What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Mons, Belgium (originally, Sn Antonio, TX)
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport; 22 JLU Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF
Put a rugged ridge hitch on Bluey

transferred the Rubi rock rails from the wifeys Tuscadero onto Bluey, and then The Sahara steps off Bluey onto the Tuscadero.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5862FAA2-0B33-4CA4-882E-0F9318C07E70

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4C8715BA-9473-41FE-8CE8-509A586166F9

The hitch is a hitch, nothing fun so no pic hahaha

Saturday Iā€™m getting 35ā€ Falken Wild Peak ATs (the old design) fo free!!! So canā€™t complain about that! Super stoked.

navyflyer

First Name
ā€œChopperā€ Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
Those redline hood struts make life much easier!
Totally! Once hood latch is released, it pops up by itself very nicely. I wouldnā€™t say that theyā€™re a must have, but I hate the hood rod thing. And they easily disconnect to put hood all the any back against windshield.

navyflyer

First Name
ā€œChopperā€ Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Totally! Once hood latch is released, it pops up by itself very nicely. I wouldnā€™t say that theyā€™re a must have, but I hate the hood rod thing. And they easily disconnect to put hood all the any back against windshield.
Yeah I bought them for my daily and had to have them for my Jeep. Plus they keep jack asses from just dropping the hood down. I took the prop off b/c apparently it confuses some techs.šŸ˜‚

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

navyflyer

First Name
ā€œChopperā€ Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
Can you share a few notes regarding the installation details? There's no PDF doc on the vendor site, and I'm curious to know the wire routing and the manner in which the lights are secured to the non-ferrous hood. TIA.
Sure, kit has essentially three long wires, pls,neg, and one with all the lights at the end of it and of course the lighted switch. I wanted the switch in drivers side. Ran the pos/neg on top of firewall over to battery for connection. Ziptied and tucked those wires out of the way. The wire with the leds, I zip tied and ran up behind the heatshield to the to the hood. Very easy. Probably other ways to run them, but this worked out well for me. All the wires are secured or hidden to existing engine wiring.. I can send more pics if youā€™d like.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Sure, kit has essentially three long wires, pls,neg, and one with all the lights at the end of it and of course the lighted switch. I wanted the switch in drivers side. Ran the pos/neg on top of firewall over to battery for connection. Ziptied and tucked those wires out of the way. The wire with the leds, I zip tied and ran up behind the heatshield to the to the hood. Very easy. Probably other ways to run them, but this worked out well for me. All the wires are secured or hidden to existing engine wiring.. I can send more pics if youā€™d like.
That's the intel I needed. Thanks so much!

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Upcoming (within the next two weeks):

1. Remove front RCV axle shafts and re-install stock. May go with back with Dana Spicer CrMo shafts in the future. (RCVs will be posted for sale when available).

2. Install RCV axle housing seals

3. Replace front bearing hubs with new Mopar hubs (preventative)

4. Replace all brakes with new PowerStop Z36 rotors and pads

5. Perform a 50K transmission service (replace the filter and fluid). I will dump it again in 2K miles to perform as much as a fluid replacement as possible. Will install new PPE transmission pan on next dump.

6. Open both differentials and inspect (re-geared to 5.13 about 2K miles ago) and have changed the fluid every 500 miles but want to check everything

7. Install Motobilt differential covers and Next Venture axle skids

8. Remove the hard top and install the soft top...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220513_104531

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Upcoming (within the next two weeks):

1. Remove front RCV axle shafts and re-install stock. May go with back with Dana Spicer CrMo shafts in the future. (RCVs will be posted for sale when available).

2. Install RCV axle housing seals

3. Replace front bearing hubs with new Mopar hubs (preventative)

4. Replace all brakes with new PowerStop Z36 rotors and pads

5. Perform a 50K transmission service (replace the filter and fluid). I will dump it again in 2K miles to perform as much as a fluid replacement as possible. Will install new PPE transmission pan on next dump.

6. Open both differentials and inspect (re-geared to 5.13 about 2K miles ago) and have changed the fluid every 500 miles but want to check everything

7. Install Motobilt differential covers and Next Venture axle skids

8. Remove the hard top and install the soft top...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220513_104531
Why dumping RCVs ?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Why dumping RCVs ?
A few reasons:

1. The shop in Kemah, TX tore my boots when they installed them and I have to pull them to replace the boots anyway.

2. I am not a fan of the amount of grease that is slung everywhere.

3. I initially installed a set of Dana Spicer CrMo axles, but there was binding with them and the FAD. Knowing what I know now, I am sure it was due to the installation (same shop) and I prefer the maintenance free aspect of the Dana shafts. The Dana CrMo axles have very beefy yokes and shafts and I think they would fit my needs as good or better than RCVs without the mess of the grease.

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Hereā€™s a few more detailed closeups of my routing for the hood light wiring.

A91D989C-FD6D-431D-8E29-EF9C870CE6DD.jpeg
The product page suggests a narrower, single LED hood light. Your photo illustrates ~6 small LED modules. Should I expect the latter if I order the kit?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B6F9834B-AA38-4648-A705-D5027BF1C3E1

In between rain storms, I got the drivers side outā€¦ I have to say, passenger side was easy compared to drivers, more specifically the front bolt. Iā€™m not a religious person, but their was some praying to God and every dead relative for that bolt to not snap.

Passenger side is finished.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5B39DF9E-E994-4274-A4F8-A044BFFDA2D8

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FA7F99AF-6647-42A9-B14E-FA0531060BF6

RCSDJeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6L
Installed the Rough Country M210 Diff Cover. Easy install. Even found a new Easter Egg I hadn't discovered yet!

20220513_182715.jpg

20220513_182738.jpg

20220513_182756.jpg