What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
Unfortunately the pieces of shit are stealing them by accessing the STAR connector behind glovebox. We currently have a ring operating between Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal.
Granted, if the pinlock is activated that "should" stop them even when they make a new key.
They get them in less than 5 minutes:

Pop hood (hood pins don't set alarm off, thanks Jeep)
Remove fuse for horn and head unit
Gain access with Slim Jim or similiar.
Connect to STAR connector behind glove box and make a key from a blank.

Gone.

At the moment best advice is a hood lock, enable horn pins to actually set alarm off, block fuse panel access (steel zip ties, AMFIB snorkel etc). Some are also using Ushaped bike locks from steering to holy shit handle. Throttle controller anti theft options.
Revelco also makes a great product.
Taser pin lock but without above product, the pieces of shit just need to unplug it.
All they need is a torx bit with the hole in it to get into this lock box. Sure, it adds a marginal bit of security, but I would think that if they aren't already carrying one of those bits they will be shortly.

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
Thanks! See my crude drawing with before and after measurements. The after measurement are with a completely full tank of gas. The before measurements were with the fuel light on. I have only driven about 10 miles so far. Initial observations are there are zero noises, steering feels sharp, cornering is flat and no wandering at 65-70 mph. I'm super happy with the result.

260F42B9-C359-4E28-A3A3-982B7DFE6CB6.jpeg
All they need is a torx bit with the hole in it to get into this lock box. Sure, it adds a marginal bit of security, but I would think that if they aren't already carrying one of those bits they will be shortly.
This is very true. But sometimes all it takes is another moment of delay and something spooks them into leaving. Every extra step helps.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

Lightguy

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon Sting Grey

CChristensen23

First Name
Cord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep jl
I installed and wired up the Baja Design XL 80’s with motobilt a pillar mounts to the factory aux switch! I kind of wish the lights sat a little bit lower/closer to the hood, anyone have any recommendations on other a-pillar mounts that aren’t gawdy?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FD68030E-F527-4607-82CD-72AFF2B071D2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FD68030E-F527-4607-82CD-72AFF2B071D2
How do you like the XL-80s on the a pillar? Im looking at getting a set. Have you noticed any issues with the weight of them with the brackets you have?

Loccusst

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Spent the morning at my son in laws shop installing the Rubicon lower control arms and Teraflex 1” spacers on the front to level things out better. It was interesting working on the Jeep at a shop geared towards c8 Corvettes.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 88CB1BA5-5DD8-4DEB-9D76-516BA36845F6
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DCBBC045-0CAD-4709-8A2C-85EF2E55F1E4
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E0CEE006-BD59-44B1-B571-B634F37716D9

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable