What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Craniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU
I’d like more information on these, where did you get the usb ports, where did you tap into a power source?
Didn’t take any pictures of the install.
Got the USB ports from Amazon. They are flat mount. Require one hole for wires and two holes for the screws.
My mirror is just a mirror. No electronics. When you pull the center panel, there is a connector attached to the air bag light. It has both a switched and constant 12 volt source. Also a ground. The wires were there, just not hooked up to anything. If you have a fancy mirror, the wires may be used.
I used vampire taps (I hate them but they are easy) on the Jeep wiring harness and ran the wires to the USB ports.
Around the mirror is a small trim piece. I figured if I messed it up, it wouldn’t be too expensive to replace. I had to remove the mirror to get that panel loose. Easy to remove mirror ( I found a video on line). I carefully marked where the hole would go and used a drill press for accuracy. Put it all together.
Tested everything and it all worked. Put it all together and no power to the ports. Pulled it back out, pulled on the wires in the vampire taps and it had power. Did I say I hate vampire taps?

cgkades

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1997 XJ
Build Thread
Link
Installed my Agency6 L-Shaped Roof Locks to replace the ugly, factory black plastic ones. I've had my eye on these for a while - they're super cool, but a little pricey. Thanks to their Labor Day sale scored a set of 6 from their garage sale page for less than half price. They look and feel great. This is the third A6 product I've picked up (no affiliation) and each one is well made, sturdy and beautiful. Great enough stuff to fly their flag on the outside. Happy Labor Day.
IMG_3130.jpeg
Those look awesome. And holy cow, that's some instagram ad prices for their stuff.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Installed my Tazer... much bigger pain in the ass than I thought... you need small hands
Get the extension adapter cord. Then you can easily uninstall/install your Tazer without having to painfully reach up to the almost inaccessible sockets.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Blessed my JL with another Threedom fob today.. It's a Model M .. It's about the size of my thumb..
20220907_123906.jpg
I'm getting used to the size of the OEM one except for the switchblade action always occurring in my pocket! I'm afraid now I might lose a reasonably sized FOB. :LOL:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm getting used to the size of the OEM one except for the switchblade action always occurring in my pocket! I'm afraid now I might lose a reasonably sized FOB. :LOL:
@dragoneggs

It's easy to de-tension the factory Fob's spring. De-tension and no more unwanted key deployments.

... And then just use one of these to tote your factory fob around with..

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Travel Keyfob

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Dang it, John! Just went to Agency6 website and bought a set.
Also just bought a set, but by using a Couponbirds digital coupon code (15NOW) and getting them from their "Garage sale" area of slightly marked ones it took the price from the $199 MSRP/$149 actual/$100 "garage sale" price to $85 with free shipping. Bonus! I'm all about saving money on not-really-needed-in-the-first-place-but-too-cool-to-pass-up items. 😄

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Also just bought a set, but by using a Couponbirds digital coupon code (15NOW) and getting them from their "Garage sale" area of slightly marked ones it took the price from the $199 MSRP/$149 actual/$100 "garage sale" price to $85 with free shipping. Bonus! I'm all about saving money on not-really-needed-in-the-first-place-but-too-cool-to-pass-up items. 😄
Dang... you done good. I paid $149 minus 10% and free shipping and no tax. But mine will be more pristine... or at least it better be! 😜

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
@dragoneggs

It's easy to de-tension the factory Fob's spring. De-tension and no more unwanted key deployments.

... And then just use one of these to tote your factory fob around with..

I don’t know about you folks, but I actually wouldn’t mind having a suitcase that looks like that! :LOL: 👍

BillyBaroo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
We had not rain here all summer till the past two weeks and now everything looks like it is spring. The bugs have come out like it is spring as well. After taking an hour drive, I had to spend 45 minutes cleaning the bugs off my front end. Oh well, had to do it, the Jeep is brand new...!

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I finally completed a mod I've been working on since around 1985. I can't really test it until the plutonium I ordered through Amazon shows up (wasn't eligible for Prime shipping).

I really want to get one of these and mount it behind the armrest in the back seat so that it's only visible when folded down.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I wasn't sure whether to like or hate this post. I saw these on Amazon for $199. I was thinking what for I never look up there, doesn't work any better, does look cool though. At $199 plus CA tax, easy pass. Then on sale for $149, added to the cart almost checked out but restrained. Then this post, plugged in the coupon, -$22 and checked out. The addiction is real.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
I wasn't sure whether to like or hate this post. I saw these on Amazon for $199. I was thinking what for I never look up there, doesn't work any better, does look cool though. At $199 plus CA tax, easy pass. Then on sale for $149, added to the cart almost checked out but restrained. Then this post, plugged in the coupon, -$22 and checked out. The addiction is real.
damn You, I missed that first post but read yours. I have some no name brand and was going to share it but then I realized I paid $112 after tax on Amazon, I decided to start the return on mine and order the agency 6 ones for $25 more.

TrapperJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler JL, 2020 Mercedes AMG E
Put on my 1/2 doors. Had 285/75/17 Toyo AT‘s installed. Painted the rear wheel with bronze gold Hydro-Dip to see how it would look on my Snazzberry 2-door JL. So far positive comments. Still undecided if I’ll do the rest or strip it. Got the steel grey to try another color On another wheel.