What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...and what's the Tazer lock box's purpose? To prevent dealership tampering? Just curious.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
Who manufactures the Tazer lock box?
https://brawlerfab.com/product/tazer-shield/
Also I think it’s going to be available through z automotive soon.

...and what's the Tazer lock box's purpose? To prevent dealership tampering? Just curious.
It’s to prevent a thief from simply unplugging the harness from the tazer and plugging it back into the factory security module bypassing all the tazers theft deterrent features.
Just another deterrent device so hopefully it won’t be worth the time it takes to buypass them all without being seen trying to steal it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
https://brawlerfab.com/product/tazer-shield/

It’s to prevent a thief from simply unplugging the harness from the tazer and plugging it back into the factory security module bypassing all the tazers theft deterrent features.
That was my guess, but I wanted to be sure.

I do see that the manufacturer couldn't resist compromising the very security they claim their product provides by incorporating large cutouts for the company's initials. Such choices are inescapable, it seems.

Well, hopefully the thief is still dissuaded when he sees this little shield in situ.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
That was my guess, but I wanted to be sure.

I do see that the manufacturer couldn't resist compromising the very security they claim their product provides by incorporating large cutouts for the company's initials. Such choices are inescapable, it seems.

Well, hopefully the thief is still dissuaded when he sees this little shield in situ.
it’s funny that it’s made by brawler fab and not by z automotive.
If the thief gets past the hood locks and pull out the horn fuse, cut off my steering wheel club, and get past my RFID key box it’s just one more big F U if they go to plug in a security module of their own.
A little paranoid, yeah but it stays parked outside in Charlotte N.C. For now.

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
I can't answer that as I don't have any experience with others designs/installs. I have heard some complaints with others.

I can say that the pedal and mounting bracket are made from approx. 1/10in stainless steel, has three positions for adjusting the angle, simple one bolt install that firmly mounts against the firewall... and the pedal has a hard rubber pad.
The one bolt install on the firewall is worth the price of admission. Some of them mount on the side wall, and you have to be a contortionist to install.

jcruse64

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4-door
First change to the new Jeep. Added the screen protector to the infotainment/Uconnect screen. More to come, as the Quadratec dead pedal showed up yesterday, and the LOD Armor Lite sliders were on the porch today.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

First change to the new Jeep. Added the screen protector to the infotainment/Uconnect screen. More to come, as the Quadratec dead pedal showed up yesterday, and the LOD Armor Lite sliders were on the porch today.
I think you will really enjoy that dead pedal.

fastguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Finally installed the MetalCloak GC 2.5 with rocksport shocks. JLURD on 35's. Waiting for the lift to settle before deciding if 37's are needed.

jeep01.jpeg

jeep02.jpeg

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

jcruse64

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4-door
I think you will really enjoy that dead pedal.
Me, too. Never heard of them till I joined here. We bought my wife a new Durango in 2019. It is a really great vehicle, and we've racked up the miles driving out west. The only complaint I have on it is how uncomfortable my legs get after several hours behind the wheel. Our '02 Durango had what I now know is a dead pedal, as does my TDI Jetta, but not the '19 Durango. If this turns out to be as good as I hope, the Durango is getting one.