What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Can you share Links to the items referenced?
Check out the MP Concepts tailgate reinforcement kit. Exact match for Mopar. I have it on mine. Even ordered the Jeep Performance badge to make it look “official”.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3F310AA7-D3DC-4BCA-B145-F745425A421E

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I like the lights. Does the tire block allot of that light?
They were actually from the Zroadz spare tire LED kit. When I upgraded to 35s the bracket no longer fit. I put them to good use on the tailgate reinforcement. I actually have them on a bracket to extend them out a little bit away from the tire. They do a pretty good job at night, but I also have another light under the bumper too. My eyesight at night has gotten bad with age, so these help when in reverse in real dark areas.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Gave it a bath after the wheeling shenanigans yesterday. Discovered some fresh rock rash on a one wheel. Funny thing it’s the same one tgat got some rash last trip, passenger rear.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3F310AA7-D3DC-4BCA-B145-F745425A421E
Furthest wheel from driver/hardest to locate?🤷‍♂️

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Got rid of a clunk, and got my LCA skid to fit with my Clayton FAD skid.
I’ve been having a clunk when switching forward/reverse, couldn’t figure it out but assumed from either loose LCA bolts from the Rock Hard skids, or other control arm bolts from putting the spacer lift and geometry brackets on. Also tightened the drag link and tie rod ends, which I could grab and rotate a degree or two and make them clunk.
That’s normal “play” for those, right?

The bolt on the LCA skid went like a whole turn or more before hitting 190. And the upper frame bolts on the geometry brackets tightened a little as well. All others still in spec.

for the skid plates, I’m sad I didn’t do this sooner. Only took me ten mins to cut with the angle grinder.
The Rock Hard bolts are pretty long, so I had to notch the Clayton skid to make room for the bolt. Did that in place with a dremel.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E847DF8B-7381-487B-8655-D1728FFEBB24
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 824BB2B4-E942-42E9-AFCE-E45DE73285EB
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9DFE12A2-7992-4A55-AE2F-A3479549224F

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
Added covers fastened with security screws to sliding hard top windows.

Before and after:

KIMG0017_1.JPG

KIMG0022.JPG
While there is hardware for mounting stuff to the sliding window guard, I just realized my new solar panel could live there if I ever (and I know this is crazy) take a vacation. About $150 of Ego Nexus solar panel charger plus the $100 (100W 12V) solar panel added to the Ego Nexus inverter and 5 batteries could enable this nerd to go glamping in style. Will have to hook it all up and try when weather is more to my liking. Once the 12A 56V battery is available, I'll have no choice but to buy it.

Last edited:

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I never understood why people put the "It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand" stickers on their Jeeps. So WHAT is a "Jeep thing"? The fact that you are driving a Jeep? What is there to not understand? You are driving a Jeep. I understand it. It's as plain as day. There is nothing that says it won't be understood about your Jeep. Does driving a Jeep put you in some sort of niche auto group where outsiders wouldn’t “understand”? There are thousand of Jeeps on the road. You are not the only Jeep driver. My wife drives an Audi. Should she put a "it's an Audi thing...you wouldn't understand" sticker on her back windshield?

j/k man...lol. Just busting your balls. Nice looking Jeep!
I don’t understand. 🤔

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
yes please share the links when you get a chance! Here is the steering wheel

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9DFE12A2-7992-4A55-AE2F-A3479549224F

Nice! I threw in some extra items I thought might look good. I really like the door handle covers and the steering wheel covers (get rid of all the metal look).

With all of these, here is my experience in getting the best results. Use a heat gun on both the covers and the dash area. Add more double stick tape - get the really good "red" 3M and put it everywhere (link included below). Apply when there are several days of 70+ degree weather. For me the, shifter cover wasn't an exact fit because I have a manual and no one makes a manual cover. All the other pieces fit great so I assume this will too for an auto. It looks like the larger kit I bought is no longer available which included the shifter section but I am sure if you search around you can find one (I included the link anyway at the bottom). One item is an ebay item.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P18N76/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082HMC6MX/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082Y3Q9FW/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082HLXVYW/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZX7BVVK/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082HM959K/
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202574220072
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z7MFKCD/

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I loaded it up to go camping. Then unloaded it. For the life of me I can not find the 12volt power cord to my ARB fridge. Fuck. Amazon to the rescue.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Working on a great interior detailing currently.
Depending on the forecast....perhaps an exterior wash.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That darn dynomax muffler delete pipe was extremely short lived. Gives a nice rumble, but too loud for my dog’s ears. Poor guy had his ears back and nose dripping of stress. And since he’s my Jeep buddy…… Honestly, never even thought of that 🤷‍♂️ So since the keg was out, I took that opportunity to paint it with high heat black paint and reinstalled it. Virtually invisible now. I guess I’ll routinely sand and paint it every spring.
For what it’s worth, I painted mine with high temp rustoleum over three years ago and haven’t felt compelled to repaint it since. It might not be quite as black, but it there’s a good chance you won’t have to sand and repaint.

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Working on a great interior detailing currently.
Depending on the forecast....perhaps an exterior wash.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image
what magic did you use to get it so clean in there? I just tried to get all the dust and dirt out today and gave up in defeat.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
For what it’s worth, I painted mine with high temp rustoleum over three years ago and haven’t felt compelled to repaint it since. It might not be quite as black, but it there’s a good chance you won’t have to sand and repaint.
Hey that’d be great 👍