Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited North Edition
Occupation
Lineman
Vehicle Showcase
installed lasfit stealth hood lock. didnt like the keyed hood latches i bought. having an extra key and all the ones available look or feel cheap. this solves all my problems.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I put the spare tire on the right front. I have a long road trip coming up, sometimes I go around and measure tread depth, the tire with the least tread gets to live on the spare for awhile.

I did an experiment in the process. I only have Rubicon tires but they are heavy enough, I don't need to be picking them up that high unless I really have to. So I put a hook in the ceiling of my garage screwed into a ceiling joist, then I used a cable comealong and a piece of nylon recovery strap to pick up the tire off of the rear tire carrier and lowered it to the ground. Then I picked up the other tire and put it back on the carrier. It is a bit fiddly and takes some time, but I didn't have to pick it up.
Why don't you just do tire rotations on a schedule to ensure even wear on all 5 tires?

Oddly enough, manhandling the spare is easier for me than trying to lift a tire a few inches onto a hub that spins. Both still suck with 100 lb + tires though. Lol

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I customized my bead lock ring with rocks for that unique look. While it does look similar to the other bead lock rings on my Jeep a trained eye can easily see the difference and unique features on each ring.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well it's done ..... I installed a set of @Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Type M Kit White SAE Fog's.

I waited almost 4 years and 66,000 miles to do this. What was I thinking... I should have done this during the first few weeks of ownership. What a major difference in lighting! AND... they look better then stock LED fogs.

Install was easy and would be so for most guys or gals.

The build quality of the lights is top notch which is typical of a Diode Dynamics offering.

The install was easy. As for the aiming.... Well, when I adjusted so the SS3 fit flush against the inner bumper plastic the end result was the adjustment was on the money.

Click pic to enlarge...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DD00004

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screenshot 2023-01-12 092824

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 890-00

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Why don't you just do tire rotations on a schedule to ensure even wear on all 5 tires?

Oddly enough, manhandling the spare is easier for me than trying to lift a tire a few inches onto a hub that spins. Both still suck with 100 lb + tires though. Lol
I get too consumed by work duties and I'm not disciplined enough to keep mileage records for tire rotation purposes. I bought my tires used, with 10k miles on 4 of them and no miles on the spare. I was hoping that if I left that one on the ground and rotated the other 3 I could even out the wear and collectively they would all last a few thousand miles more but I haven't been doing it well enough.

I'm not bending over to put that heavy tire on the hub either. I jacked the vehicle up just to the point where the tire cleared the pavement. I took off that tire then rolled the other one mostly in position where if I tilted it over it would be on the lugs. I had to reposition just a bit to get all 5 to line up then I pushed the bottom of the tire over an inch or two and I could get the tire on and start the lug nuts. Doing this on the side of the road would not be as easy.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I get too consumed by work duties and I'm not disciplined enough to keep mileage records for tire rotation purposes. I bought my tires used, with 10k miles on 4 of them and no miles on the spare. I was hoping that if I left that one on the ground and rotated the other 3 I could even out the wear and collectively they would all last a few thousand miles more but I haven't been doing it well enough.

I'm not bending over to put that heavy tire on the hub either. I jacked the vehicle up just to the point where the tire cleared the pavement. I took off that tire then rolled the other one mostly in position where if I tilted it over it would be on the lugs. I had to reposition just a bit to get all 5 to line up then I pushed the bottom of the tire over an inch or two and I could get the tire on and start the lug nuts. Doing this on the side of the road would not be as easy.
Fair enough.

My wife got me this Jack and Jill Jack that just barely does my 35s. It's a pretty good help for getting tire onto hub.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I installed an OBD-II port lock. A recent thread on the vulnerability of modern vehicles to car thieves planted a little seed on the subject.

Like most security doodads, the lock provides little more than visual deterrence, and/or the ability to slow down the offender's efforts a bit.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20230112_100040
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20230112_100558

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Well it's done ..... I installed a set of @Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Type M Kit White SAE Fog's.

