Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Maximus-3 tow loops front and rear installed. Fronts are a absolute nightmare.

for anyone attempting this mod, don’t stress too much about your hole or cuts, there is some play room involved. If anyone has done this mod and knows how to get to the bottom stud on the bumper please share. Box wrench can’t reach, shall socket gets stuck on the stud and/or bottoms out. Deep socket is blocked by the hook.

B4AF1CA9-ED04-426A-9005-43583BBE2FBF.jpeg

5EF19FFB-0A24-400E-9BA9-FD0370A25A9E.jpeg
Do you actually own the Rplate or do you return it when the subscription is up?

bmwbutch

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
I installed the D&C Designs Lucid VSL side lights today. The hardest part was getting to the turn signal wire in the passenger front wheel well; otherwise pretty straight forward. I haven't seen them at night yet, but the write-ups from others show them to be very bright. These don't come cheap, but the quality and paint match were very good. I wired each to a different AUX button so I can turn them on/off individually. You can also see I used Hyper-Dip to coat my whip antenna, and bought body colored mirror backs from Distinction Applied; everything turned out nice :like:

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

Links:
DandCDesigns | Jeep Aftermarket lighting | LED Light | Off-road
HOME | Distinction Applied
Glad you like them, but for $550 think I'll pass. Plus don't like they stamped their name on them.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Looking at this bracket also, you can choose the diesel. With that option it still didn't fit? Can you elaborate? Thanks
There was no diesel option when I purchased, just one bracket. Maybe they took my feedback and didn’t feel like responding.🤷‍♂️ Good luck!

JKWMD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon; 2021 JLU Sahara
Glad you like them, but for $550 think I'll pass. Plus don't like they stamped their name on them.
I agree, would've preferred them without the name, but at least it's fairly subtle. Yes, they are expensive; I used a code to get 10% off, but still pricey.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Do you actually own the Rplate or do you return it when the subscription is up?
I own it, bought it with one year subscription for $500 a year ago. My subscription is expired, I haven’t renewed and I can still use it.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
In other news. I installed my rugged ridge snorkel this morning and picked up my freedom top hinges from the body shop. Those will be installed tomorrow l.

I was able to use the voswitch and the snorkel by removing the voswitch off the mount and sliding it down the side. Not ideal but let’s me have both.

F23C144C-EDFD-45F8-AEFC-9E468EBC7E59.jpeg

EC622C27-C469-44DF-A53F-B6B96B271203.jpeg

91A2CDAF-2C6E-45AB-974A-367841098645.jpeg

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Looking at this bracket also, you can choose the diesel. With that option it still didn't fit? Can you elaborate? Thanks
Just got a hold of Carter there, he said my issue is being corrected now. I’m not the only one who got one before there was a separate diesel option so they’re doing swaps. You should be good now!

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
So it's basically a tracking device... I have mixed feelings about this.
I'll go one step further than "mixed feelings"..... hell no! The "trip and mileage tracking" is what does it for me. Some sates are pushing to tax people based on how far they drive, and this is how that starts, by giving them the capability to do so!

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I'll go one step further than "mixed feelings"..... hell no! The "trip and mileage tracking" is what does it for me. Some sates are pushing to tax people based on how far they drive, and this is how that starts, by giving them the capability to do so!
100%. It won't be long until these are mandated, so keep your old plates as long as you can!!
In other news, I vacuumed out all the sand from the beach 2 weeks ago. Washed off all the bugs. Better late than never, I'll have to get a pic.

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Fascinating. I can just see so many misuses of this initiative... Will be interesting to see where we go from here, but most likely will be adopted quickly across other states to save manufacturing of actual plates cost, but still bring in revenue for the state...