What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Loving the look of these new aluminum billet fender vents from @Metalcloak which match the Jeep emblem perfectly - as opposed to the OEM plastic.

C25D39A6-37D2-4667-AE42-3D7FC66EA3F2.jpeg
There’s nothing better than an aftermarket product that has a big blazing sticker on it that says it’s “aftermarket”

Really…really?

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

No. Just the 12v on the rear. Just used T Taps easy to do. The pain was caused by removing and reinstalling the plastic panels.
Oops... yeah that is the location I was trying to mention. Thanks!

Southers313

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
There’s nothing better than an aftermarket product that has a big blazing sticker on it that says it’s “aftermarket”

Really…really?
Not a sticker at all - that’s actually stamped on the rock rails by @motorcityaftermarket and I gotta rep them being here in Detroit.

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
Hey definitely not knocking the rails, just the fact that they specifically state “aftermarket”.
Why is everybody so against any aftermarket badging? I remember, about 20 years ago, we were all putting stickers all over our rigs to show what we were running. Now, everybody's running away from any stickers or other advertisements..

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Why is everybody so against any aftermarket badging? I remember, about 20 years ago, we were all putting stickers all over our rigs to show what we were running. Now, everybody's running away from any stickers or other advertisements..
Your rig...do what you want!

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
The cool kids have decided it's not cool to rep anymore.

navyflyer

First Name
“Chopper” Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
I don’t like driving around with my aftermarket stuff advertising for itself. Pay a lot of money for some of these things, and I don’t like to see it. Give me a sticker and if I chose to advertise for you, or wanna brag about the products I have on my Jeep, I’ll throw it on my luggage or beer fridge.

Memphisthetank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Too early for my aftermarket Costco wreath? 😅

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Wreath

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Installed XK Glow turn signals markers on the sides and connected my rigid lights to the parking light circuit and the Aux 4 for the rigid beams. Broke 15 of the fender clips but had picked up 20 yesterday at the dealer just in case. Those are so brittle. I guess everyone will have different outcomes depending on when those clips were made or materials used on them. My Jeep is 3 weeks old from manufacture. So happy to get this out of the way. Went to bed after midnight and woke up with a tension headache. Wife was clattering dishes at 6am so I got up. I may have a smile in the last pic, but my head is roasting!

I got to admit, those look awesome and the yellow against the white looks really good. I was thinking of getting a pair myself and was looking at the multi-colored ones. I have a Firecracker Red Jeep, so the colors might look a little different against the body. Was curious about your thoughts on the one-color vs. the multi-colored ones?

Any other lessons learned - aside from getting plenty of clips beforehand!

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I got to admit, those look awesome and the yellow against the white looks really good. I was thinking of getting a pair myself and was looking at the multi-colored ones. I have a Firecracker Red Jeep, so the colors might look a little different against the body. Was curious about your thoughts on the one-color vs. the multi-colored ones?

Any other lessons learned - aside from getting plenty of clips beforehand!

Yes, get not only plenty of clips but two of those large wide headed push pins as they tend to not really be reusable.

I didn’t go with the multicoloured blue tooth ones mainly since most of the negative reviews were based on that failing. I just wanted a turn signal to be visible on the sides. On my last Jeep I had the oracle version which was bulky and went around the fender vent. The oracle version had the courtesy / puddle lights but I don’t really need that. Just a turn signal to show my intentions. So far a week later they both work. Hard to tell the longevity of these things since they all come out of china.

G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon, 2021 JLUR Diesel - On order
Occupation
Engineer
My personal reason for it is this: I don’t work for free. I don’t advertise for free. If the maker of an aftermarket part wants to give me a sticker, I will 100% consider placing it somewhere. However, that sticker is my choice. Making a design choice on a part that takes into account your individual company logo in a way that isn’t so subtle and has no function in the part and takes the choice to advertise away from me? Yea that’s a no from me unless said company wants to pay (which will never happen

Also, being old enough to remember, most manufacturers back in the day gave stickers and emblems because the parts were nondescript so you had to ask the owner or infer from the sticker what a certain part was.

This is also why I was very clear with my dealer that I would not accept any dealer stickers or emblems on my jeep. I told them I’d be happy to run a license plate frame from them and I did that until my custom plates came in. So about 6 months. That being said they were great to work with and anyone who asks I tell them where I got it and who my salesman was.

/end rant