Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
what magic did you use to get it so clean in there? I just tried to get all the dust and dirt out today and gave up in defeat.
A bucket of straight water, a wool type wash mitt, and a small shop vacuum.

Actually....I’ve only put 6,600 miles on it since I bought it September 18th, 2021....so it’s not all that dirty.

I almost admitted defeat because it was getting hot out....but I have it in the garage now, in the shade.

Jimmy Vasser approves.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
drilled some holes in my Fishbone Offroad bin to add a molle panel. I'm still deciding on what to hang on there besides the first aid kit. Maybe a flashlight or a utility knife?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0395.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0396.JPG

Also added my Zombie Outbreak Response team decal to my shovel

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0397.JPG

akronz

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Yesterday, but it was cool to park next to a Tesla and plug-in!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F7CE917B-C927-4CE7-8C87-D9915388A6DB

Oh yeah also got the lift, wheels/tires, tint, and stubby antenna put on… inside I added 2 67D ball mounts one for the phone and one for the baby camera in the backseat.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
@SadRobot

A small (2”) paint brush, dipped and rinsed in water, also does great for those nooks and crannies. It collects the dust without flipping it elsewhere when wet.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ABB7B1D1-D0B1-49B2-B313-5906AE2D2DFE
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F6C6750A-613C-48A3-BCA5-9EA4FB446F21

johndan

First Name
Johndan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR (ordered and waiting…)
Ugh. Realized that the reason LOD didn't include a replacement crash bar was because I ordered the JK skid (which uses the stock crash bar) instead the JL skid (which includes a replacement crash bar; not sure why).

LOD Signature Series bumper, Warn VR-10S winch, and Factor 55 ProLink. Couldn't install the LOD skid b/c they forgot to include the crash bar.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C83B226C-D089-483A-90A5-BC89571C6463

gburchett

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 JLR, Sting-Gray, ‘15 Ford Fusion, ‘16 F450
I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

I installed the same unit a few months ago and I'm finding that if I get in and out of the car a few times in the space of an hour or so (eg going in a few shops, it often fails to connect - and won't connect again until the next day.

Very annoying 😕
So far after about a week into having the car2play installed. It has worked flawlessly. The only issue I have and can’t remember if it did it when I was using the USB cable is that when I put it in reverse and and the take it out, CarPlay screen comes up, if I had another screen like XM selected. Other than that no issues.

HushJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I finished adding some decals. The vent and side stripe decals are two-tone to match the 'Rubicon' factory hood decal. I mocked it up on computer then reached out to Don @pixeldecals and he came through. I'm quite pleased with the end result and took a few glamour shots after detailing the Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2022 Aug (4)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2022 Aug (5)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2022 Aug (9)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2022 Aug (14)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2022 Aug (15)

Applying the decals was a learning process and this is what worked best for me:

1) Clean area with glass cleaner or isopropyl alcohol;
1a) For the stripes, I used some masking tape as markers in a few areas so they'd be straight/level;
2) Use spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of Dawn dish soap;
3) Liberally spray area on jeep and back of decal;
4) Position decal (it slides around, add more water/soap spray if necessary);
5) Use @pixeldecals application tool (padded edge) to squeeze out water from centre to edges;
6) For body curves and some remaining bubbles, used an old hair dryer (or heat gun) while using application tool (don't overheat an area!);
7) I had a couple instances of a remaining bubble, used a pin/needle to poke a hole then hair dryer and application tool to squeeze out air.

There is an alternative method where you use tape and peel away half the decal backing, then the remaining side, etc. I think that probably works best for lettering like the 'Rubicon' hood decals. Just my experience so far.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Custom plates arrived this weekend. The Jeep on the plate matches my LJ!
💙IIIIIII💙
💛IIIIIII💛
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6062EBEC-8DEC-4B56-B24F-AFC075598846

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Undercoat of Fluidfilm...washed waxed and treated the plastic. Installed the new windshield wipers from mopar, and installed the supports for the visors because it felt like one was about to fall out.

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
@SadRobot

A small (2”) paint brush, dipped and rinsed in water, also does great for those nooks and crannies. It collects the dust without flipping it elsewhere when wet.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6062EBEC-8DEC-4B56-B24F-AFC075598846
I thought i was the only crazy person to use a damp paint brush to get the dust out of the vents and crannies! It's definitely the best tool for the job. Insane fist bump bro!