Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Can these only be installed on beadlocks? What exactly are they? I can't read the brand

No they can be installed on non deadlock wheels. They are Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires. I have only put about 3 miles on them so far. I know that I have sacrificed some off road capabilities, but there are always trade offs when you make compromises.

Deathmatrix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Nice!

That rack system kinda puts the kibosh on the sunrider top or on a soft top JL, yeah?
Not sure on that. I know the way it is designed we can still remove the freedom panels and the back piece as well while leaving the rack in place.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Swapped the house battery for one I built from cells. 3x the current /power and only 1.6x the weight.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5590A5E1-7D38-47EA-9A01-4456929D3CDD

johndan

First Name
Johndan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR (ordered and waiting…)
Yeah, I take the back seat out of two-doors as soon as I buy them. You do double your trunk space. Also, have you ever tried to climb into the back seat of a two-door? I think you need to be a gymnast or a couple of desperate teenagers.

I've been tempted to do this but I feel kind of like I won't be adding much room except for vertically which I don't really need. My seats are folded down 24/7 for camping equpiment.

edit: I just realized this is a 2door so you probably doubled your trunk space

Jaeth

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.standardroofingok.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I use balancing beads. will not ever use weights on the outside of the wheel again. I have ripped hunks of rubber off the tires while wheeling and hated always having to get the tires rebalanced. The balancing beads in my opinion are far superior for bigger tires.
At what point /size do you consider beads over weights?

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
I just finished my Genesis Dual Battery install and to be completely honest with you I'm scared of starting the Jeep lol

Well I'm at the last mile of it at least and I'm scared to plug anything in tbh. I really dislike electrical stuff.

edit: No issues at all so far

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5590A5E1-7D38-47EA-9A01-4456929D3CDD
I am the only one that thinks that all dual battery kits all look like no one took any time to even try and design them to look clean? There is no reason to not use buss bar, or a bundle the wires from the controller better, or even a nice cover?

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am the only one that thinks that all dual battery kits all look like no one took any time to even try and design them to look clean? There is no reason to not use buss bar, or a bundle the wires from the controller better, or even a nice cover?
Oh man you're not wrong, it looks like I wired up a bomb. I *THINK* they have a cover planned. There's a thread somewhere in Electrical where a customer made a cover over the solenoid that looks fantastic. I'll be ordering that ASAP. FWIW My wiring wasn't done in this picture, nothing was connected. It's much cleaner now.

In the meantime I'm just happy my jeep cranked right up and made it out of my garage with two batteries.

Here's the cover: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/genesis-dual-battery-tray-cover.76224/#post-2027984

r.stevens

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Retired the soft top for the year and put the hard top back on. Been contemplating doing it for a while now. Not a big fan of the soft top and considering selling it to buy a sunrider top.
Let me know when you are ready to sell. I might be interested and am up in Michigan all the time.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I love it when its down but not a fan when its closed.
What don't you like about the factory soft top? Just curious.

The one on my JLU is an order of magnitude improved over the factory top on my YJ.