What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
Installed the Ohio Diesel rear seat recline kit while my Son had football practice. Had half the tool chest in the Jeep. Lower bolts are a PITA to reach even with a mid-size impact wrench. I can't tell a difference but the kids said they sat further back. Really not sure why the OE bolts cannot be used everywhere. Once threads were started on the front bolts, they were still above the seat brackets by at least an inch.

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Overland (UK spec)
The more I drive my Jeep on the road the more sloppy I'm finding the steering 😕

Installed the FOX 2.0 ATS steering stabilizer. Can truly tell a significant difference from the Mopar OEM one, which had been replaced under warranty previously. With 24 adjustment levels of firmness I'm still playing with the right daily setting after taking it out on to various streets, roads, and freeways. Currently have it on level 17.
Three months on, can I ask how you're getting on with the Fox 2.0 ATS steering stabilizer?

And what number did you settle with in the end?

EZPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Embarrassed to say it took me this this long to notice the fantastic job some one did to balance my rear driver tire. Not my usual tire shop i go to. Surprised it staid on for this long. I was just flopping around. I was able to take it off, shave some off to fit in between the other weights. Now I'm thinking I should take it in to my tire shop to rebalance my tires, just in case. ;)

RearDriverBalanceWheights.jpg

ekiwan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yesterday I drove about 400 miles (round trip) to pick up what I consider to be one of the best additions to my JLUR, a Bestop Sunrider. I put off buying one for a while but finally decided that I’d prefer to have the ease of the sunrider vs. popping off the freedom panels every once in a while. A fellow forum member posted their used Sunrider for sale and I jumped on the opportunity to make the swap. They helped with the install and I was immediately in love with the new top. It’s so easy to just flip the top open and not have to think about where to put the panels in the meantime. I’m so excited to use it as often as possible! :LOL:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 53CC4970-451C-4081-8C0E-7156856065B6
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 150B7B84-9F57-4FAB-8164-81004BC0ABD7
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F97CD479-457B-4805-BC53-6AEE74479D02

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
The more I drive my Jeep on the road the more sloppy I'm finding the steering 😕

Three months on, can I ask how you're getting on with the Fox 2.0 ATS steering stabilizer?

And what number did you settle with in the end?
Thanks for asking. It has been great and operating solid as a rock. I have kept it set at 17. For my purposes it is the right balance of resistance, but still has the easy ability to center the wheels after turning. Too much tension would force you to have to manually re-center each time.

The increasing sloppiness is what I found also before I changed things out. The warranty replacement of the factory stabilizer initially helped some. Then the warranty replacement of the aluminum steering box for the new steel model helped (if yours isn't already the steel one, I would recommend you have the replaced under warranty), though it still felt more off than it should be.

Reality is that we shouldn't have to deal with this issue at all--especially 4 years into this model--but that's reality. That said, while this (and others) steering stabilizer does not make the vehicle drive like a normal SUV we are all used to (like our 2018 Buick Enclave, which has incredibly tight/responsive steering for a vehicle its size), it definitely is a noticeable improvement that is worth the investment, in my opinion. The ability to truly tailor the tension to what YOU want it to be via the 24 settings was a real selling point for me that is not just hype. If you get one, hope it makes the difference for you that it did for me!

Cheers,

Matt

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Installed a American Adventure Lab Versa Table in Bamboo.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Am Adv Lab Versa Table

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Am Adv Lab Versa Table Down

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Well this is over the course of three days. Installed MBRP dual exhaust, hellwig sway bar, Rancho 9000XL shocks on al four set on the softest setting, teraflex 2.1 stabilizer, 13 inch removable antenna (just push down and twist), firecracker red matching gas door, mopar locking gas cap, sheep skin seat covers, rear cargo light, spare tire cover, PPf film 14 inches on the hood only, BNIB LED projector headlights, Ceramic coated entire vehicle, under coated jeep with valugard and woolwaxed inside of frames and door jams, added speed form throttle controler set on 1.5 which makes the jeep drive much more natural as if you don't have any delay (highly recommend), changed out rear diff cover to AFE with drain plug, Rusty's track bar brace. I think that's it!!

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
The tire size is 37” BFG Mud terrain KM3s.
As for the lights, they are insanely BRIGHT. When used in conjunction with the amber light bar in the skid plate, they turn night to day. It’s hilarious.
Ah man, I ordered the matching skid plate and bar light adapters as well. Can you take a pic of it next time you are out?

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...
Ah man, I ordered the matching skid plate and bar light adapters as well. Can you take a pic of it next time you are out?
Will do. Gimme a couple days.

-RotorDemon-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon EcoDiesel | 2019 JL Unlimited
Occupation
Parts Manager
I've been eyeing those Mopar rails and cargo basket. How do you like them? Those look really nice.
Fit and finish is very good. I would have liked the rails better if they were lower to the roofline and the basket at most a foot wider. Other than that it is rock solid and about a half inch short of not being able to fit into the garage. Once the lift kit is installed no way.