G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon, 2021 JLUR Diesel - On order
Occupation
Engineer
Is it worth doing?
in my opinion, absolutely. I was so used to having one in all of my other vehicles (just from the shape of the floors/walls) that I instinctively put my foot there expecting resistance when I got my jeep and being surprised that nothing was there. Got the quadratec one and I can’t imagine not having it. Definitely eases hip strain and gives you a good place to help readjust on long drives.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Hydro dip painted wood interior completed!

2A34F46E-AC6C-4A00-BEFC-F36704EDF227.jpeg

B86DDB8E-96A1-4997-802E-56FD74FE5C90.jpeg

56EF2E2C-1C9F-4232-860B-587266778CE9.jpeg

1140EAAA-A246-43BB-B7EC-A8A46EE44A26.jpeg
That's retro nice.

Now you just need to match the outside.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screenshot_20221103_104713

What is that on your left vent?

Last edited:

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? AAD12F1B-1298-4E16-A352-1C3F62E7E85C
Got some rubicon wheels and tires put on. The plan is to try to stick to functional upgrades. I like the slightly increased stock look. Can anyone recommend functional/convenience upgrades? Only thing I really see myself doing soon is Oracle bumper reverse lights and a 3rd taillight relocation. Possibly extend the dif and transfer case breather tubes when i decide to get around to that.
I installed the Oracle bumper reverse lights and it is a night and day difference. I am really happy with them. For ease of installation, I got the plug adapter thing so I wouldn't have to mess with the taps. I ended up having to take off the rear bumper and it was a royal pain.

If you have the plastic bumper (looks like you do), then you will need a flow-through socket set like this. https://www.harborfreight.com/sae-metric-go-thru-socket-set-21-piece-62305.html

There are some videos online, but the ones I saw had the heads of the bolts facing the front of the vehicle and they could be removed like a standard bolt. On my jeep (23 rubi 4xe) the bolts face the other direction, with the threads and nut facing the front and it was a beast getting them off. The threads are crazy long and the two top ones just about touch the body panel. You won't be able to get a short socket on there since the threads are so long and you won't be able to fit an extended socket and wrench on there either. There is so little real estate there.

The flow-through socket set was a lifesaver in getting the bumper nuts off. Once I got the bumper removed the rest of the installation was easy.

You may want to install some (rear) mud flaps at the same time since you will be working in the same area. I installed the weathertech ones. I had installed them first and then had to remove them to get the bumper off, so I could install the Oracle lights, etc. Seems like most folks focus on the front mud flaps to protect the hinges and body from rocks and stuff. I put on fronts and rears.

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Oh man I didn’t even think of hood struts that’s a great idea
x2 on the hood struts. Very easy to install, just take your time and they are really nice. I got the redline ones.

I also got the Tuxmats as well. I REALLY like the tuxmats. I was looking at those or the Armorlites; rented a Jeep 4xe in Hawaii that had the Armorlites in there and they are very nice. Pretty big difference in price, but they are both very nice products. I like the look of the tuxmats, kind of has that fabric look to them, but have a rubbery feel and durability. They might go nice with your Sahara, they fit my 4xe like they it was born there.

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Finally got around to installing my 1up bike rack in prep for a road trip coming up to warmer climes. Got this to haul 2 electric bikes around. Can't say enough about the build on this thing, it's a machine! Built for the long haul.

IMG_1232.jpeg

IMG_1228.jpeg

IMG_1227.jpeg

IMG_1225.jpeg

Pweter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara
I installed the Oracle bumper reverse lights and it is a night and day difference. I am really happy with them. For ease of installation, I got the plug adapter thing so I wouldn't have to mess with the taps. I ended up having to take off the rear bumper and it was a royal pain.

If you have the plastic bumper (looks like you do), then you will need a flow-through socket set like this. https://www.harborfreight.com/sae-metric-go-thru-socket-set-21-piece-62305.html

There are some videos online, but the ones I saw had the heads of the bolts facing the front of the vehicle and they could be removed like a standard bolt. On my jeep (23 rubi 4xe) the bolts face the other direction, with the threads and nut facing the front and it was a beast getting them off. The threads are crazy long and the two top ones just about touch the body panel. You won't be able to get a short socket on there since the threads are so long and you won't be able to fit an extended socket and wrench on there either. There is so little real estate there.

The flow-through socket set was a lifesaver in getting the bumper nuts off. Once I got the bumper removed the rest of the installation was easy.

You may want to install some (rear) mud flaps at the same time since you will be working in the same area. I installed the weathertech ones. I had installed them first and then had to remove them to get the bumper off, so I could install the Oracle lights, etc. Seems like most folks focus on the front mud flaps to protect the hinges and body from rocks and stuff. I put on fronts and rears.
This is a huge help. I’d definitely order it with the taillight harness to just save some headache. Only thing holding me back is having to take off the bumper. Not insanely difficult but I’d rather avoid that headache too. I saw a video of someone using a wobbly socket to get to reflectors without having to remove the bumper but I also haven’t taken a look up there to see if that’s any easier than just popping off the bumper.

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
Finally got around to installing my 1up bike rack in prep for a road trip coming up to warmer climes. Got this to haul 2 electric bikes around. Can't say enough about the build on this thing, it's a machine! Built for the long haul.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2176.MOV
You won't be worrying about red light cameras and speeding cameras with that setup.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
have you looked at the HD springs? I went with a heavy spring rate from JKS when i lifted the jeep. went from 1" sag to 3/8" with the RTT and steel rear bumper with tire carrier and 35's
I will take a look into those, thanks! I am not really wanting lift since I can barely fit in the garage (almost 8' already with tent / rack) and most aftermarket springs assume lift is desired. Also, I take the roof top tent off so I don't want a crazy rake or harsh ride going with it off.