What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Mine either rests in the slot between the cup holders or in the large center console. By mounting it in this fashion my assumption was to use it and be able to see the screen which is why I was asking. Everything needed while driving is on the big screen and or voice controlled so easily.
Mine doesn't feel secure in the cup holder slot and I don't like it so close to a cold condensating drink. If I put it in the center console I'll forget it when I get out. So for me, I just want a magnetic mount to hold the phone, not that I need to use/see it for anything. It really does integrate very well with the stereo either through Android Auto or bluetooth.

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
wheels went on!

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Mine doesn't feel secure in the cup holder slot and I don't like it so close to a cold condensating drink. If I put it in the center console I'll forget it when I get out. So for me, I just want a magnetic mount to hold the phone, not that I need to use/see it for anything. It really does integrate very well with the stereo either through Android Auto or bluetooth.
Makes sense. I was just curious and figured somebody may have a reason that would have me heading out to Ram mounts site.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Why use a phone mount? I had thought about it but after I plug my phone in and use Android Auto I don't see the need. I just plug it in my center console and let it sit in there where as anything I would need is on the big screen. This is one of the features I love about the JL is the integration with your phone to keep us from being distracted drivers.
Android, yeah you wouldn’t need it. But for those of us lucky folks who are stuck with the great Apple Maps need the mount to use either Waze or Google maps on our phones.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Android, yeah you wouldn’t need it. But for those of us lucky folks who are stuck with the great Apple Maps need the mount to use either Waze or Google maps on our phones.
:cwl: OK then I am not missing anything! Good to know :like:

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Added the “1941” Hood Decal and 17” Method Roosts with Rubi takeoffs thanks to @texasbryan I’m fixing to put them to good use!

A08FF008-B349-4458-95D3-79D9D617862A.jpeg

8B1EA67A-2B04-400C-9931-8545B7653644.jpeg

93E431D7-933F-491B-ABC4-7685DFEBBB89.jpeg
Love the hood decal and those rims look great!

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Thanks for the info...

So you PlastiDipped the area where the headliners would go, then prepped where the 3M adhesive strips go? Is that much more work, or was it easy to just peel off the section where the strips go.

Also, did you PlastiDip over the Assasin strips once they were applied?

Was the second coat only needed because of the Clear Coat snafu?

The process went something like this:

-Removed and inverted Hard Top.
-Masked windows, foam, electrical & washer fluid connectors, and rear window.
-Fitted Hotheads to determine what areas to actually PlastiDip.
-Removed Hothead panels, then fitted, trimmed & installed Sound Assassin strips. (Keep ALL pieces of strips; you'll need the scraps to piece together the last section.)
-PlastiDipped the sections of the top not covered by the panels. (Let dry 30 mins if adding an additional coat or 4 hours if finished applying.)
-Installed Hothead panels per instructions; cleaned each area where the 3M adhesive tape would go with sand paper, vacuum, and acetone.
-Let Hard Top sit overnight to air out so the fumes wouldn't get trapped in the Jeep.
-Reinstalled Hard Top.

The actual installation of the panels was pretty straightforward. Like anything with permanent adhesive, it's a case of practice twice, install once. You don't want to try and adjust the strips/panels after they've made good contact with the top.

Correct, the second coat was only needed because of the clear coat debacle. Remember, the PlastiDip is soft, so it can scratch or rub off easier that paint so two coats might be preferable.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
The process went something like this:

-Removed and inverted Hard Top.
-Masked windows, foam, electrical & washer fluid connectors, and rear window.
-Fitted Hotheads to determine what areas to actually PlastiDip.
-Removed Hothead panels, then fitted, trimmed & installed Sound Assassin strips. (Keep ALL pieces of strips; you'll need the scraps to piece together the last section.)
-PlastiDipped the sections of the top not covered by the panels. (Let dry 30 mins if adding an additional coat or 4 hours if finished applying.)
-Installed Hothead panels per instructions; cleaned each area where the 3M adhesive tape would go with sand paper, vacuum, and acetone.
-Let Hard Top sit overnight to air out so the fumes wouldn't get trapped in the Jeep.
-Reinstalled Hard Top.

The actual installation of the panels was pretty straightforward. Like anything with permanent adhesive, it's a case of practice twice, install once. You don't want to try and adjust the strips/panels after they've made good contact with the top.

Correct, the second coat was only needed because of the clear coat debacle. Remember, the PlastiDip is soft, so it can scratch or rub off easier that paint so two coats might be preferable.
Thanks for the detailed write up!