What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
Installed LED headlight bulbs. As many have said it's a very simple task but of course I had to turn it into a half day job. To get the grill off I had to remove the winch mounting bolts so the winch could slide forward enough to pull the grill off. I cleaned all the dirt and bugs out of the cooler since I had access to it. With the grill off I cleaned up the routing of the winch cables and fog light wiring. When putting the winch bolts back in I cross threaded one and had to replace the bolt and nut.

When it was all back together I noticed that on the right head light the little fitting where you put a screwdriver or allen wrench in to adjust the head light was missing. I looked for it in my work are but couldn't find it. I've decided it wasn't installed at the factory. The one on the left head light is
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? left
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? right
in very securely and can't be pulled out. It has to be in tight so the gears turn to adjust the light and the fitting doesn't just spin when making adjustments. I've looked for just the adjustment fitting and can't find one. I still need to call Jeep and may try a salvage yard for a complete assemble to cannabilize from.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Installed LED headlight bulbs.

When it was all back together I noticed that on the right head light the little fitting where you put a screwdriver or allen wrench in to adjust the head light was missing.
If oncoming motorists flash their headlights at you due to incorrect aim of the pax-side headlight, there is a possible fix here in the absence of the adjuster:

-Aim your headlights at a wall that you're parked maybe 20' away from, and place a piece of masking tape on the top of the beam cutoff of the driver's side light. Mark the center of the beam with a vertical line on the tape.
-Remove the grille again. (I know :()
-Loosen and/or adjust the three 10mm bolts that secure the right headlight in place on the vehicle. Have a few washers on hand to use as shims so that when the centered cutoff of the right headlight now matches the correct cutoff of the left light, the bolts may be tightened (with any necessary washer shims already installed) to secure the DIY adjustment in place.

I know the foregoing sounds a bit busy, but it's straightforward and should work. More to the point, we do have a responsibility to other drivers to not blind them with maladjusted headlights. 👍

--------------------

I make occasional visits to a local U-Pull-It yard. If or when I find a JL that I want to cherry pick, and if I remember, I'll determine if I can snag an adjuster fitting for you.

Southers313

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You're right, James. I'm holding out for now, but dang, rarely does an aftermarket product come out in Gen 1 fashion that hits the OEM look right out of the gate. Oracle did a fantastic job on these. I will probably cave soon, especially since I don't have the Safety Group sensors that the bulky parts of the taillights are for. I will say, the OEM lights are distinctive from the rear from all others out there, so that is part of the reason I've held off. Sigh...First World issues...
I love the shape of the OEM lights - which is exactly why I have opted for the @Quake LED blackout taillights on each of my last two builds.

OG Shark

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubi
Swapped out the painted grill for the satin black grill. 50/50 on it right now. I have bumpers coming that I need to have powder coated & plan to match the black of the new grill - think it will look better like that. Trying to knock out some cosmetic stuff before the fun stuff gets here.

001(1).jpg

001(2).jpg

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Well I added some pre runner lights today. Wired to turn on all the time the car is on. Next mod won’t be for a week.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5A1ECE56-3B97-4EC6-91A1-7CBC562DD27F

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5A1ECE56-3B97-4EC6-91A1-7CBC562DD27F
Nice, CaliGuy! I have those and love them, too. Great look on yours.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Added a black grill and changed my nerf side steps for some Rubi rails. Thanks @JeepVet74 for the rails. I have to say that black grill makes the flag insert and headlights stand out.

I have the same lights but without the halo. How do you like the cut off for the lights?

Jtaugner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURD / 03 Cobra
Build Thread
Link
There are now just enough forum photos of Jeeps with the Oracle flush mount LEDs installed that they're starting to look correct on our Wranglers. 👍 This has the effect of making the OEM tail lights appear more bloated than they already are.
You're right, James. I'm holding out for now, but dang, rarely does an aftermarket product come out in Gen 1 fashion that hits the OEM look right out of the gate. Oracle did a fantastic job on these. I will probably cave soon, especially since I don't have the Safety Group sensors that the bulky parts of the taillights are for. I will say, the OEM lights are distinctive from the rear from all others out there, so that is part of the reason I've held off. Sigh...First World issues...
I only had the halogen's, and even they looked extremely bulbous. I couldn't stand how far they stood out. I definitely understand it's the nostalgia of the older Jeeps, but I feel they went a little excessive on the taillights.

I wish I would of paid more attention to the directions, I assumed the plastic covers inside the Jeep had to come off, as most manufacturers do. Of course in doing so I broke a plastic retaining clip that didn't have to come off as there's just a giant long plastic screw that holds that taillights in-place.

Ponce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Retired USMC. Currently USMC pilot instructor
Pulled the top back stuck the tube doors on & CMM mirrors on weather is getting better in Texas.

88ABB518-3F50-436C-AEF5-AA0E9F61ADC1.jpeg
What doors are those?

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
I hope your not using the hand brush! I used it once on my Ram and it left scratches in the paint.
Nooo! Just the spray gun. I air dry on the way home. Then use Turtle Wax ceramic spray coating with a microfiber towel.