What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

WranglinNYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door JL
and found some stage green half doors a few weeks ago. I finally had time to install and adjust them today. Might still need to tweak the uppers a little. But so far so good. Now I really really need the premium soft top lol. Doesnā€™t quite match. Oh well. I have a few other things I want to do before I worry about that.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Black Lugnuts

It looks like you have a regular soft-top and premium uppers. Does it look bad when your top is closed? Do you have any photos?

Unheard

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Today I made some doggy air con šŸ˜Ž

We're having bit of a heatwave here in the UK this week (though nothing like what you all get overseas!) and my old Alaskan Malamute really suffers with it.

If I had a 3D printer I'd make something much nicer, but for now it keeps her cool!

Started off here:

Turns out the pipes behind those round vents are not actually round šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

None the less, we're going to take these out:

They're just held in place with five Torx screws:

I kinda made this up as I went along, but I'm using 40mm wide push-fit "plastic waste" pipe here, the type you'd use on your kitchen and bathroom plumbing.

There was no nice way to seal the round pipes to the oval pipes, so lots of gaffer tape was used. Again, I might revisit this in the future but for now, it's air tight :)

Not pretty šŸ™ˆ

There's a gap between my pipes and the OEM trim. This is where a 3D printer would be ideal as I could print new panel with two 40mm holes in it. Ideas / suggestions to fill the gaps? No air comes out of here as the pipes are well sealed but it looks a bit poor.

On to the above two outlet pipes, I then simply push on the rest of the contraption.

These pipes are at this angle for a reason:

As when they get to the top they then pump air in two opposite directions.

The plan being to try and cool the cargo area evenly.

On the off chance I ever carry rear passengers the whole thing can be twisted straight - as they're just push-fittings on all the joints.

This allows two rear seat passengers to sit comfortably and for me to still cool my doggy (which is the priority here, my passengers will always be in second place to my dog).

And on the even rarer occasion that I might have three rear seat passengers then the whole thing just pulls off with no tools.

It works a treat, lots of nice cool air con being fed directly to the rear.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to tidy up the exit of the pipes from the back of the center console I'd love to know :)

The things we do for our dogs eh? šŸ˜Š šŸ•
Well that's certainly one way to do it :LOL: . While not the prettiest of installs, necessity is the mother of invention, and it works, so awesome job!

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah i wasnt really a fan of that kne tbh. I have the OG they first had and to this day I have never had a problem. The strobing feature is pretty neat too. I have this switch mounted on my 67 design rail. Now I have a total of 12 acc switches which is more than enough.

B41EEC93-2F1E-4683-A507-2835883E611B.jpeg
How is "Stealth" wired up? I'm assuming it turns off all of your lights? Do you have to wire everything up to the Stealth post and bypass the fusebox? You're just cutting power to a few things ON the pod right?

edit: Now that I'm waking up I'm guessing you just program it to turn off certain buttons? I just realized you've got suspension/drive stuff wired up too.

Bokonon_FL

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Looks great! Did you have any trouble with the winch plate? I went to install mine about a week ago and the plate is 1/8 to 1/4ā€ too wide.
Iā€™m really happy with it. Clean look and relatively light weight.

My install was smooth. The only problem I had was I lost a nut to the back of the fairlead, and had to use different bolts.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
It looks like you have a regular soft-top and premium uppers. Does it look bad when your top is closed? Do you have any photos?
It was ok. But I had already planned on selling the factory top and get a bestop slant back.
98B0ECB5-870E-4B01-B103-158F9C4C16E4.jpeg
FBABA044-D5DF-457C-9D19-7BD7A52C723B.jpeg
6109133C-6330-430C-B647-B0B9CF056543.jpeg

WranglinNYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door JL
It was ok. But I had already planned on selling the factory top and get a bestop slant back.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6109133C-6330-430C-B647-B0B9CF056543
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6109133C-6330-430C-B647-B0B9CF056543
So these are premium uppers with the bestop slant - do you have any photos with the premium uppers and the factory soft top?

Trying to get a better idea of how ghetto it will look :)

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Just a few small mods while I wait for my Squadbox to show up.

