Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Swapped the house battery for one I built from cells. 3x the current /power and only 1.6x the weight.

5590A5E1-7D38-47EA-9A01-4456929D3CDD.jpeg
BattleBorn... nice. I have two in my Class C RV. 12V Lithium batteries are awesome for going 'off the grid'.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Yeah, I take the back seat out of two-doors as soon as I buy them. You do double your trunk space. Also, have you ever tried to climb into the back seat of a two-door? I think you need to be a gymnast or a couple of desperate teenagers.
True dat! Did the same first day home.

EZPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Injen cold air install and Amber Auxiliary Lights.
Injen went in super easy. I was worried but Murphy did not visit me on this install. Lights, on the other hand was comical. Lights came in with a harness that had a relay, switch and fuse, I took my time cut them out. started connecting the harness wires to the lights with connectors and heat shrink. Wife came out to check on me in the garage, and asked me what this extra wire was for. Oh I said, each light has its own two wires. Red and Black. And no dear, that is not an extra set of wires. Your husband is an idiot and just wired two lights together. At least second time around I got better at crimping and heat shrinking. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Jeep Injen air intake

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Jeep Amber Lights

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
What don't you like about the factory soft top? Just curious.

The one on my JLU is an order of magnitude improved over the factory top on my YJ.
Its definitley better than previous years in most ways. I prefer the look of the JK soft top when in safari mode though.

After lubing the spring hidden under a random piece of plastic, it got alot better but it is still rather loud. Not road noise or wind noise loud but the mechanism rattles. The hinges, locking bracket and crossbars all make noise. Its not drastic but I get annoyed by repeating noises that I cant stop.

My biggest issue though is how much of a pain in the butt it is to get into the cargo area. I carry tools alot and other stuff that requires me to have the back fully opened to get them in or out.

Finally, I like the look alot better with the hardtop. I like squared off designs and the soft top makes the Jeep looks kinda cheap imo.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
BattleBorn... nice. I have two in my Class C RV. 12V Lithium batteries are awesome for going 'off the grid'.
Yeah, they’re great. If I wanted the most reliable battery and did t care about price or energy density, id keep it. But… the new one has 3x the power and fits the same case.

I'm a bit lost here. You built a battery and installed that in your Jeep? If so I can only think of bad things that will happen.
Is that a general fear of the unknown or do you have something useful to add?

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
groovy-austin-powers.gif

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool bracket!

Much better but maybe if you aren't or won't be using the lower cowl attachment locations for other mounting options... in this case, a GMRS ghost antenna. Also $150 vs $100 for the Baja mounts. I don't see the value when it limits other mods such as this...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220802_160142~2

Apologies for the night shot but this shows the Squadron Pro ditch lights harmoniously mount along with my GMRS ghost antenna mount (AAL brand). I'm figuring more aerodynamic as well... if that turns someone's crank being that we drive a brick down the road. :LOL:
I like you're set up and with the squadrons I probably would have had no problems with the brackets. However those LP4's were just way to heavy and bounced all over the place driving down the road. It annoyed the shit out of me.

I have my Anttena mounted differently no interference from my bracket:like:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4ED240A0-4E70-41E4-B713-6A2445B536FC

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
At what point /size do you consider beads over weights?

I jeep all over the US. It is a hassle to be in the middle of traveling somewhere and have to goto a shop and get the tires rebalanced because you have ripped hunks of the tread off and or I drove 10,000 miles and they just need to be re-balanced. The balancing beads will just move to where they need to be to keep the tire balanced. Way less hassle.

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
Yeah, they’re great. If I wanted the most reliable battery and did t care about price or energy density, id keep it. But… the new one has 3x the power and fits the same case.

Is that a general fear of the unknown or do you have something useful to add?
Well, I was trying to see if you were just creating a secondary storage battery for something like overlanding ect. What I would primarily be concerned about is vibration. Batteries intended for auto use are vibration and shock (impact) tested. I would also be very concerned about the plastic storage containers you seem to be using. IF you are placing that under the hood you will see those (likely polypropylene) warp, melt, or just quickly degrade. I am all about experimenting and trying new things and applaud your ingenuity and knowledge. I also don't want anyone loosing their rig to an avoidable electrical fire.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to make the final fine tuning of the toe adjustment and centering of the steering wheel. Axles are centered side to side within a 1/16", caster is happiest at about 6.25°, and rear pinion is 1.5° below the driveshaft.

These tweaks were necessary after swapping out the 3.5" Metalcloak springs for their new 4.5's...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211014_133132
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220806_091606

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Swapped the house battery for one I built from cells. 3x the current /power and only 1.6x the weight.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220806_091606
Nice kit. That's some serious Will Prowse shit right there. I abandoned mine and went with a gz 1500x and the v2 of the 100w rockpals.