What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

HushJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Re-Painted my brake calipers using G2 epoxy custom colour match (G2 Custom Colours). G2 can match paint codes and I chose 'Surf Blue' which is the outline colour for trim and badges on my Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Cal 1

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Cal 2

G2's is a two-part epoxy that dries and hardens to a gloss finish. It bonds to metal and becomes super hard. No need for primer or clear coat (not recommended). Remove wheels, prep, clean, tape off, then brush on self-leveling paint. Have about 4-5 hours working time before epoxy becomes unusable and hardens. Withstands heat up to 980 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray or wipe clean, no need for chemicals.

Product is also warrantied not to chip, crack or peel or G2 will send you a replacement kit. Very good reviews. I found there was enough epoxy to do 3 coats or more all the way around.

-------

Previously, I painted my calipers using VHT high heat caliper spray paint. They turned out well however were not durable and began flaking and chipping. The colour didn't match either.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Blue Brake Calipers - 1

Was a bit of a PITA removing old paint and redoing them but in the end I'm glad I did. Was a learning experience.

Last edited:

gburchett

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 JLR, Sting-Gray, ā€˜15 Ford Fusion, ā€˜16 F450
Re-Painted my brake calipers using G2 epoxy custom colour match (G2 Custom Colours). G2 can match paint codes and I chose 'Surf Blue' which is the outline colour for trim and badges on my Jeep.

G2's is a two-part epoxy that dries and hardens to a gloss finish. It bonds to metal and becomes super hard. No need for primer or clear coat (not recommended). Remove wheels, prep, clean, tape off, then brush on self-leveling paint. Have about 4-5 hours working time before epoxy becomes unusable and hardens. Withstands heat up to 980 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray or wipe clean, no needs for chemicals.

Product is also warrantied not to chip, crack or peel or G2 will send you a replacement kit. Very good reviews. I found there was enough epoxy to do 3 coats or more all the way around.

-------

Previously, I painted my calipers using VHT high heat caliper spray paint. They turned out well however were not durable and began flaking and chipping. The colour didn't match either.

Was a bit of a PITA removing old paint and redoing them but in the end I'm glad I did. Was a learning experience.
Looks really good!!

Taaronk

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Build Thread
Link
I installed new mirror housings with LEDs. I got all the wires run and have hit a dead end on wiring it up the way I want to. Watched a bunch of YouTube videos and still canā€™t figure out what Iā€™m missing. They look neat even though they donā€™t light up yet :-P

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
I installed new mirror housings with LEDs. I got all the wires run and have hit a dead end on wiring it up the way I want to. Watched a bunch of YouTube videos and still canā€™t figure out what Iā€™m missing. They look neat even though they donā€™t light up yet :-P
I've been interested in possibly making that upgrade myself. Do you mind sharing your source? Are yours the European model Mopar ones or aftermarket?

As far as wiring, I already added the side vent turn signal lighting that I hooked directly into the wiring harness for the turn signals that runs just above the wheel well. Was not hard, other than the fact that the wire from the turn signal itself was short, so had to add wire to make it easier. They work very well, and definitely helps other drivers coming up on my sides to see that I'm about to change lanes.

IMG20220612184007.jpg

Taaronk

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Build Thread
Link
I bought them through Ali express like a year ago when there were NO options out there! They look exactly like these:

KUQIQI Lens LED Side Mirror with White Foold Lights and Amber Turn Signal Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL 2018-2019 (Flood) https://a.co/d/1JaL683

im Glad I bought them when I did - they were like 1/3 of the current price.

there are 3 wires - black (ground), yellow (turn signal), and white (I THINK itā€™s daytime running light.). What Iā€™m unsure about is how to tap the DRL wire. My rig is a sport S that came with halogens and I replaced them with LED halos (Metra brand), so they have a white DRL wire running to the fuse box - I think I should tap there and then run the ground to my rough country aux switch, but Iā€™m not sure if that is right and I donā€™t want to vampire clamp wires and be wrong.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Added some interior ambient lighting since the sport didnā€™t come stock with it. Tapped into the door handle light wire. Works with the dimmer switch on the dash. Used frame mount lights from DCS lighting. Drilled out the hole with a hole saw and popped them in.

D7CB34FD-89FA-40DD-83FF-C0D2EA30CEBB.jpeg

E60C4FA2-98E9-4194-8696-9E4F92ABEA69.jpeg

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Ordered a pair of drawer sliders from Amazon and fabricated up a fridge/freezer slide with some spare material I had laying around. Iā€™m happy with the end results so far. Itā€™s bolted into the two existing forward tie down lug bolt holes.
I can still slide out the lower compartment cover as well to access emergency/recovery gear thatā€™s stored underneath.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? BBAEE808-F76D-4972-A917-4607DC5A2BA8

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? D917975D-40C2-4940-B9FC-59C44E379B84

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 490A4640-0059-49FD-8664-DCD0FCE2247E

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Not my Jeep, but a friend of mine needed some Jeep help. I had to drive two hours because his job moved him to a different state. A hint of where I had to go. They build cool vehicles there.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1659784917594

I helped him put new ball joints in his Gladiator. The cool thing is his garage is air conditioned.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1659784849949

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1659785001375

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Finished up adding the @KC HiLiTES.
Flex Era 3s on the cowls to pair up with the FE4s on the bumper. Iā€™m using the combo (spot/flood) because thatā€™s what I need out here in the boonies.
Clean install, nice and bright, couldnā€™t be happier with them.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 837598F6-A3D6-42BF-B7BA-72DD3379F0CA
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 83622459-449D-4E1E-98BC-32ED5BB543EE

Last edited:

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Looking for unused space for my Bubba Rope. It fit perfectly in the back behind the rear drivers side seat. However it won't ride on this shelf without some restraint. I have the SOT top so this might not work with another top. I took off the rear panel and found two threaded holes. Found the correct size and short enough when installed from underneath will not go any higher than the side. For tiny loops for my tiny bungee cords I used two picture frame hooks.

They have two holes and a loop that is movable. Drilled out the center hole and installed from the bottom. I used cap screws which have an allen head. No real room underneath I should have used bolt head.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 83622459-449D-4E1E-98BC-32ED5BB543EE
What shackle is that?

SadRobot

First Name
Greg (not Greg)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
After adding in the Redline hood struts I discovered I couldn't reach the hood to close it anymore so just added this pull strap. Seems to be in pretty secure and just need it to pull the hood down about 3 inches till I can grab the top to pull it down the rest of the way.

Also up for other solutions if anyone has better ideas.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0165.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0164.JPG