ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Got a bath then time to take it off! Doors off, top off (ish—since I may need it for the last minute monsoons that may still pass), sunrider installed. Ready for fall!

CA236B99-76F1-455B-9123-3985AF9A72E1.jpeg
Jelly, Kristy! Still a bit too hot/humid over here in South Texas, but pretty close to being able to take the top off for extended periods. With the cab cover I got from Quadratec last year that gives me the flexibility to go to work naked (so to speak) and not worry about errant showers during the day, that has been a super addition to my growing Jeep accessories collection...

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
I installed the D&C Designs Lucid VSL side lights today. The hardest part was getting to the turn signal wire in the passenger front wheel well; otherwise pretty straight forward. I haven't seen them at night yet, but the write-ups from others show them to be very bright. These don't come cheap, but the quality and paint match were very good. I wired each to a different AUX button so I can turn them on/off individually. You can also see I used Hyper-Dip to coat my whip antenna, and bought body colored mirror backs from Distinction Applied; everything turned out nice :like:

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

Links:
DandCDesigns | Jeep Aftermarket lighting | LED Light | Off-road
HOME | Distinction Applied
Aaaaaaaaagh! Dammit, this thread is killing me, Smalls! There are too many awesome ideas and upgrades for me (and my pocketbook) to keep up with. Something else added to the Christmas wish list. My wife is going to love me even more! 😆 Thanks, John. A lot...

Deleted member 59498

Lost my first windshield on my 22, does that count? Rock hit very bottom corner then it came up 4 inches above dash and shot across to the passenger side. Probably last until spring since Winter is so hard on them anyway.

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Ended up having to create my own tool to get to the bottom bumper nut.

then I installed my whip flag getting ready for pismo beach in a few weeks. Only need a proper orange or red flag now.

oh and my new wheels came in, tires supposed to arrive this weekend with instal planned on Tuesday along with my new tierod and drag link.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Killing me smalls

That looks fantastic! Haven't seen blacking out the door pillars like that on a hard top. That looks sweet with the red top! I've seen it done with a soft top which is what I will do at some point. What did you use? Paint? Vynal wrap? P.S. the Black Rhino rims are sweet.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
That looks fantastic! Haven't seen blacking out the door pillars like that on a hard top. That looks sweet with the red top! I've seen it done with a soft top which is what I will do at some point. What did you use? Paint? Vynal wrap? P.S. the Black Rhino rims are sweet.
Just vinyl wrap. Glad you like it, I’m still not sure about it

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Aaaaaaaaagh! Dammit, this thread is killing me, Smalls! There are too many awesome ideas and upgrades for me (and my pocketbook) to keep up with.
Will someone please hide Matt's pocketbook from him? 😁

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Jelly, Kristy! Still a bit too hot/humid over here in South Texas, but pretty close to being able to take the top off for extended periods. With the cab cover I got from Quadratec last year that gives me the flexibility to go to work naked (so to speak) and not worry about errant showers during the day, that has been a super addition to my growing Jeep accessories collection...
Awwww….my old stomping grounds. Say hi to South Texas for me. I’m very familiar with that sept heat and humidity. Haha. Don’t miss that part of Texas. Hopefully it’ll start cooling off a bit. That can cover looks pretty awesome. Those are super handy to have to throw on if needed. The collection of jeep accessories never ends. Lol

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the front Rockjock antirock a few days ago, I have to say being lazy and not having to disconnect even cotter pins is nice lol. On road ride is improved as well, soaks up bumps and uneven road since it acts like it’s disconnected. Just a teensy more body roll on the interstate but no problem driving normally at 70-75mph, still less body roll than my first gen explorer so it passes my litmus test.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Install flashlight mount to my olight warrior with magnetic charger.

quick question, does anyone know what these parts are for? I have found two so far…?

4E21DC03-F741-49B1-9668-69ABBF3F10E3.jpeg

FAA4C5D6-F9BF-400C-A97A-C5A813B4CF2A.jpeg

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Installed a 5lb Amerex B402 3A:40BC extinguisher on Rugged Ridge mount using hose clamps instead of the velcro straps.

I know some folks favor the ultra-compact Element or 2.5lb extinguishers, but my perspective is if you need a fire extinguisher -- well then you NEED a fire extinguisher to put the f*king fire out and you want the biggest hammer for the job.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1663439608425

JKWMD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon; 2021 JLU Sahara

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Got the 2 screw visor clips from TACCOM, to replace the single screw version. First thing I was surprised was that the 2 screw version plates were metal and not delrin 👍

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 32BA2DD7-79BA-4C0B-BFF8-C6F7259F67FF

easy Install:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 51552A50-23DA-40E1-B472-8B645C721FB1

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? D71C145C-B715-4670-8AF6-0FC1CE9989AC