I waited almost 4 years and 66,000 miles to do this. What was I thinking... I should have done this during the first few weeks of ownership. What a major difference in lighting! AND... they look better then stock LED fogs.

The build quality of the lights is top notch which is typical of a Diode Dynamics offering.

The install was easy. As for the aiming.... Well, when I adjusted so the SS3 fit flush against the inner bumper plastic the end result was the adjustment was on the money.

Click pic to enlarge...

Do you happen to have pics of the difference in beam pattern?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you happen to have pics of the difference in beam pattern?
No, I did not take pics. Diode Dynamic has videos and pics out there that are far better then I could ever do..

I can tell you the output from the SS3 Pro's is way way more then the factory LED fogs.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

No, I did not take pics. Diode Dynamic has videos and pics out there that are far better then I could ever do..

I can tell you the output from the SS3 Pro's is way way more then the factory LED fogs.
That implies that they might not be street legal, right?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No might about it. The SS3 Pro is street legal or I would not have installed.

For the record, I will be using more so as an augmentation of my high beams. I often run with high beams and fogs in deer country.

Tazer JL and JScan have the feature high beams with fogs.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Here is an informational on the @Diode Dynamics: DD6197, Fog Light Kit SS3 Pro SAE that I installed.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 890-00

Diode Dynamics Fog Light Kit SS3 Pro SAE White Jeep Wrangler JK 2007-2018/ JL 2018-2021/ Gladiator 2020-2021

Diode Dynamics:
DD6197

Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro SAE White Fog Light Kit for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Jeep JK Wranglers, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 JL Wranglers and 2020-2021 Gladiators.

Maximize the lighting on your 2007-2018 Jeep JK Wrangler, 2018-2021 JL Wrangler, or 2020-2021 Gladiator with the Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro SAE White Fog Light Kit DD6197. These LED-based fog lights easily install on factory mounts with custom-engineered TIR optics to light the way! The highly useful beam pattern creates a targeted light beam, so no more wasted output.
Features and Benefits:
- SS3 LED fog light
- Direct fit kit
- SAE-compliant road-legal output
- Includes round bezel, for factory-style appearance
- Plug and play, no modification needed
- Advanced TIR optics provide high efficiency and focus
- Durable powder-coated aluminum extrusion
- Engineered and Manufactured in the USA
- Fits plastic bumpers only

The included round bezel has a clean, factory-style appearance with a bright result. Thanks to the custom-molded brackets, the SS3 Fog Light Bracket Kit can be installed quickly and hassle-free. By removing the factory fog light assembly, it bolts right into place! Wire adapters are included to connect the lights to your factory bulb sockets to avoid wiring. Traditional optics like reflectors lose light from glare, while the SS3 SAE white fog lights collect all light from the LED, and reduces glare thereby improving the total efficiency.

Vehicle Fitment:
- Plastic Bumper 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport/Sahara/Rubicon
- Plastic Bumper 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
- Plastic Bumper 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
- Plastic Bumper 2020-2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
- Plastic Bumper 2020-2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
*Does not fit Sport JL models

California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase

I ran those on my previous 2018 RAM 4500 Cab & Chassis.....and transferred them over to my current 2022 RAM 5500 Cab & Chassis. They’re great lights......and staff at @Diode Dynamics was great in respect to getting me the correct brackets and wiring adaptors for my new 5500.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C5912E83-F6A9-4442-A03E-6C4B85F64ABB
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 238DC639-4B63-4DEB-BE70-33F6C160EE1C
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 034087D6-DCCA-4777-AAE3-FAAF963F2571
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A2B5AF1D-9CC7-4614-9178-190374FDB6ED
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3933E8A8-5792-45FF-A1EA-51FBA01615D2

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I just upgraded to the Teraflex Falcon Nexus 2.2 Adjustable Steering Stabilizer…MAJOR difference. Pricey, but worth every penny.
great stablizer