What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

blk2doorjl

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Two Door
Install would be easy for most any guy or gal. No special tools or skills needed. Screwdriver's needed, that is it...

Install involves removing 14 screws.... that is easy to do ...but it takes a few minutes.

It takes about 15 minutes total to pull the tail light, swap out the panel and then reinstall the tail light.

20221222_142121.jpg
thank you, sir! I got a bit antsy when the lights arrived in a day and installed them right away forgetting the inserts were still on their way. I'll tackle it this weekend!

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
thank you, sir! I got a bit antsy when the lights arrived in a day and installed them right away forgetting the inserts were still on their way. I'll tackle it this weekend!
I had my lights in for a couple of weeks before I ordered the panels. You should be fine.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Easiest way to change the aux battery is pulling the inner fender liner. You won’t have to disconnect the main harness and risk breaking or bending a pin which won’t be covered by the warranty. There is a post on the correct way to remove the aux.
Is that the easiest approach for all engines? I was under the impression that with the diesel you remove the main, undo some bolts that the main was covering, then lift the alt out.

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
Installed the Mopar running boards per my wife's request.
I'll put the Rubicon rock sliders back on when off-roading.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Willys-14

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Installed the Mopar running boards per my wife's request.
I'll put the Rubicon rock sliders back on when off-roading.
Willys-14.jpg
Nice looking JL.. She is going to love those running boards.

Have you considered installing @Diode Dynamics clear or smoked front side markers. Either one would add to the look lets say. The factory amber color side marker is ahhh...

The DD sidemarkers are top notch, easy easy to install and under $100.

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

A day of small adjustments. After chalk test to zero in on the proper pressure, I used my Taser lite to set the tire size and tpms settings to match my new Micky Thompsons. And installed the 'performance' wipers from Mopar....Just in time for the rain to push in from California.
Have you had a chance to use the wipers? Was looking at ordering a set. I would think with the design it would work much better, especially at speed.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Not all today but over the last week from all the Christmas goodies Santa brought.

Did an axle swap from the sport axles to rubi 44's and lockers. Artec front and rear truss and FAD skid. Advantek diff covers front and rear. RCV axle shafts in the front, Dana Chromoly Axle shafts in the rear. Reid knuckles with dynatrac ball joints. Yukon 5.13 gears. 37" KO2's. ARB twin compressor on the M.O.R.E. cargo mount.

The guys at Unlimited Offroad hooked me up with an incredible deal after getting scammed. Cant recommend them enough.

Now its time to start focusing on some armor underneath then replacing the driveshafts and those RC side steps.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1122
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1124
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1125
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1127
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1121

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Have you had a chance to use the wipers? Was looking at ordering a set. I would think with the design it would work much better, especially at speed.
I did. Driving in intermittent rain yesterday, I used them several times to clear dirty road spray from the cars in front of me. Was surprized by how quickly it cleared it - one cycle and it was crystal clear - but I also like the fact that it doesn't obscure you vision at all like the spray from the nozles do. Never really thought about it as a big deal, but it's a very noticable difference in use.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Is that the easiest approach for all engines? I was under the impression that with the diesel you remove the main, undo some bolts that the main was covering, then lift the alt out.
I konw its the way they recommend for the 3.6 and 2.0. not sure about the 3.0 Diesel

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Did a lot of research and held a pair of Maxtrax. Decided to go with a set of ActionTrax, which arrived today.
Excited to start using these.

Initial impressions - very stout, love the serrated edge, and the hand holds are large and comfortable. Atleast on first impressions Im glad I picked them over Maxtrax. No dig at Maxtrax, I'm sure they would be great as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230106_125933