American Adventure Labs molle panel to replace the front door netting. They do have back door panels too and multiple colors. I will say there's next to no room between the door and panel to put anything.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20220712_130541997

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20220712_130555236

I tried out the back door netting replacement from Amazon. Not bad, just snaps in once you cut the net off. I wish they had a similar front door version.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20220712_130503043

And a small little coat hook from Etsy because I did actually need it once. And probably never will again. But hey, it was cheap.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20220712_130525670

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
How is "Stealth" wired up? I'm assuming it turns off all of your lights? Do you have to wire everything up to the Stealth post and bypass the fusebox? You're just cutting power to a few things ON the pod right?

edit: Now that I'm waking up I'm guessing you just program it to turn off certain buttons? I just realized you've got suspension/drive stuff wired up too.
Haha stealth and air dont have anything connected. I just put those stickers so it wouldnā€™t have two empty spaces. I have my two lockers on the right and the rest are pod and rock lights.

Jeep_guy_brian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU
Occupation
Paramedic / Firefighter
I installed the Mopar CHMSL Relocation light after seeing it here. I modified with a spacer bracket to add 3" height.
Better visibility, and now the spare tire mounted Bike Rack has good fit and clearance.

PXL_20220623_203025273.MP_resized.jpg

PXL_20220624_212618287.MP_resized.jpg

PXL_20220624_213022713.MP_resized.jpg
What bike rack are you using? Trying to find one that works with that camera on the JLs

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
  • MetalCloak Game Changer 3.5"
  • Fox 2.0 shocks
  • ProComp 17" Beadlocks
  • Yokohama MT 005 - 37 x12.50/R17
  • Factory Steel bumpers with Smittybilt 9.5k winch
  • Just arrived today: MetalCloak UnderCloak full armor and full steering package.
PXL_20220710_233700323.jpg

Vehicle as purchased on 7/3/22:
PXL_20220703_183106043.jpg
Wow. All that work, barely one week after taking delivery. You don't penis around. šŸ‘

American Adventure Labs molle panel to replace the front door netting.

I will say there's next to no room between the door and panel to put anything.

PXL_20220712_130555236.jpg
I like those panels, but your comment affirms why I've not purchased them: they seem good for little more than holding a single paper map that has to be stuffed in and fished out.

Reman1826

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Installed an Arcus bumper, skid plate and Warn VR Evo 10s. Clean!!!

48A10AF3-4465-44C5-A8CB-8A60B59711C7.jpeg

5421425E-3073-4B4F-AB07-0F72846030CE.jpeg

E9B33FAF-92AC-44C7-97BE-982653D76B64.jpeg

B60E2DFE-A8A6-416A-B9A9-5CA8E465607E.jpeg
Did you replace the plastic bumper? If so, any change in height or not enough to be concerned? I have an XR coming soon and thinking replacing plastic with Arcus. Thank you.

Starboard M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sanded down and repainted my rear bumper. Love steel it but damn itā€™s pricey. Going to replace my rear bumper lights with some Baja ones. What do you all prefer for a rear bumper, scene/work or wide cornering?

I did some Diode Dynamics SS3 sport floods. They work well enough for my needs. One fear I had was blinding people in parking lots if I had gotten a light with a non diffused LED. Most likely not big deal one way or another.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220409_174200

Bokonon_FL

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Did you replace the plastic bumper? If so, any change in height or not enough to be concerned? I have an XR coming soon and thinking replacing plastic with Arcus. Thank you.
Yes I replaced the factory plastic bumper. Even with the winch and the added skid plate, I havenā€™t noticed any obvious change in front ride height. I should have measured, but I expected to need to add some spacers. Now Iā€™m going to wait on that and see how it settles. The skid plate is cool, but adds an additional 60 pounds. The plastic bumper has its own thin light ā€œskid plateā€ that can be used to cut down on extra weight.

Reman1826

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
Yes I replaced the factory plastic bumper. Even with the winch and the added skid plate, I havenā€™t noticed any obvious change in front ride height. I should have measured, but I expected to need to add some spacers. Now Iā€™m going to wait on that and see how it settles. The skid plate is cool, but adds an additional 60 pounds. The plastic bumper has its own thin light ā€œskid plateā€ that can be used to cut down on extra weight.
Good to know. I am hoping my Rubicon will have a steel skid plate. (I read it somewhere). Will see when I pick it up this weekend.