What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
This past week was busy.

After a mess up on the dealer / delivery side (They said my Jeep arrived, when in fact it had not and it was lost. They quickly found it and had it shipped. Arrived 10 days after initially saying it did) I took my Jeep home on 6/20. I immediately did the following this past week:
  1. Armorlite flooring - Install was actually pretty easy. After removing the first few trim pieces and seeing how with the right trim tools and not a screw driver / pry bar like I did in a previous life, everything came apart and went back together easily. Flooring fits perfect, no adjustment needed for its install.
  2. Seat jackers - Had to cut the armor lite flooring around the two spacers (only installed drivers seat) slightly to enlarge and have them sit hard against the floor.
  3. 13" stubby antenna - Like the looks but might go for a 15 or 17. The signal could be a little stronger.
  4. Door air deflectors - Again, easy install with a new clean jeep. Look good and like being able to have windows open when its raining or snowing to get air flow. Now just need to figure out a good way to hang doors when they are off
  5. Sill guards - Not much to say here, clean and put on, simple simple
  6. XG cargo bags - Same as above, easy install.
  7. Longer lower control arms - Just like everyone has said in various threads, torqueing these were difficult, just didnt have the throw with the long torque wrench. Had to torque from the bolt head for the passenger side. FYI for a 22 rubicon, these still need to be changed.
  8. LOD destroyer slides/steps - Install was a pain. Flag washers had powder coating in threads. I chased the threads with the bolts several times but still couldnt get it so could tighten bolt by hand which made the install of the two front brackets (passenger and driver side) a huge pita. After getting those in, the rest was pretty easy. I taped the carriage bolts to their backing plates, lifted the steps on a floor jack and did the whole install solo....in 3 hrs, so not exactly quick but a lot of that was walking back and forth to get the right tools.
  9. Front runner tailgate table - Installed solo again (really need to get the wife involved) removing tailgate trim, drilling, reinstalling all easy. Hanging the table and threading the bolts were tricky but got it done.

No pictures right now, but loving it. Went doors off and freedom panels off this whole weekend. Was a blast. Waiting on CMM mirrors to come in so I can go doors off more often.
Would love to see pictures!

Unheard

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Yep it’s a real place. Good for a chuckle. Took my kids there when they visited. Has Bigfoot poop. No lie.

66489F90-B8CB-4337-BDB0-5DAB6526C02B.jpeg

F8C3DEDD-FE50-4191-84DE-2CB490A4B63C.jpeg
That place isn't too far from me, but have never had the time to stop in. May have to swing by next time I'm heading up to Grumpy Old Men Brewing in Blue Ridge.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack by PUTCO for Extra Storage (highcountryoffroad.com)

This rack once put together is very sturdy and looks very nice. Once installed it did support its stated weight and did very well. Shipping was somewhat problematic. All other parts were well protected. The description for the rack however is generic and not applicable to the Gladiator version, and the works with factory bedrails version doesn't fit nearly as cleanly as you'd hope for the price. In the description, Works with all modern tonneau cover, is listed as a feature of this rack – am still tryin to figure out this part(open to suggestions from anyone who has worked with this mod)
tfwonlgiukdhmemnqlgy (1).jpg
. The rack is intended to work with the factory bed rails if that option is installed, otherwise you need a second bracket kit. I installed with the factory bed rails, however the base of the rack is too long and I had to remove the plastic caps at the cab end of each rail to fit the rack properly. This end is also where the rails have their opening to attach accessories, making the front most anchor half out of the rail and in a spot that seems less secure but still connected. Overall I believe this rack is great quality but will install better with the putco brackets than the factory rails and the shipping is a bit of a concern, but if you are okay with these issues it is a great rack after install.
Funny looking JL you have there sir!

Plus, you only have 2 posts and both of them link to the same web site. I smell a spammer...

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
You have the box mounted incorrectly, the wires face the back of the Jeep.
Guess I go back and remount it, sideways.
Thought it was multi- directional, like most of the newer ones.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I used JScan to program my DRLs to operate on pin 5 of the factory harness with a set of Aux lights (@8.2v) on my front light bar. Works perfectly! I also added the option to turn DRLs on/off from my UConnect4 settings screen.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screenshot_20220622-071127_Office

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I go back and remount it, sideways.
Thought it was multi- directional, like most of the newer ones.
Technical the box/electronics are but if you want the mounting bolts to line up and mount to the factory location it needs to be mounted with the wire connectors/wires facing the back of the Jeep. It is a real pain as there is a rather large wire harness there.

G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon, 2021 JLUR Diesel - On order
Occupation
Engineer
Tired of the vibration of my hinge mounted mirrors, and not finding a solution I like, modified rock slider cowl light brackets, YJ relocation brackets, and YJ mirrors.
BBA93642-F892-44C2-A27E-D1DAFA8E89A6.jpeg

58778C41-9EDD-423C-8D9D-01EE713159C6.jpeg

3A46871A-C9FB-4D42-A7EF-8CC062A8A5DC.jpeg

Also, wanted a flag holder for the 4th and a few other events. Used the bottom of my Quadratec bike rack (take it apart when I use it anyway) and made a flag pole mount.

(Eagles flag is only for testing, This Red Line flag is coming!)

120E96B9-1B15-431B-AFB7-F2926AC6DFB9.jpeg

E9123519-1F88-47FC-9799-EA9A6E243226.jpeg

F8D8F063-B6FB-45A2-B024-908F60DFEF68.jpeg
I see nothing wrong with leaving the Eagles flag.

Go Birds!!

proptied

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR Snazz
Prototyped a new location for my air supply. I took @Metalcloak's Tow Wiring Skid Plate and flipped it to the other side. One of two holes is already mirrored here from the factory, so only had to drill the other one.

Next, a simple plate and some rivet nuts over top of where the the tow wiring would plug into. Finally, added my trusty Sherman Cap that was previously mounted elsewhere.

While this was incredibly easy for a first prototype, I think I'm going to recess it a little more for the next revision.

Stay tuned!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1137

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1139

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
All this just to replace the front speakers :mad:

Wow, that looks like a lot of work. Now the real work begins. Just how in the hell does it all go back together.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
All this just to replace the front speakers :mad:

I have had my dash apart to paint it, I want to upgrade my speakers someday, but I need to do more research, and I really want a lift first so there's that