James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sahara
Couple things:

IMG_4577.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

1) Got this gear tray that fits nicely in front of the shifters and doesn't interfere with seat movement or anything. The texture matches the factory plastic. I don't use the red-backed adhesive as I find it stays in place fine without it. One thing to note, it comes with a "V" notch on one side but you need to put in another "V" notch on the other side for a good fit. I think I used a hacksaw and a file.

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

2) Yes, it is possible to have a grille guard on the factory plastic bumper! I'm happy with how it turned out and it's solid enough to mount accessory lights if wanted or protect your grille from branches and stuff. It is not going anywhere. However, it is not structurally strong enough to protect in any way in the event of a collision.

The base on each side had 3 holes. One was too far out so I hacked the ends off and drilled the 3rd hole closer to the tube on each side. This allowed 2 holes to line up with one channel and the other hole to line up with another channel within the plastic structure. I used stainless steel hardware: 1/2" bolts x 1.5" length, flat washers, lock/split washers. I also used an aluminum flat bar, tapered, with a couple holes to line up with the channel where 2 bolts go through for extra rigidity.

Painted the bolt tops, washers and the parts I grinded/cut with flat black spray paint.

IMG_4584.jpg

The view from the trail cam.
Which grille guard did you use?

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Washed and waxed the JLR and the JLU Sahara 4Xe with Turtle Wax T-477R Ice Spray wax. They are both in the garage and I’m too lazy to snap some pics at the moment. But I am damn impressed with the Turtle Wax Ice, as it was my first time ever using a spray on wax product. The easiest thing ever to apply and remove with no dry white wax residue. And the shine and slick finish is truly amazing!

Turtle Wax T-477R ICE Spray Wax -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007KTINWQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Love the wheels. I also love sarge green if you can’t tell
I’m pretty sure I saw your Jeep somewhere online while I was looking for Sarge and Bronze wheels😂. Very nice JL man! This is my 3rd set of 701s on 3 vehicles…a bit partial to them!

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Got rid of the soft top, went back to hardtop full time with a Bestop Sunrider.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImageiVdvNv

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Congrats! New wheels for me today, too. Finally found a look I wanted to splurge on. Love how it came out!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImageiVdvNv

20x10 Fuel Blitz D674 Matte Black/Dark Tint (-18 Offset if you're scoring at home)
33x12.5 Toyo Open Country R/T
Stock - No Lift

Had the work done at Carolina Customs in north Charlotte. Good folks to work with!

Hell yeah man! Congrats!

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
Received and installed the MORE dead pedal today. Boy, what a pain in the a$5 that install is. I've read the complaints and downplayed then but holy cow it is fidley. Largely complicated by one arm access around the corner and upside down .. but the darn backing plate with welded bolts didn't fit right so drilled out the holes in the aluminum brace to make it work. Still had to really force the pedal in there and barely got the nuts on.

Now that it is done it feels great - I'm glad the middle position I chose feels right because I never want to take it off to adjust it again!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220604_140826

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
I’m pretty sure I saw your Jeep somewhere online while I was looking for Sarge and Bronze wheels😂. Very nice JL man! This is my 3rd set of 701s on 3 vehicles…a bit partial to them!
Thanks! I looked long and hard for a wheel that would suit my tastes. I’m really digging these Method 701s

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Thanks! I looked long and hard for a wheel that would suit my tastes. I’m really digging these Method 701s
They are simple but big statement…no fake bead lock bs