2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, Hydro Blue Pearl

Muskylounge6801

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, Hydro Blue Pearl
Very nice, I carry a variety and it looks like that would work for all of my choices. Currently I just holster in the console if its not on me.
I have a SigSaur P320, i think my factory optic would not fit, :(

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Ive seen a few vids of peeps musky fishing and ill be honest it looks super fun. It definitely creates a challenge landing a trophy fish.
I've caught trophy Northerns - Muskie's cousins - and they're always a fight. Ironically we've found that many times the trophy sized fish - 38" and up - will fight, run out the line a bit, but give in almost half as quick as the fish in the 30" to 36" range. Almost like they've had their share of getting hooked before and realize, "Eh, easier to get in the boat and get it over with."

I have a SigSaur P320, i think my factory optic would not fit, :(
You'd be surprised. The Sigs may have greater height over bore than Glocks, but look up the Roland Special - one of those with a 20 round extended mag can fit. I think you'd be alright

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I've caught trophy Northerns - Muskie's cousins - and they're always a fight. Ironically we've found that many times the trophy sized fish - 38" and up - will fight, run out the line a bit, but give in almost half as quick as the fish in the 30" to 36" range. Almost like they've had their share of getting hooked before and realize, "Eh, easier to get in the boat and get it over with."

You'd be surprised. The Sigs may have greater height over bore than Glocks, but look up the Roland Special - one of those with a 20 round extended mag can fit. I think you'd be alright
Can confirm. Fished Pike and Muskie a lot growing up. They hit like a truck then turn into a log on the way in. They also like to see if you're not familiar with that species and try to trap them by the lips like a Bass. Lol. You learn real quick they aren't.

In saying that, best fishing for me was going after Bass with an ultralight set up (1-3lb test) and finessing them into the boat.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Can confirm. Fished Pike and Muskie a lot growing up. They hit like a truck then turn into a log on the way in. They also like to see if you're not familiar with that species and try to trap them by the lips like a Bass. Lol. You learn real quick they aren't.

In saying that, best fishing for me was going after Bass with an ultralight set up (1-3lb test) and finessing them into the boat.
Always a fun time trying to get the damn spoons out of their mouths when the moment they feel you reach in they start to clamp down! I just came back from a trip here in May where we started out using jaw spreaders and other fancy (read:rube) tools, but by the end once we'd lost them (think that may have been me kicking them out of the boat lol) we were handling dehooking with just gloves like old pros. Had a span on our third day where we pulled in a fish on every cast for over three hours, no more than two or three under 30". I think I'll be riding that high for the rest of my life!

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
The diesels, 4xe, 392s are all coming with the gladiator grills now. I changed mine on my 19 2.0l last fall and all of the temps seem to run a bit cooler now. Where I live air-temp gets up to 127F at the hottest in summer and I would routinely see oil, coolant, and trans temps in the 220s. We've only gotten up to 117F air-temp this year but I haven't seen engine above 210 yet.
So the last two days I did some long drives with hill climbs (climb up an 8% grade) this had the engine sustained around 3000rpms for 20-30 minutes. I did see oil and coolant in the 220s, but trans only got to 206.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I said Ill spend my own 1700 (much less) and buy 1/2 inch impact invest in some wiring tools and did it all myself. I cussed some, scratched some knuckles but I did it. Hopefully when I get back in town I can send some finished picts after a bath.

<3
Jesus, I dropped my jeep off at the dealer without bumpers and they just charged me for 1 hour of service to install them, $188. I couldn't get to the bolts on my front without constantly dropping the bumper on me so I gave up.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Ive priced this, its not cheap. The question I have is when I research. They say that there is good, better and best products. How the hell do you know what your actually paying for. :(
🤷🏻‍♂️ Llumar and 3m are usually top tier. You’ll see their logos on the film (can be removed after). For the windshield 3m is thicker so hopefully more heat reduction there.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Installed a pistol holster from Wpngear. Got the idea from another forum on this site. Fits great, close by, but not intrusive, and out of the way/sight of most. Install was easy, just one bolt to swap.
D0D38F37-0791-4BA9-ACDF-73123C471B36.jpeg
E78A5B31-783B-42D6-A833-FBD64A76E5FD.jpeg
F22885A4-701A-4D38-8DFE-7F766973A503.jpeg
00F83A7C-F197-4A28-B010-34F44DC4388D.jpeg
God bless Florida and its people. 🙏❤

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)