frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Looks great!

Each time I see the LOD's I feel like I made a mistake and should've just splurged a bit and bought them instead 🤤
Thanks! They are awesome And heavy duty.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
It wasn’t “today” but I’ve been dealing with the aftermath all week: I installed the Stinger Heigh10 stereo unit AND did the dreaded knee panel lower dash speaker replacement. In addition I added stinger blind spot cameras and front facing camera.

I didn’t realize that the heigh10 and tazer JL mini weren’t compatible (and have numerous redundant/conflicting features) so removing the tazer after the install of the deck (which was labor intensive enough that I’m avoiding ever taking it out for any reason!!) was quite challenging.

as I installed the forward camera I ran the wiring to my rough country light controller to tap into power and the circuit board decided that removing the Nut from the positive lead post was enough To corrode and brake it off. The screw/Post is sandwiched AND soldered between two circuit boards, so I ordered a replacement from RC and spent yesterday installing that and cleaning up my wiring under the hood (which included removing some low quality rock lights —putting in the good ones is up next).

all of that to say - don’t forget about the law of unintended consequences; especially during an install.

I didn’t take progress photos, but to top it all off I got my first duck EVER after completing all of this yesterday!

DC275E55-8CE4-46F6-AF51-B361FC4A0D42.jpeg

C30A1061-5439-4D5F-A573-5A725C021439.jpeg
Not sure what you were using a Taser for but JScan will do a lot of the same stuff without those issues you ran into. Plus side is you can sell your Taser and buy everything required for JScan and still have money in your pocket.

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
Took the Rubicon sliders off today to make way for new LOD Armor Lite sliders. Wasn't going to worry about covering the pinch weld area, but have changed my mind.
hammerhead makes an excellent and easy punch weld cover or you can tape it off and spray with bed liner for $15

RJ7

First Name
RJ.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLR
Occupation
Union Ironworker Loc 7
Installed a set of Mopar extreme fender flare extensions.

68536653AA - Front Left
68536652AA - Front Right
68536655AA - Rear Left
68536654AA - Rear Right

Getting ready for the lift kit
and the 35's

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1498

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1500

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Installed a set of Mopar extreme fender flare extensions.

68536653AA - Front Left
68536652AA - Front Right
68536655AA - Rear Left
68536654AA - Rear Right

Getting ready for the lift kit
and the 35's

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg
Thanks for listing out the p/n’s. Those might be in my future as well. Should have my lift and tires on in the next week or so.

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
We Just finished installing the HotHead Headliners in my '23 Rubi 4xe. Fit was perfect and the parts were nicely labeled. The videos made it easy. I originally wanted to take the hard top off, but seeing the videos and reading how Mark says they designed it so the top doesn't have to come off convinced me to leave it on. We did take off the two freedom tops since those are super easy to take off.

We were familiar with the sound deading strips from doing the TJ tub and body earlier this year so we were pretty familiar with that part and it wasn't hard at all, just peel off the backing a little at a time and use the roller and make sure to get good contact.

I read in one post that someone broke the tool the HotHead sent them - they must have been using alot of extra strength pills that day. When we did the tub in the TJ, the guidance was to roll it enough to "flatten" the raised portion on the sound deading strips - it doesn't take a lot of pressure, just enough, and no reason to go cray-cray.

Following the videos we "scuffed" just enough to where the tape strips will be and then used air from my compressor to blow out the dust. The final step was to wipe with acetone.

You do want to be in a good position to brace and use the provided hard pressboard to give the tape and the top and nice squeeze so the tap can adhere. I would hold for about 5-10 seconds and then move up the line. We did mark on the front side where the tape line is and that helped to make sure we were applying pressure to the right spots.

All in all, it took us about 3 hours, but mainly because we took our time BS'ing and farting around a little. I read some guys did it in about an hour, I could probably do it that fast if I did it again.

One final thought, it is about 60 or so outside and so we took our time to make sure the sound deading strips and the tape has fully adhered. I did warm up the garage some and we made sure to apply solid, consistent pressure to give the strips and the panels plenty of time to adhere before moving on to the next step.

Just wanted to follow up with some additional feedback. Got to drive around my "normal" route yesterday and had a few observations. Like some others have said, I noticed my stereo sounded better and that I had it a couple of tics lower than I normally have it set and it sounded just as loud. I was talking with my wife and we were able to lower our voices, almost to a whisper, and still hear each other (so the kids in the back wouldn't hear). I did feel like the overall noise levels were reduced. It was in the 60's here and I had the internal temp set to 72 so I couldn't tell from an extreme hot or cold situation, but it certainly helps with the overall sound "profile".

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Oil change, tire rotation, fuel drain, and installed my weather tech window vents and outback adventure table. Nice little quiet end to the 2022 year.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image
Nice work!