What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
I was chatting with the RSE reps at the 4 Wheel Parts Jeep show in Denver last week and mentioned that I didn't really understand the purpose of the LED light kit for their rock sliders, but that my wife would probably like it. He responded by giving me one for free! I didn't realize until later that it was a $70 option.

I finally installed them and they work well. Well, I'm thinking that my wife will appreciate them.
PXL_20220902_022007035.jpg

At that same show I won a $500 door prize! I spent a lot of last week trying to figure out what was left to add to my Jeep for $500 (it came pretty damn well built from AEV) and finally chose the JL-specific FullVUE rear camera mirror kit plus a chunk of the cost of a Factor 55 FlatLink E. Hopefully those will both be in and installed before or Rubicon Trail trip, but that's unlikely.
how long did the RSE steps take to install? Mine get delivered tomorrow.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

how long did the RSE steps take to install? Mine get delivered tomorrow.
I was having NVM aluminum skids and a MetalCloak roof rack installed by a local shop, so I just had them install the rock sliders too.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Installed flag pole mount and trail rated badge to my Chinese mopar replica reinforcement hinge. Flag pole and flag will live in cargo compartment and will just thread on to the first rod which is already in the flag pole mount. I had to buy short bolts to thread into the accessory holes but I’m happy with how it came out. I’ll post the entire flag pole all done up tomorrow

82186A0F-2A63-4A48-9424-236DFA8F3A5A.jpeg

RoccoV

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Installed flag pole mount and trail rated badge to my Chinese mopar replica reinforcement hinge. Flag pole and flag will live in cargo compartment and will just thread on to the first rod which is already in the flag pole mount. I had to buy short bolts to thread into the accessory holes but I’m happy with how it came out. I’ll post the entire flag pole all done up tomorrow

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 82186A0F-2A63-4A48-9424-236DFA8F3A5A
Where did you get the flag pole? Just install the hinge myself.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
It’s made from quite thick ballistic plastic which I feel is more sturdy than the thinner metal of the slipstream. Also remove the top deck and front leaf is super easy and quick if hauling large objects. The way it clamps under tension underneath the tub is genius and produces absolutely no rattling.
I'll agree with all that. I have had a couple issues with mine though. The black hex fasteners are rusting in the humidity. And the two clamps that lock the back leaf have shifted and gotten loose enough to rattle. I solved that by adding some weather stripping to the ledge the back leaf leans against. Though that could just be an issue of needing to reposition and tighten the screws on the clamp. Overall though I like it a lot better than the slipstream. It looks and feels sturdier, and it's easier to install.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
I was having NVM aluminum skids and a MetalCloak roof rack installed by a local shop, so I just had them install the rock sliders too.
well mine are out for delivery today. I decided to get a head start on removing my rubicon stock sliders while waiting for fedex to come. Easy enough.Decided to start removing the body bolts also. Goddaaaammmm these fuckers are on tight. I may need a new ratcheting break bar because some of the gears slipped.

the back four body bolts won’t exit the holes. They sit loosely at the but won’t release. Any trick to getting these out?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
well mine are out for delivery today. I decided to get a head start on removing my rubicon stock sliders while waiting for fedex to come. Easy enough.Decided to start removing the body bolts also. Goddaaaammmm these fuckers are on tight. I may need a new ratcheting break bar because some of the gears slipped.

the back four body bolts won’t exit the holes. They sit loosely at the but won’t release. Any trick to getting these out?
They have a factory keeper washer that you jut need put a box end wrench on the neck and tap the wrench hammer it will drop out

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Nothing terribly exciting. Changed the oil and installed a ValvoMax oil drain. It seems to be a quality piece. I’ve only ever used Fumoto valves on everything, but being made from brass and having a lever put the tiniest grain of concern in my head.

I know an impact to the drain plug is about as likely as being struck by lightning, but in the event it does happen, the stainless valve will be more likely to survive.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
I installed the Factory 55 flat splicer for my winch line super slick set up. Oh and my Next Venture Motorsports front bumper, my factory Rubicon fogs will not fit the bumper

E145F078-DC3F-4BDD-9749-A926EDD53C68.jpeg

8FB1C468-F002-49F0-86E5-AF429454FFE6.jpeg

90AA496D-0711-46CE-A2A2-2D3EAD28B8DE.jpeg

D5F35BD4-7C9C-491F-BAFD-26D8E321A3E5.jpeg