What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
What are these supposed to do?
They're MUCH thicker than the flimsy stock brackets on the corners of the rear bumper. There are posts of Jeepers w/ metal bumpers who drop off a ledge & hit the bumper, causing it to deflect into the body, causing a crease. I may never have that problem, but it seems a reasonable attempt to prevent that kind of damage to the body.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ok
My daughter is learning to drive this summer and has her permit, but doesn't want to drive our Jeeps. She says the steering is too sloppy compared to the little VW she drove with the instructor.

She's not wrong, but it's not that bad 🙄

So we decided we needed the ability to stiffen up the steering on the wife's JLU because she has the auto.

Just got done installing this bad boy. Even if it doesn't help our daughter, wife is happy 😇

IMG_1304.jpeg
If you offroad, you're gonna want to relocate that spendy shock above the trackbar. You have a few options for kits.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I went back and forth forever on installing the Apex valves on some quadratec wheels, or getting Nomads… I liked the look of QT OEM ripoffs better but wish they had less backspace. Went with the nomads for practicality.

after reading your thread about beadlocks, decided long time ago they’re not worth it for me!

I took all the bead lock rings off last night. Loaded the tires and wheels in the truck for the local tire shop to break them down. They do it for $5 a tire. It is worth it to me. The Coopers are dam near impossible to get the back bead to break with out a machine. I have tried just about ever trick in the book.

I took the bead lock rings in the house and put them and the bolts in the dishwasher to clean them up. Of course me wife caught me. Cost me a dinner at Red Lobster for that infraction. Tire shop opens in about an hour and a half. After they are dismount the tires, off to the car wash to give the wheels a good cleaning. Then home to mount tires. Probably going to be a 6 to 8 hour day by the time I get the tires mounted and put back on the Jeep and get the Jeep off the Jack stands.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Ok

If you offroad, you're gonna want to relocate that spendy shock above the trackbar. You have a few options for kits.
Yes, at some point maybe. Her Jeep sticks to the pavement mostly, and when it does get offroad it's fire roads or sand.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
That's a lot of stabilizer for road driving. I love it both in and off road though for sure.
No argument, but with 25 settings of adjustability it's worth it if we can convince a teenage girl that driving a Jeep isn't all that much different than a VW ;)

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
Finished up adding the @KC HiLiTES.
Flex Era 3s on the cowls to pair up with the FE4s on the bumper. I’m using the combo (spot/flood) because that’s what I need out here in the boonies.
Clean install, nice and bright, couldn’t be happier with them.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220808_084141
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220808_084141
Looks great!

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I have a suggestion for Z Automotive. Not sure I can tag them here. Or maybe someone else that is handy. I want physical buttons for all/chosen "live modes". Okay not all the live modes. Some features can be mapped to cruise control buttons or "mute button", but I always forget what is what. It would be cool if they created a physical switch pad that connected to canbus and had their own events, for things like:
  • Front Camera Access
  • Light Show
  • Rock Crawl
  • Trail Turn
How can I make that happen?

Naylia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I stared at this way too long wondering how in TF a bracket over a tail light is supporting a marching band.......

Sigh, lol.
I just assumed that it was constantly at risk when loading the tuba in the trunk....