What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Finally install the EZTop Freedom hinges. I had to modify them to work around my sunroofs and then I had them painted when I had my snorkel painted. I’m quite happy with them

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 560BAF32-EE07-46AF-85FB-1C1A24499164
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 560BAF32-EE07-46AF-85FB-1C1A24499164
Do these lock down? How do you keep them from destroying themselves against the top of the Wrangler?

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Do these lock down? How do you keep them from destroying themselves against the top of the Wrangler?
there are rubber pads between the freedom panels and the hardtop to cushion them, they also have latches all the way in the rear to hold them down. I took a drive in some bumpy roads and highways and brought it up to about 76mph. No additional noise, no bouncing, don’t even realize they’re up there.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It does sound like you need a new battery in your fob. By pressing the fob to the start button you are actually using a different mechanism to do the wireless communication, one that doesn't rely on the battery.
It worked!!! 🤓

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
35s are in. 315/70/17 BFG KO2 - Load range C
Tailgate reinforcement and relocation bracket. (Lantsun - a.l.a. mopar)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220921_192210_edit

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220921_192256

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My Tuffy lockbox rattles like crazy on this mornings drive. Wanted to return the darn thing. I found a thread on this forum that had some very good fixes.. got rid of the spacers that the install guide tells you to use and mounted directly to the tailgate without the plastic trim. Also put on some marine grade weather stripping around it. Silent as can be.

I also fixed my RSE power side step sliders. My driver side step wiggled a bit and I installed a spacer supplies by the manufacturer and it’s as solid as a rock now!
I also ended up taking out, bending inward, and reinstalling the internal latch arms attached to the locks - this helped snug up the door against the box. That was my last rattle. It was a bit fiddly though - too much and you could close/lock the door so it took a few tries.

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Right when I thought all the excitement was over, mailman comes with a giant box on his shoulders.

ended up installing my Tuffy tailgate lockbox. Thinking of getting some form fit foam and cutting to shape for an ar15 back there. What do you think?

I think that would be a great idea. An AR pistol,a couple of extra mags,secured with Velcro straps,on some sort of removable base.Should be some room for a few extras beside that. I like it.Post pictures when finished.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Right when I thought all the excitement was over, mailman comes with a giant box on his shoulders.

ended up installing my Tuffy tailgate lockbox. Thinking of getting some form fit foam and cutting to shape for an ar15 back there. What do you think?

468D62A7-4081-45F9-AFD8-EFD960BA7459.jpeg

75ACD327-9391-4B26-8F65-3625F5B45260.jpeg
Something like this may fit in there too. Not sure if the dimensions of the box will handle it. They have a single-rifle model too that's even smaller.

https://bigskyracks.com/shop/sporting/bsr-2/

I used one on the underside of my Tuffy Enclosure. It's pretty low profile.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6386

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6387

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Good suggestion. For some reason we do have a deductible for this and it's basically the price of the windshield. I'm debating wether or not leave it and just replace the windshield when it comes time to sell it. Probably sometime next year.
If it isn't a bad chip, I'd just keep driving with it. If you do need to replace, I would suggest putting a film onto it. I put on this DIY one: https://www.grab-gard.com/products/jeep-wrangler-windshield?variant=39530579525714

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Did my bi-yearly cleaning and fabric guard application to my Bestop Sunrider fo Hardtop JL/JT.

Also did Aux battery & Main battery replacement on a local guys JT.. Ka ching..

Two different Bestop reps ... that have been with Bestop for many years, when I talked to them.... both recommended this 303 product for cleaning the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop (or a convertible top) over the Bestop offering.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0185PU376/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They both, also recommended I periodically treat my SR (or a soft top) with this 303 product:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG3OHVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did take their advice! .... and use both products.

In regard to the 303 Fabric guard:
NO, you do not wipe it on the Sunrider. Read the directions on the bottle. Don't saturate as multiple light coats are best.

Supposedly, it is best applied in the full Sun and with outside temperature of 70 degrees or higher.
You need to let the fabric guard dry for 12-24 hrs.

Careful ... Do cover all surrounding areas as the over spray of the product will be difficult to remove from paint, window glass, plastics, etc.