetalHead did. More pics in this thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ideas-for-camping-in-jeep.103801/post-2183507

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EE7E4132-E384-4139-9FFA-F16E962F9E2E

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
It's surprising that they can be significantly brighter and still be street legal. That's pretty cool.
I believe it’s the pattern that allows them to be street legal. Sharp horizontal cutoff so doesn’t blind people.
Also why removing the shutter or whatever at the top of the Oem fogs doesn’t make any sense. That would not make them brighter just blind people.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I believe it’s the pattern that allows them to be street legal. Sharp horizontal cutoff so doesn’t blind people.
Also why removing the shutter or whatever at the top of the Oem fogs doesn’t make any sense. That would not make them brighter just blind people.
I'm fairly sure that there are also limits on brightness. That's why I was surprised that they were significantly brighter while still being street legal. You'd think that manufactures would have brighter fogs.

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EE7E4132-E384-4139-9FFA-F16E962F9E2E

In your last pic, there's nothing behind it except the seat belt mechanism towards the top. It's just plastic to cover up the bare tub. Just pick a spot and start pulling away, it's held on with clips. I'd be wary of mounting a water can to just the plastic piece, especially if it's a full water can. Not exactly a solid place to mount something with weight to it, unless you can hard mount it to the tub underneath the trim piece.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
In your last pic, there's nothing behind it except the seat belt mechanism towards the top. It's just plastic to cover up the bare tub. Just pick a spot and start pulling away, it's held on with clips. I'd be wary of mounting a water can to just the plastic piece, especially if it's a full water can. Not exactly a solid place to mount something with weight to it, unless you can hard mount it to the tub underneath the trim piece.
hmm I wonder if I can mount it to the rollbar somehow

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Got my parts in (though miss calculated the size…1 too small) to modify the Mopar Windshield Wiper System to also still use the stock hood windshield nozzles:

1/8” “Y” connectors and tube:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 68947D9C-45DB-485F-A605-87E9C5FAB021

Connected single side to pump side and “Y”’d to the stock nozzle line and the other to the Mopar line:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? CC4CE265-F738-4871-9B1B-AD118397C385

And I don’t care for asthetic look…pulled Mopar lines farther out at the wiper arms to minimize rubbing and fraying:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9B7426BB-EBB7-452E-A30B-11BC33A78F55

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4672D7D7-B7A3-4E48-B88F-69C1DE7601C8

Ran out of windshield fluid to get a video, lol…will get one later.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I installed an OBD-II port lock. A recent thread on the vulnerability of modern vehicles to car thieves planted a little seed on the subject.

Like most security doodads, the lock provides little more than visual deterrence, and/or the ability to slow down the offender's efforts a bit.

IMG_20230112_100040.jpg
IMG_20230112_100558.jpg
I thought our odb2 ports were encrypted? Isn’t that why the tazer has to be installed before that encryption device? If thats the case how can be hacked? Or is this lock for people that have the tazer installed?

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Installed sliders and door sill guards. First purchase of anything Smittybilt. Always went Poison Spider, Gen-Rite and Ace engineering. I must say these sliders impressed me greatly. Both in fit and build quality. They are bolt on to frame and can jack side of Jeep both wheels off ground with no flex movement of slider.

20230114_170147.jpg

20230114_170206.jpg

20230114_170220.jpg