Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Got around to installing the overhead molle platform from AAL. Excited to start the radio mount etc.

My roll-bar grab handles from Bartact no longer work. Anyone running a roll-bar grab handle that looks like it would work with the platform? I think a strap style would work but it would have to be just the straps and two instead of three (not the full piece on the top like the bartact). Looks to be about 9in to each side of the molle platform.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230102_151804
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230102_151809

itsbeenfunmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Govt Contractor
This has been on my list for some time now but unsure about the extra weight on the tailgate. How is the tailgate holding up? Is the reinforcement you have the mopar one?
Yes. The STP is 18lbs and the shift pod is 32.5 lbs.

I have the stock mopar reinforcement. No issues

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Wheels and tires done!

Next up Rubicon takeoff springs/shocks, terraflex 1.5" lvl kit, Mopar LCAs. bumper and winch...
Looks good! Love the bronze wheels

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Two Qs:

How straightforward is the unplugging and reassembly of the large wiring terminal connectors on the underside of the fuse box?

-and-

Wouldn't you want a bit of airflow at the center of the windscreen? I've staggered the plugs in that portion of the defrost vent precisely to provide a bit of conditioned air. Just curious to know your experience.
Easiest way to change the aux battery is pulling the inner fender liner. You won’t have to disconnect the main harness and risk breaking or bending a pin which won’t be covered by the warranty. There is a post on the correct way to remove the aux.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Sure you did... I see absolutely no evidence that is true!
In a fit of boredom, I took my Jeep completely apart and reassembled it today... you doubt my veracity, sir??? :)

SBLACK502

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
My wife’s 2023 Willys XR did not have the homelink visor when we bought it, so I replaced the standard illuminated visor with a homelink visor. Simple swap and activate the homelink feature using Jscan.
Replaced the lca’s with the Mopar 2” lift lca’s, ended up with right at 6 degrees caster, this is by far the best driving Jeep we’ve had.
Also ordered a factory fog light harness and wired the new fog lights with factory harness, so they work with the factory fog light switch.
Thanks Benny @AllMoparParts.com
What’s the correct part number for the homelink visor?

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Nice looking Jeep! I definitely like the first ones. Perfect size and good color match. You’re right, the 2nd ones are too bulky.
@Southers313 , I'm with this guy, the first one for sure. Second one looks strange. Definitely not a good fit.
Btw, nittos are nice touch! 😍

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
How straightforward is the unplugging and reassembly of the large wiring terminal connectors on the underside of the fuse box?
4 bolts hold the plugs on to the bottom of the box. They are removed first from above; once loosened, pretty easy to pop the 4 plastic tabs on the edges of the fuse box and pull it up. The plugs might need a screw driver pry a bit to get them moving, or a pull with the hand, but they release without much fanfare.

Wouldn't you want a bit of airflow at the center of the windscreen? I've staggered the plugs in that portion of the defrost vent precisely to provide a bit of conditioned air. Just curious to know your experience.
Plenty of air still comes up around the plugs. They are not super tight in the holes, in fact on "full blast" of defrost some of the plugs can fly out. I haven't had any issues without enough clearing up the middle.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Easiest way to change the aux battery is pulling the inner fender liner. You won’t have to disconnect the main harness and risk breaking or bending a pin which won’t be covered by the warranty. There is a post on the correct way to remove the aux.
I watched videos for both methods. The "Shortcut" through the "fender" seemed more difficult to me. And removing the fender usually results in a few broken clips for me. I think if you are agile, it could work pulling the battery box from below, and balancing the battery as you disconnect the battery posts, but it really is very straight forward following the "Mopar" way.

The fender method is an "Alternative method", not the "Correct method". :)

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I'm going to ask what might be dumb question-why put splash guards on a JL? Are they just for looks or do they provide some important function? I think it is a badge of Jeep ownership to have the side of my Jeep covered in road mud. ;)
Stones, rocks, mud, snow, salt, sand, etc. Keeping that crap off the Jeep is beneficial. Especially the stones and rocks.

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I watched videos for both methods. The "Shortcut" through the "fender" seemed more difficult to me. And removing the fender usually results in a few broken clips for me. I think if you are agile, it could work pulling the battery box from below, and balancing the battery as you disconnect the battery posts, but it really is very straight forward following the "Mopar" way.

The fender method is an "Alternative method", not the "Correct method". 
I did mine last year through the top. Super easy.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
For locals, I do Aux battery replacements. I have done more then a few... I would never consider dismantling the PDC in order to replace an Aux battery. To risky to do that..

I usually ask the guy/gal that wants the Aux battery changed out, if they don't mind spending an extra $12 for fender flare clips that I break. I mention to them I can do the deed via a fender liner peel but even then, I have to charge them for plastic rivets.. Sure the plastic rivets are alot less expensive.

I go on to tell them that if I pull the flare and do the Aux battery change there will be absolutely no telltale signs I pulled the flare to do the Aux battery change. I tell them that if I cut and replace rivets that the replacement rivets if you look closely will not look as the factory rivets did. I give a guy or gal a choice as some, like me are a tad OCD.

With that said, I do either way. I know my dealership Tech friends would rather do the fender flare pull way versus the fender liner peel way.... but Stellantis will not reimburse for the pricier fender flare clips so they do the fender liner peel way.