What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
This should make us all pause for buying other "JL" items on the Extreme Terrain website. If they got this one wrong, how do we know the other items on their website they label as JL will work on the JL, unless it is a confirmed Mopar part number?
They were nonchalant when I brought it to their attention concerning the mistake I discovered. No apologies and no future discounts to earn my business or anything. Iā€™m so done with Extreme Terrain. I donā€™t trust them.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Congrats

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Buyer beware. I purchased a SmittyBilt electric hoist from Extreme Terrain for my 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sahara to remove my hardtop. Iā€™m unable to use this model because itā€™s not compatible with my 2018JL. According to their website below itā€™s compatible for all Wranglers from ā€˜87-18ā€™ YJ, TJ, JK, & JL. I contacted customer service and they confirmed that it is not compatible with my 2018JL and issued me a RMA to return the hoist. After paying to have it installed and including an electrician to run power to the hoist and now to have to pay someone to uninstall it so I can ship it back is ludicrous. Iā€™m out of a lot of money because of their mistake. I purchased based on what I read before buying. Attached is a screen shot of their listing on their website.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-hardtop-hoist-8717all-manu-install.html

8673D246-0A44-4EC8-BDC1-BE79FEC19B40.png
They also list the jk Klein on board to fit the JL also. It does not.

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
They were nonchalant when I brought it to their attention concerning the mistake I discovered. No apologies and no future discounts to earn my business or anything. Iā€™m so done with Extreme Terrain. I donā€™t trust them.
I was told by their customer service on sunday that UPS will provide the boxes needed to ship the hoist back. I'm at UPS now and they said they will provide boxes for a fee. I called customer back today (monday) and they said that the customer service rep should not have offered to have UPS provide the boxes for FREE. Now I have to pay for the boxes to ship back the hoist. I'm beyond pissed. I'm out a few hundred dollars because of a professional install and now I have to pay for boxes to ship back the hoist. Look it came in 2 boxes but yet customer service emailed me 1 shipping label for 1 box. SMH. Never again Extreme Terrain.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Buyer beware. I purchased a SmittyBilt electric hoist from Extreme Terrain for my 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sahara to remove my hardtop. Iā€™m unable to use this model because itā€™s not compatible with my 2018JL. According to their website below itā€™s compatible for all Wranglers from ā€˜87-18ā€™ YJ, TJ, JK, & JL. I contacted customer service and they confirmed that it is not compatible with my 2018JL and issued me a RMA to return the hoist. After paying to have it installed and including an electrician to run power to the hoist and now to have to pay someone to uninstall it so I can ship it back is ludicrous. Iā€™m out of a lot of money because of their mistake. I purchased based on what I read before buying. Attached is a screen shot of their listing on their website.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-hardtop-hoist-8717all-manu-install.html

I was going to order something from them too and I noticed this. See if you can see it too? Whoever is managing the website not paying attention and its cost people real money.

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 9.15.40 AM.png

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
They are not making the changes on their website to reflect what is compatible with the different Jeep models. It is costing people a lot of money but in the end it will cost Extreme Terrain more because they will never earn my business again.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
What did I do today? I cracked my windshield Saturday... only 835 miles on it. Is that a new record? I did get some off-roading in to test out the sway bad disconnects and lockers, everything worked great. No good pictures though, was only out for about an hour with no other people.
IMG_4904.JPG
IMG_4895.JPG

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Had a few things I could stand to loose taken out of the Jeep last night. I leave it unlocked so they can open the door instead of cutting my expensive soft top.
On a lighter note I put a Barricade Adventure HD bumper on Puddle Jumper :jk:
IMG_20180528_183120.jpg
How was the bumper install? Did everything line up or did you need to drill out some of the holes like others did?

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
How was the bumper install? Did everything line up or did you need to drill out some of the holes like others did?
No it went perfectly. You need a set of deep sockets to get the stock bolts holding the bumper, and there are a number of clips that its good to have a set of pullers for. Other than that a good torque-y drill will help immensely.

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
They are not making the changes on their website to reflect what is compatible with the different Jeep models. It is costing people a lot of money but in the end it will cost Extreme Terrain more because they will never earn my business again.
If i was in your situation, I'd contact my credit card company and just file a charge back. The item not being as described, and then not providing a clear easy return are reason enough for the bank to side with you. They should send a courier to your house to collect it, box it, and ship it.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

You might want to post a new thread on https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/extreme-terrain.77/ with a headline like "Beware when buying from Extreme Terrain" or something similar. Then repost your experience there as well. That should hopefully rattle them into real customer service mode to make you whole on your expenses. If not, it will at least warn others. Update: Just saw it show up... I should of waited a few minutes lol.