What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
You are correct sir. Bought it before XMas “on-sale “. But fortunately, I have the space. Just moved into a new place. So still a lot of work trying to get things sorted out. Put away. But should all be good.
Ha! I too bought it when it was on sale - got the whole kit. The door cart turned out better than I thought it would, sturdier than it looks, and rolls around nicely. I don't want to hang my top, I have a '97 TJ as well, and built a big shelf to keep it's top on, resting on some wood. I have a decently sized garage, but oddly the space is weird so I don't have a good spot to hang it. Plus, I was not very religious about using it, we often get mild winters here and sometimes I just run with the softop on. The Hardtop was free to me, so it wasn't something I wanted to invest in a ceiling hoist and mess with all that. Plus my garage is finished and well over 15' tall so finding the studs to screw into was more of a pain than I wanted to mess with.

Question on the Top Lifts - I also have the Hot Headliner and read where we shouldn't use the TopLift without something to spread the weight against the liner(s). I would imagine that isn't unique to the Hot Headliner and just curious about what others have used. I had asked in another thread but didn't see a reply yet. Was wondering about those round, hard plastic, furniture mover things since they are thin enough to slide in between the liner and the Top Lift.

Grampy22

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLJX
Ha! I too bought it when it was on sale - got the whole kit. The door cart turned out better than I thought it would, sturdier than it looks, and rolls around nicely. I don't want to hang my top, I have a '97 TJ as well, and built a big shelf to keep it's top on, resting on some wood. I have a decently sized garage, but oddly the space is weird so I don't have a good spot to hang it. Plus, I was not very religious about using it, we often get mild winters here and sometimes I just run with the softop on. The Hardtop was free to me, so it wasn't something I wanted to invest in a ceiling hoist and mess with all that. Plus my garage is finished and well over 15' tall so finding the studs to screw into was more of a pain than I wanted to mess with.

Question on the Top Lifts - I also have the Hot Headliner and read where we shouldn't use the TopLift without something to spread the weight against the liner(s). I would imagine that isn't unique to the Hot Headliner and just curious about what others have used. I had asked in another thread but didn't see a reply yet. Was wondering about those round, hard plastic, furniture mover things since they are thin enough to slide in between the liner and the Top Lift.
You like the cart that’s good to know. I have half doors still in the box. I unfortunately have not been able to use yet. That would be good for storage. My top is stock so sorry can’t help there. But I can imagine it wouldn’t hurt to put a piece of 1/4 inch plywood up there when you remove the top. Should offset it too much.

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
Fire extinguisher mount. AAL made their own bracket to work with the Synergy quick release. Love the look and function.

D374FC48-3DCE-4340-B301-BFBD0E5BF383.jpeg

3C4FF083-8D42-4B26-B35E-D0BE466740E9.jpeg

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

that looks expensive and like it takes up valuable garage space as opposed to putting bolts in the ceiling and hanging it.
Everyone's situation is different. In my case I cannot park my Jeep in my garage but I can wheel this lift just inside and still open/close the garage door. Even if I could park my Jeep inside, I do not have open ceiling space to hang a DIY contraption. That was my first preference but couldn't make it happen.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Yep if one wanted to you could move the entire control unit elsewhere. The badlands comes with the parts to do so fairly painlessly. Again I don't care if it rubs, trees rub, rocks rub, its a Jeep stuff happens. :)
Fire extinguisher mount. AAL made their own bracket to work with the Synergy quick release. Love the look and function.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3C4FF083-8D42-4B26-B35E-D0BE466740E9

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3C4FF083-8D42-4B26-B35E-D0BE466740E9

Does that bracket work with a soft top?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Such accessories work only when the sum of the folding frame hardware is removed from the vehicle. Said differently, the soft top would have to be taken off.

Where the pictured bracket sits on the rollbar is where a large component of the JLU's soft top frame is attached.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I put the spare tire on the right front. I have a long road trip coming up, sometimes I go around and measure tread depth, the tire with the least tread gets to live on the spare for awhile.

I did an experiment in the process. I only have Rubicon tires but they are heavy enough, I don't need to be picking them up that high unless I really have to. So I put a hook in the ceiling of my garage screwed into a ceiling joist, then I used a cable comealong and a piece of nylon recovery strap to pick up the tire off of the rear tire carrier and lowered it to the ground. Then I picked up the other tire and put it back on the carrier. It is a bit fiddly and takes some time, but I didn't have to pick it up.

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
It may work if you don’t put the soft top down. I’d guess you can insert this 1/8” thick bracket between the sport cage bar and the soft top mounting section. Then you can’t put the soft top down. I don’t have soft top, can’t verify.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C8CE2484-0970-4BF7-839E-9726043EC650

Aquastream

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, Hella Yella, 2.0 T
I did some re-badging today. Yeah I know I should’ve just bought a Rubicon.

The new red and silver trail rated badge is to tie in the colour of the rims, and also i just love the red accents on the Jeep

I actually have rubicon high line flares arriving by early next week and then i’m done for a while, maybe

F1E6BE7F-A789-4702-8E6D-1B62FF3AA344.jpeg

A4032FCB-3E40-4464-8E49-8EF6428B64EA.jpeg

18A9C966-E16D-4BB9-A976-8285D3E3415D.jpeg

F7319BBB-4FF4-4A0D-9463-49072B2E956B.jpeg

FF25C414-5657-4854-90B6-73AFB6D1EE38.jpeg

A8047E80-3DCB-48DF-B34B-6F74424229A9.jpeg

FF30BEE0-ED01-48BC-8903-D45CB6A34364.jpeg