What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

HushJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Looks great. So glad they finally have a version that works on trail camera equipped Jeeps. How difficult was it to get to the passenger side turn signal. The install video says you need to remove a fender clip. Is the clip reusable or do you have to buy a new one? (I’ve had a bad experience with those fender clips … and they are wayyyy overpriced.). Did you go with the clear or tinted lenses? Any pros or cons with one or the other? I like the idea of the tinted lense to keep things stealth, but worry about the lights not being as bright.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1656172606597

- Using a fender clip removal tool such as this (cheap on Amazon) made removing part of the inner fender liner easy. The plastic inner fender clips are reusable and I only had to remove 3 or 4. Note, these aren't the clips that hold the whole fender on and sometimes break. The inner fender clips look similar to this:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1656173483392

- You also have to remove 2 or 3 10mm or 8mm bolts.
- Then peel the soft inner liner back a bit to give access to rear turn signal plug. Give the plug a 1/4 twist to unlock which gives more access to the wire you need.
- I went with clear lenses and they are the perfect intensity in my opinion. Matches the intensity of the other lights up front (main, fog, markers) and looks good.
- No idea on the tinted ones but I imagine they'd be slightly less intense due to tint.
- I can't compare them as I only bought the clear.

I'm sure you'll be happy either way and it depends on the look you're going for. Even the clear ones aren't super noticeable when off. They look factory and fit the grill with trail-cam perfectly.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? pre

Last edited:

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Finished my air chuck relocation project tonight.
With thanks to #arbusa for being nice enough to take pity on me when I stripped the threads on the elbow connector (my error as I was tired and trying to rush an “easy” job - for love or money I couldn’t find anyone able to ship one to Canada) and send me a new one as a gesture of goodwill warranty.
The ARB dual compressor is now powered on by Auxiliary 1 and the LED lights only when it’s powered up.

We need a parts list and write up for this one!

griffinm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20220624_213022713.MP_resized

- Using a fender clip removal tool such as this (cheap on Amazon) made removing part of the inner fender liner easy. The plastic inner fender clips are reusable and I only had to remove 3 or 4. Note, these aren't the clips that hold the whole fender on and sometimes break. The inner fender clips look similar to this:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20220624_213022713.MP_resized

- You also have to remove 2 or 3 10mm or 8mm bolts.
- Then peel the soft inner liner back a bit to give access to rear turn signal plug. Give the plug a 1/4 twist to unlock which gives more access to the wire you need.
- I went with clear lenses and they are the perfect intensity in my opinion. Matches the intensity of the other lights up front (main, fog, markers) and looks good.
- No idea on the tinted ones but I imagine they'd be slightly less intense due to tint.
- I can't compare them as I only bought the clear.

I'm sure you'll be happy either way and it depends on the look you're going for. Even the clear ones aren't super noticeable when off. They look factory and fit the grill with trail-cam perfectly.

Awesome! Thanks so much for all the details.

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
Alright you've convinced me lol.

They are almost double the price of Ray Bans but I had never heard of them before this forum. Tried them on and they feel like they're floating on your face. My biggest gripe with glasses are how annoying they feel on the bridge of my nose but any version of Maui Jims i tried are so comfortable. Also they are known to have one of the best lens clarity.
Thanks! I had never heard of them either, not a fan of wearing glasses for these reasons.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
We need a parts list and write up for this one!
I think one of the members did this from Florida I believe he did a parts list..my bad I can't remember his name.maybe he can find us and post it

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Installed MP Concepts tailgate reinforcement and tire relocation kit in preparation for 35s. Same as Mopar…why pay $800+ when you can get the same thing for $400?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 62066814-1A45-4D56-9A05-E4DEAC964F9A

LC2RUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Installed a CavFab tire carrier. Very pleased with the quality of the product and customer support. This thing is incredibly solid. Painted it with Rust-oleum black truck bed coating. It’s a near perfect match to the OEM metal bumpers. Only question left is do I move up to 38s or 40s…

9A39CB49-F240-4CE8-A36F-26141C7BBDB7.jpeg

D236CF53-5230-41D8-A1D1-9419D713A7BC.jpeg

DBF12B22-BCF4-4864-86ED-57F9D291DA77.jpeg

CAC73F51-8C07-4A52-8FD6-A84254C071E4.jpeg

EF6C4B6B-1504-48F3-8F4D-4C4F697B28D8.jpeg

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
My rear Dana diff cover finally arrived this week so swapped it and new gear oil, then mounted my Agency 6 recovery shackle block. He’s all set for some mountain travel.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? ACBF06ED-5E7C-4108-83C5-A71F34F0AAE3

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase