What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Twowheels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 GMC Sierra 8.1, ‘22 JLURD
I finally took delivery of the diesel. Decided to geek out in the shop and put on the rokblokz.com XL flaps. I ordered the flaps without the laser etched cutout for the stock rails that extend into the wheel well. Decided it would look an function better if I customized the rail to be shorter and match the angle of the XL flap. Cut it, little bit of deburring, drill a new hole for the plastic push pin retainer for the end cap and paint the bare metal cut edge. Looks like it was manufactured that way now.
Hoping this will help somebody who wants rokblokz.com flaps without the Rubi rock rail cut outs.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4A57A3F2-4D14-472C-B84A-71B01E4B4AC2
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 01CB5989-EC1D-4E6C-AC8D-4AF470492059
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 597FDF45-08B2-48B2-91F4-4B66F7D6F8F1
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 03C4F22B-4993-4F7A-BCCE-5BD70AF6DEDB

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Liquid to air intercooler upgrade on the 2.0L. Just waiting on the mating connectors to power the fans.

Ideally want them to only run when reservoir coolant above a certain temp - but for now they are going on one of the aux switches.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? afc-80275pro_xl

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Liquid to air intercooler upgrade on the 2.0L. Just waiting on the mating connectors to power the fans.

Ideally want them to only run when reservoir coolant above a certain temp - but for now they are going on one of the aux switches.

Interested to see how this plays out. Anything that prompted the upgrade?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Aren't you the dude literally making his own turbo? C'mon man, build thread. I love this shit. Especially when people smarter than me are doing it. Lol.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Interested to see how this plays out. Anything that prompted the upgrade?
Even with the factory turbo it is well known that the ICT's can get pretty high as the liquid to air system just doesn't have a lot of heat rejection capacity - it is buried into the radiator stack.

I also have an improved turbo on the Jeep which did help the boost come on much sooner and make the heavy jeep a lot more fun to drive around town but the problem with more boost sooner is more heat for the liquid to air exchanger to reject.

We've been doing a bunch of test/tune on it we noticed that on longer drives the ICT's would creep up as the separate intercooler coolant system just could not reject the heat.

So this is the first step to get a proper heat exchanger into the system to bring that fluid temp down. Likely also add a larger reservoir and perhaps pump as well.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I wondered if this would work or not. thank you for taking the plunge!

Rubicon or Moab edition? Just want to be clear. I have wondered if the MOAB ones could be retrofitted. Thanks!
Mine are the Rubicon, but someone here did the moab ones and it works too. They are same lenght as JL Rubicon springs. Fronts are direct bolt-on, rear only need the top bushing to be changed to JL bushings. A few guys on here did it before me. That’s why I did it. So credit goes to them, not me. I can confirm that they ride super smooth compared to stock Rubi shocks.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
That is right about the moment I was shitting myself because that is the point of no return. Well worth the money all day!
Have to admit I priced a new set of tracks before making the cut, checked to ensure I had the template orientated correctly a few times despite the seat being upside down :) Best mod for this 6' 5" guy! I didn't use the front offsets, just one 1/4" spacer and it was just the right amount of change to make it comfortable.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Upgraded my steering stabilizer from a Fox 2.0 IFP to a Fox ATS.
how is it so far? Mine comes in today according to the tracking number with fedex but theyre always late LOL looks good

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
how is it so far? Mine comes in today according to the tracking number with fedex but theyre always late LOL looks good
There is a noticeable difference between the "regular" Fox 2.0 and the ATS. I have mine set at 12 clicks (about 50% of full setting) and it has reduced bump steer quite a bit.

The other thing that it seems to help is "recovery" from high winds. CO has some seriously strong winds on I-25 and the ATS helps retain the track when being pushed from the side.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

There is a noticeable difference between the "regular" Fox 2.0 and the ATS. I have mine set at 12 clicks (about 50% of full setting) and it has reduced bump steer quite a bit.

The other thing that it seems to help is "recovery" from high winds. CO has some seriously strong winds on I-25 and the ATS helps retain the track when being pushed from the side.
Thank you for the feed back. I am swapping from the factory to the ATS after moving up to 35's i find the jeep is wandering more than it used to. Thanks!

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Spent the better part of last night and about an hour this morning on trying to get my MXT275 installed. Yesterday I made a little exterior to interior power harness for anything I want switched off the aux, PITA but I got it about 75% squared away. The hang up since then has been getting the MXT275 to even power on. I had it all wired up and plugged away, but when I hit the power on the mic, the LCD doesn't light up, and the buttons gave me no response. I could tell the base was getting SOMETHING, as any time I flipped power to it from the aux or pressed and held the power button on the mic, I got feedback noise. This morning I tore it all out and ran the power harness to the 12v, removing the inline fuse and then finally the quick connector even, still no joy. Midland should be sending me a new mic, but I'm still hesitant to button it all back up until I know for sure the mic is the issue...

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
That is right about the moment I was shitting myself because that is the point of no return. Well worth the money all day!
Damn right lol!

After installing them there was plenty of room for error, but the initial pucker factor is quite high.

Time to invest is some high quality drill bits, drilling the 4 3/8" holes was the hardest part.

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Overland (UK spec)
Today I righted a wrong and got rid of the last bits of silver/chrome on my Jeep 👍

Never used plastidip before (it's really rare here in the UK) but after six coats and left to dry for a few hours I'm happy with the results.

Only time will tell if it's durable enough to withstand the British weather :rain:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 488C0F8A-3CC5-44CC-AC90-99D852B02117

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C8AB4D07-10F7-4D1C-996B-C5DC088CC60D

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C0E0364C-614D-4A14-9689-1724B29C33A9

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? CF22354D-9E17-42DA-B3F9-7DE920C41583

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Swapped the factory wheels with 392 take off wheels.

19A5A744-A98E-4388-83C6-CEC07D1C9ED1.jpeg