What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nice looking Jeep! I definitely like the first ones. Perfect size and good color match. You’re right, the 2nd ones are too bulky.
Totally agree. The second set just doesn't look right on the Jeep.

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
Just a boring 30,000 mile oil change and tire rotation. Last free one on my Jeep Wave.
Headed out after and had a shudder at 60 mph. Back to service. They checked and rear tire (down from spare) was off by .5 oz. Rebalanced (free) and all good.

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
I ordered some black aluminum support brackets for the sun visor. The passenger sun visor decided to become loose and is not behaving. I did a search and found that the JL/JT sun visors have a tendency to break and these brackets seem to fix the issue. The brackets should be here next week, will post more when they are installed.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Santa brought some 37” Nitto’s and now I’m debating between these two sets of D-ring shackles. I liked the second ones online, but I’m wondering if they’re not almost too bulky. First ones I think are also a closer Gobi match.

D955012C-C03F-4044-970D-DAEEB2AEF217.jpeg

151826C6-A93E-4B2B-A60E-668D7C057F37.jpeg

B19C8F38-F06B-4539-A316-A80EDEA1A14E.jpeg
Don't they rattle around and bang the paint off while driving?

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I ordered some black aluminum support brackets for the sun visor. The passenger sun visor decided to become loose and is not behaving. I did a search and found that the JL/JT sun visors have a tendency to break and these brackets seem to fix the issue. The brackets should be here next week, will post more when they are installed.
I cringe when my wife uses the visor. She is not gentle with doors, drawers, etc. and I know it’s just a matter of time before it breaks… I should go ahead and order one now. :facepalm:

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
I cringe when my wife uses the visor. She is not gentle with doors, drawers, etc. and I know it’s just a matter of time before it breaks… I should go ahead and order one now. :facepalm:
Being gentle has nothing to do with it apparently. This visor gets very little use. This problem with the visor is not an epidemic but it it is fairly common after checking it out online. Install looks easy, about 10-15 minutes.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Being gentle has nothing to do with it apparently. This visor gets very little use. This problem with the visor is not an epidemic but it it is fairly common after checking it out online. Install looks easy, about 10-15 minutes.

Everyone does it eventually.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Merry Christmas to me! New Fuel Hardline 20 x 12 with 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers and a Smittybilt Pivot reinforcement kit to hold up the spare. Oh, and a new shorter firefly antenna that won't hit my carport. No lift, but everything works great!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20221229_191104426
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20221229_191115122

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
Snapped a pic of it when I ran across my 2nd favorite JL color HellaYella on a parking lot:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 179F2218-4F98-4E67-ADE7-3AA20D454C60

Also, (i) cleaned out little rocks stuck in my tire treads and (ii) re-added the small rubber tube between the front wheel fender and the sheetmetal to avoid any of those pesky little rocks getting caught there and scratching the paint.

Not much, but it’s still a bit cold for me to put on the bunch of decals sitting in my garage (including this forum’s by @pixeldecals that I got in the mail last week)

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Santa brought some 37” Nitto’s and now I’m debating between these two sets of D-ring shackles. I liked the second ones online, but I’m wondering if they’re not almost too bulky. First ones I think are also a closer Gobi match.

D955012C-C03F-4044-970D-DAEEB2AEF217.jpeg

151826C6-A93E-4B2B-A60E-668D7C057F37.jpeg

B19C8F38-F06B-4539-A316-A80EDEA1A14E.jpeg
How the f*ck did 37's get down the chimney?

Booger sugar

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD
I just ordered The same light bar made by mPower. Essentially the exact same item but without quadratic’s giant logo staring back at you. I’ll be installing mine to the voswitch and hope there’s enough length in the wire to make it to the engine compartment
How do you like the Mpower light bar ?

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
We Just finished installing the HotHead Headliners in my '23 Rubi 4xe. Fit was perfect and the parts were nicely labeled. The videos made it easy. I originally wanted to take the hard top off, but seeing the videos and reading how Mark says they designed it so the top doesn't have to come off convinced me to leave it on. We did take off the two freedom tops since those are super easy to take off.

We were familiar with the sound deading strips from doing the TJ tub and body earlier this year so we were pretty familiar with that part and it wasn't hard at all, just peel off the backing a little at a time and use the roller and make sure to get good contact.

I read in one post that someone broke the tool the HotHead sent them - they must have been using alot of extra strength pills that day. When we did the tub in the TJ, the guidance was to roll it enough to "flatten" the raised portion on the sound deading strips - it doesn't take a lot of pressure, just enough, and no reason to go cray-cray.

Following the videos we "scuffed" just enough to where the tape strips will be and then used air from my compressor to blow out the dust. The final step was to wipe with acetone.

You do want to be in a good position to brace and use the provided hard pressboard to give the tape and the top and nice squeeze so the tap can adhere. I would hold for about 5-10 seconds and then move up the line. We did mark on the front side where the tape line is and that helped to make sure we were applying pressure to the right spots.

All in all, it took us about 3 hours, but mainly because we took our time BS'ing and farting around a little. I read some guys did it in about an hour, I could probably do it that fast if I did it again.

One final thought, it is about 60 or so outside and so we took our time to make sure the sound deading strips and the tape has fully adhered. I did warm up the garage some and we made sure to apply solid, consistent pressure to give the strips and the panels plenty of time to adhere before moving on to the next step.