First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Added a Synergy rear TB riser bracket. My MC 2.5” lift did not come with one. This gets the TB up with the new roll center and the jeep def has less lean cornering now.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
How is made?
You basically put battery cells in series to get from 3.XV to 13.X, slap a microcontroller (BMS) that will disconnect the cells when conditions could damage them, then package it up. It’s not all that complicated.

Well, I was trying to see if you were just creating a secondary storage battery for something like overlanding ect. What I would primarily be concerned about is vibration. Batteries intended for auto use are vibration and shock (impact) tested. I would also be very concerned about the plastic storage containers you seem to be using. IF you are placing that under the hood you will see those (likely polypropylene) warp, melt, or just quickly degrade. I am all about experimenting and trying new things and applaud your ingenuity and knowledge. I also don't want anyone loosing their rig to an avoidable electrical fire.
its not going under the hood… there’s not room for something 1/4 that size. It’s a house battery that will live in the second row footwell. I could buy something from Amazon and no one would blink an eye, yet there’s some pretty shoddy shit out there. Vibration is a concern, but my cells are very firmly compressed together and attached with flexible buss bars. Other components are attached with wire (that’s obviously flexible). It’ll move around a little, but I’ve pretty much accounted for that by adding extra electrical insulation. all the wires are sized correctly (actually overkill) and the whole thing is fused well below its current capacity.

I’ll build a better box in the next year, but for now, this’ll do just fine.

Nice kit. That's some serious Will Prowse shit right there. I abandoned mine and went with a gz 1500x and the v2 of the 100w rockpals.
Thanks! His old videos where he made things are what got me started down this path. His forum is probably one of the best resources in this area on the internet.

After defective BMSs, lots of learnings, and supply chain pain, I also almost gave up on it. I’m glad I didn’t because the ability to have replaceable components I can put into otherwise unused nooks and crannies is pretty important to me.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I like you're set up and with the squadrons I probably would have had no problems with the brackets. However those LP4's were just way to heavy and bounced all over the place driving down the road. It annoyed the shit out of me.

I have my Anttena mounted differently no interference from my bracket:like:
Yeah I have LP4s on my front bumper. I think you are right that the brackets I used for the squadrons are probably too flimsy for them. Also like the idea of the ghost antenna being mounted further from my head. But I'm old so maybe a little radiation will only help me. :LOL:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I've read just enough posts about muffler heat possibly & adversely affecting storage bin contents, that I'll pass the following suggestion along for your consideration.

This muffler shield/wrap kit is proven to protect plastic muffler-side body covers and adjacent soft luggage on motorcycles. Possibly it would provide the same beneficial effect for those owners with sensitive contents in the Wrangler's rear storage cubby.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Muffler wra

Aquastream

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, Hella Yella, 2.0 T
I installed the winch plate from my rugged ridge bumper and then got started on installing my 9500s pro series winch this afternoon.
It’s much too nice outside so I made it short today.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1821F272-42C1-4277-AB85-4C19D030E4CF
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3532E450-A3EA-4D3D-8FF6-49EF61CD91A4
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1186BB0E-F242-4C64-99E9-B7405DC429F3
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 164ED85B-6B34-457F-A680-B63716A8B3CA
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? D7F38086-7164-49D4-9F2E-547C0E27FFA0
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EE30E57D-2CCB-46AC-8C8B-6C904F85FBD8

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep is going on jack stands tonight and pulling all the pulling the tires off it so I can run them to the tire shop first thing in the morning and get them broke down. Pull the bead lock rings and have the tire shop bust the inside bead. The Cooper tires fit so tight, I can't get them off with out a shit load of effort. Will run the bead lock rings through the dish washer and clean them up. Probably run some of my guns through the dish washer at the same time and clean them up too.

Then tomorrow putting these in the wheels. and mount tires back on the bead lock wheels.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EE30E57D-2CCB-46AC-8C8B-6C904F85FBD8
These are really good. I just got their new air chuck too for my Power Tank gauge.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I installed these garment hanger loops just after bring the Jeep home, grumbling at the time that of all the stupid little details for FCA to forget about...

Said loops were just removed in favor of these proper clothes hooks. They can be secured in one of several positions, meaning you can choose where and how hard your rear passengers bump their heads on the hooks. :giggle:

It's interesting to observe the ever-expanding selection of consumer goods that 3D printers, and a bit of imagination, can bring to the market.
Picked up my dress shirts from the cleaners today and decided to do a search on the forum for 'garment hanger' and found your post! Search worked beautifully.

Wondering though if there are any more durable/better options anyone has found? My rear seat is removed and I typically hang them on the roll cage corner and the metal hangers seem to hook over the top in the corner but if they get bumped they will fall and I am not an ironer!

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
After 10 years of Jeeping (7 with a JKUS and 3 years with a JLUR), I finally have a winch on my Jeep. Thanks to Chocolate Thunder for his old winch and winch plate and Nickb1907 ‘s thread on how to install a winch on a JK Hard Rock Bumper on a JL.

jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/fitting-a-jk-hardrock-bumper-on-a-jl-jt-winch-factory-fog-lights-skid.97105/

Scott

467117E9-CEBB-4D79-94AB-9AF5B73449F0.jpeg

6FDC9CC5-076E-4C80-8E39-7AFD6322DD24.jpeg

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

After 10 years of Jeeping (7 with a JKUS and 3 years with a JLUR), I finally have a winch on my Jeep. Thanks to Chocolate Thunder for his old winch and winch plate and Nickb1907 ‘s thread on how to install a winch on a JK Hard Rock Bumper on a JL.

jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/fitting-a-jk-hardrock-bumper-on-a-jl-jt-winch-factory-fog-lights-skid.97105/

Scott

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6FDC9CC5-076E-4C80-8E39-7AFD6322DD24

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6FDC9CC5-076E-4C80-8E39-7AFD6322DD24
Congrats... you may never or rarely have to use it for true rescue but it is surely a piece of mind for me especially when going offroad solo. And you may find some uses around your property depending on your situation.