What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
Ordered 2 driver and 2 passenger seat track inserts. I'll install one now each side and have the others in the glovebox for backup. I move the driver seat all the time.

And ordered fender clips, especially since the 2 batteries are getting old. I like being ready.

Last edited:

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Overland (UK spec)
Added a Mopar auxiliary switchbank
What was the installation like @earthgirl? How long did it take? Any tips? Any major stumbling blocks?

I'm watching one of these kits on eBay at the moment but the installation time is kinda putting me off a bit.

I don't have a garage so would have to install it on the driveway outside.

And I have the UK weather to contend with 🙈

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Which bracket is that? I am about to buy the Grimm mount but I'd prefer it higher in the bay.

Thanks!
813 Fabrication

I is a two piece mount and all the holes are slotted for adjustment so it’s a bit “fiddly” getting it just right but otherwise seams solid. Check it out on YouTube.

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
What was the installation like @earthgirl? How long did it take? Any tips? Any major stumbling blocks?

I'm watching one of these kits on eBay at the moment but the installation time is kinda putting me off a bit.

I would not advise doing it yourself. After watching the installation videos and after seeing that you have to have the dealer flash it afterwards, I just had the dealer install and even they had issues. Supposedly the switch bank that was ordered was bad. But they were able to get another in town so everything is good. My husband and I installed the lights.

yellolab

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 718 Boxster, Hydro Blue 2 door
Occupation
sales
I put the 37s on. My Clayton's lift isn't coming for a few more weeks but I didn't want the tires just sitting around. 37 KM3s on Venomrex 501s.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A1EAC8DF-BA22-43FC-B15C-FA004B833B61
Sorry the the old bump, but are those wheels Tungsten graphite? they look GREAT against the blue.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab

I did it myself with little experience. It took me around 5-6 hours and I went really, really slowly to figure out each step. Someone that knows what they are doing should be able to install it in under 2 hours.

There are some threads on here and videos on youtube that explain it in pretty good detail. There are a couple of gotchas you have to be careful with if you do it yourself:
  • Getting through the firewall via the gasket with the wire bundle takes patience. I would suggest you do it by removing the fuse panel and going at it from the top. (There is a thread on here explaining how to do that). The wire bundle has no tape or other covering between the inner and outer gaskets and you can snag a wire if you are unlucky. The gasket has a nipple you can cut at the top to pass the wires through and that should make it easier. I did it the via the bottom/wheel well and that took me a good chunk of time.
  • During the install you need to remove the orange wire and add a connection in the middle. I had a hard time getting this unclipped since the videos don't seem to show you how. (You'll know what I'm talking about if you look at the instructions.)
  • You add the wires to the final connector that plugs in the back. Ensure you have the right orientation and the proper colored wires. It is easy but I could see how it would be easy to connect in the wrong orientation.
After install, you need to get them activated via the dealer or a third party tool.

Everything is done in the engine bay or the footwell. If you need to take a break you can always close everything up and return later to continue.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Installed the MORE oil/tranny skid. Directions are not that great, but it is fairly straightforward. Only issue I had was the drivers side bracket needed the mount drilled out to fit the bolt through. Takes longer to tighten up those brackets mounted to the engine mounts than the rest of the install!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F402B881-01F4-4E7D-8F5F-E4C003F5846A
I've noticed this looks thinner at the rear than a lot of others. What pros/cons do you see from that? maybe more driveshaft clearance but less coverage for exhaust?
Not sure how protected the exhaust is by other ones.
Do you feel it protects the transmission coolant lines ok or would wider skid cover them better.
thanks

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Sorry the the old bump, but are those wheels Tungsten graphite? they look GREAT against the blue.

Yeah "Tungsten Graphite" Venomrex 501s. I love them as well. Saw them on this site and had to have them lol.

Clayster

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 392
Teraflex alpha HD spare mount added, works beautifully, just high enough to fix parksense sensor, but low enough to maintain visibility, and it fits really tight against the vehicle so even with 4.53” backspace I am using the factory bumps

also like the taillight relocation

also added a fox steering stabilizer and love that the Jeep now feels solid and actually seems to have picked up turning radius

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F402B881-01F4-4E7D-8F5F-E4C003F5846A

"also like the taillight relocation" did you run the mopar parts tail light relocation, or a different manufacturer? Do you have a link/part #'s for either/or?

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
"also like the taillight relocation" did you run the mopar parts tail light relocation, or a different manufacturer? Do you have a link/part #'s for either/or?
the teraflex mount relocates the light, nothing else needed

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited: