First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Are those the 2.5 Shocks from JKS? First impressions, how do they ride?
Fox 2.5 Performance Elite which has the same parent company as JKS apparently.

Fox Shocks with MetalCloak springs first impressions: Controlled and planted, with a better damping feel than RockSports or stock by far. It’s like a heavy blacket was put over the dryer while it was bouncing and knocking. Smooths everything out.

Fox Shocks with JKS standard rate springs first impressions: Not quite bottomless suspension but better over all the bumps, and much more noticeable over the big hits. The articulation is great, if not as good as MetalCloak. I already lifted a tire on the very same ditch I used to test articulation before.

Interestingly, I pulled the RockSport steering stabilizer and put in the brand new OEM stabilizer I got as part of the recall. The idea being to sell it with the shocks. Man what a difference. The RockSport is a solid feel that is not upset in the slightest to bumps in the road, where the OEM stabilizer had the wheel shaking and shimmying like it wanted to start a death wobble. Seriously, if you haven't replaced yours do it!

I will not be spending the redunkulous money on Fox's matching stabilizer, but I might spray the RockSport black or pickup one from SteerSmarts to go with the other bits?

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Fox Shocks with MetalCloak springs first impressions: Controlled and planted, with a better damping feel than RockSports or stock by far. It’s like a heavy blacket was put over the dryer while it was bouncing and knocking. Smooths everything out.

Fox Shocks with JKS standard rate springs first impressions: Not quite bottomless suspension but better over all the bumps, and much more noticeable over the big hits. The articulation is great, if not as good as MetalCloak. I already lifted a tire on the very same ditch I used to test articulation before.

Interestingly, I pulled the RockSport steering stabilizer and put in the brand new OEM stabilizer I got as part of the recall. The idea being to sell it with the shocks. Man what a difference. The RockSport is a solid feel that is not upset in the slightest to bumps in the road, where the OEM stabilizer had the wheel shaking and shimmying like it wanted to start a death wobble. Seriously, if you haven't replaced yours do it!

I will not be spending the redunkulous money on Fox's matching stabilizer, but I might spray the RockSport black or pickup one from SteerSmarts to go with the other bits?
Sounds like you have an issue to resolve if you are experiencing wheel shake. Ideally you should completely remove the steering stabilizer and fix the suspension wobble, then it wont matter what stabilizer you use.

WaX

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Waiting...sounds like would be a good time for bourbon.
yea but with out the reward of putting new parts on the jeep makes it less enjoyable LOL

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That won’t be an issue. 1 bolt on each light and they can be removed.
Except, of course, when rock crawling at night and you need to back up. And yes, my wife has discovered that rock crawling at night is a blast.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Sounds like you have an issue to resolve if you are experiencing wheel shake. Ideally you should completely remove the steering stabilizer and fix the suspension wobble, then it wont matter what stabilizer you use.

WaX
Funny, I thought the same.

So I drove the same pot hole ridden road without the stabilizer and all was fine. Very light steering feel but no weird jitter.

🤷‍♂️

All the SteerSmart bits are tight and the wheels were balanced after Moab.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

I don't disagree with @DWaX.
But, just throwing out the AEV Bilstein damper as an option. I believe it's one of the stiffer options and pretty cost effective. The SS just masks some issues, would try to minimize those first, tighten ball joints, etc.

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
I installed and wired up the Baja Design XL 80’s with motobilt a pillar mounts to the factory aux switch! I kind of wish the lights sat a little bit lower/closer to the hood, anyone have any recommendations on other a-pillar mounts that aren’t gawdy?

7FA4278A-8B9F-4D32-AF90-985EE97F4769.jpeg

376CB668-71AF-4654-905B-1D2FAB501BEF.jpeg

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I installed and wired up the Baja Design XL 80’s with motobilt a pillar mounts to the factory aux switch! I kind of wish the lights sat a little bit lower/closer to the hood, anyone have any recommendations on other a-pillar mounts that aren’t gawdy?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 376CB668-71AF-4654-905B-1D2FAB501BEF

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 376CB668-71AF-4654-905B-1D2FAB501BEF
I have the rough country A-pillar mount (PN# 70047) which may be discontinued. It is very low profile under my Baja Design Squadron Pro's.

Although it looks like you can still get them in this kit, but I would highly recommend you puts the lights that come with it directly in the garbage!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screenshot 2022-11-10 000803

WaX

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screenshot 2022-11-10 000803

I used the Mopar pillar mounts on my Gladiator i like the low profile

D82E62F6-239A-4335-8F00-7128BD1579DA.jpeg

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I think you need to consider the direction/aim you plan for those lights. I use them for ditch lights. If you are shooting over the hood, a higher profile might be desired.