Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

My personal reason for it is this: I don’t work for free. I don’t advertise for free. If the maker of an aftermarket part wants to give me a sticker, I will 100% consider placing it somewhere. However, that sticker is my choice. Making a design choice on a part that takes into account your individual company logo in a way that isn’t so subtle and has no function in the part and takes the choice to advertise away from me? Yea that’s a no from me unless said company wants to pay (which will never happen

Also, being old enough to remember, most manufacturers back in the day gave stickers and emblems because the parts were nondescript so you had to ask the owner or infer from the sticker what a certain part was.

This is also why I was very clear with my dealer that I would not accept any dealer stickers or emblems on my jeep. I told them I’d be happy to run a license plate frame from them and I did that until my custom plates came in. So about 6 months. That being said they were great to work with and anyone who asks I tell them where I got it and who my salesman was.

/end rant
Anyone else remember dealerships using screws to attach their name tag onto the trunk of cars back in the 80s?

G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon, 2021 JLUR Diesel - On order
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone else remember dealerships using screws to attach their name tag onto the trunk of cars back in the 80s?
yep which is where my hatred of dealer marks originated. I can remember the stream of curses coming out of my dads mouth when he realized that the dealer we got my moms Buick LeSabre had used a screw AND the automotive tape to keep that badge on.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Why is everybody so against any aftermarket badging? I remember, about 20 years ago, we were all putting stickers all over our rigs to show what we were running. Now, everybody's running away from any stickers or other advertisements..
Nobody is against the badging, I thought it was funny that the “badging” sticker stated that it’s aftermarket lol.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I had the Icon Rebound Pros installed today. One box was missing the hardware so I am waiting on replacement hardware to install the spare.

3A2CAE95-A518-47DA-BF40-B00A24259569.jpeg
Looking good. I just ordered them in Bronze from Northridge last week. Looking forward to getting 35s mounted and installed.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Looking good. I just ordered them in Bronze from Northridge last week. Looking forward to getting 35s mounted and installed.
Oh and forgot... also tires, Clayton Overland lift and Fox shocks. I might now qualify as a VIP at Northridge. Unfortunately I live less than 5mi from their Silverdale store so was able to order in person. :facepalm: :rock:

G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Installed Rigid 360 4" covers to get the amber fogs and converted the steel bumper to a stubby. Wow that gives it an aggressive look... I love it!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0CA37C47-1FBF-4BCB-8538-4ADB2012C462
Are those the LED fog lights or the regular?

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
The bronze will look good on the dark red 👍😎

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Oh and forgot... also tires, Clayton Overland lift and Fox shocks. I might now qualify as a VIP at Northridge. Unfortunately I live less than 5mi from their Silverdale store so was able to order in person. :facepalm: :rock:
I'm working my way up their point system too lol. Great deals to be had usually and the videos I have needed to watch are well made.

G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Those fogs are the LED ones that come in the steel bumper... I believe technically they are Mopar Performance labeled.
thanks! I’ve been on the fence about the covers but they look great

jgreenfi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler 2D Sport MT
thanks! I’ve been on the fence about the covers but they look great
Sure thing! I’ve had amber fogs on all vehicles for years… Makes a WORLD of difference in poor visibility. And the contrast on the front makes it easier to be seen.

Crawl Away

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - 1998 TJ Sport
Nice. I like the bronze but my wife wasn’t sure if she would like it with the black Jeep.

I purchased from a local Discount Tire and got a really good deal. You might check with your local Discount Tire to see if you can beat Northridge. Make sure to check your boxes for the hardware.

blk2doorjl

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Two Door
Installed Rigid 360 4" covers to get the amber fogs and converted the steel bumper to a stubby. Wow that gives it an aggressive look... I love it!

0CA37C47-1FBF-4BCB-8538-4ADB2012C462.jpeg
You had to remove the fogs, install the covers and then reinstall fogs? Or did the skip into the opening in the bumper?

jgreenfi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler 2D Sport MT
You had to remove the fogs, install the covers and then reinstall fogs? Or did the skip into the opening in the bumper?
Once I removed the end caps on the bumper it was much easier. Unplugged and pulled the two 10mm screws that mounted the lights. Covers snapped right onto the lights and everything went back together smoothly!