What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I took my Jeep for my last free oil change and tire rotation (five quarts and five-tire rotation even with my non-stock tires & wheels).

I walked around while waiting and saw this beauty:

:bandit:

The sticker had a ”Built for…” name on it. I wonder if they changed their mind.
Probably try to charge a markup, when most was probably willing to pay MSRP at most... That’s how I was with the Bronco and put a deposit down with a dealer I been doing business with for years. Then they hit me with a markup of $5,000, plus dealer fees and crap. I told them to shove it and bought a Jeep, plus I was able to have it now.

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
I took my Jeep for my last free oil change and tire rotation (five quarts and five-tire rotation even with my non-stock tires & wheels).

9C328493-9750-4CD7-9B96-966C639C000A-X3.jpg

B3720D38-F66D-492F-8FC1-CEC6A7574C77-X3.jpg

$900 for that protection package, better be made of solid gold.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door

9C328493-9750-4CD7-9B96-966C639C000A-X3.jpg

B3720D38-F66D-492F-8FC1-CEC6A7574C77-X3.jpg

My favorite parts:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EE5497A8-508A-4E6E-AC0C-0EE85C50B4A1
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9C21B968-02AD-400B-ACB1-D5EA8C7C5023

Makes me even more proud of the deal I was able to get on my JL Freedom Edition back in June!👍

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Got my new Paramount inner fenders, figure I would tackle the rears... I previously had the fronts off for my air compressor, have to say those are way easier. I went through all my spare white plastic clips (painted them black) for this fender, have to wait for more to come in and I’m thinking I may order more.

I’m also thinking I will paint the inside all matte black where there sting gray is.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 65AD6D46-1AA0-42DB-B8F8-F396B72F7206
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 65AD6D46-1AA0-42DB-B8F8-F396B72F7206

EDIT:
Passenger side has full tank including in that measurement. So it sits almost a half inch lower on that side.
What rear bumper do you have?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
What rear bumper do you have?
Road Armor, I don’t recommend them... Long story short, my step father and I ordered a set of bumpers with all the fixings for my Jeep and his Ram at the same time (easily spent $6k or so between the both of us). There’s a night and day difference in quality between our bumpers, doesn’t even seem like they are from the same factory. If they are, then they are not consistent with quality between workers/products. His bumpers, the welds look very clean with almost no weld splatter; my bumpers has tons of weld splatter thats been powder coated over, plus tooling marks. Both bumpers seem to chip and rust really easy, so much for the ”5 Stage Premium Powder Coating“. This is disappointing, considering both of our vehicles sit for weeks at a time (we both travel for work).

My front bumper was sent without hardware and communication was poor, almost non existent trying to get the hardware sent… Even when reaching out to the owner I was ignored, but his employee made it a point to let me know his boss made him call. When I disputed the charge, suddenly the hardware was sent and I dropped the dispute. Also the Rotorpax fuel carrier was not useable, it was putting pressure marks on the tire and I did not trust it long term.

I also noticed this today inside the tire carrier,
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B6644F26-35C0-4432-B915-5D8A9C8D672A

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Road Armor, I don’t recommend them... Long story short, my step father and I ordered a set of bumpers with all the fixings for my Jeep and his Ram at the same time (easily spent $6k or so between the both of us). There’s a night and day difference in quality between our bumpers, doesn’t even seem like they are from the same factory. If they are, then they are not consistent with quality between workers/products. His bumpers, the welds look very clean with almost no weld splatter; my bumpers has tons of weld splatter thats been powder coated over, plus tooling marks. Both bumpers seem to chip and rust really easy, so much for the ”5 Stage Premium Powder Coating“. This is disappointing, considering both of our vehicles sit for weeks at a time (we both travel for work).

My front bumper was sent without hardware and communication was poor, to non existent trying to get the hardware sent… Even when reaching out to the owner I was ignored, but his employee made it a point to let me know his boss made him call. When I disputed the charge, suddenly the hardware was sent and I dropped the dispute. Also the Rotorpax fuel carrier was not useable, it was putting pressure marks in the tire and I did not trust it long term.

I also noticed this today inside the tire carrier,
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B6644F26-35C0-4432-B915-5D8A9C8D672A
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. That does suck about their quality. That’s horrible! Wow

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. That does suck about their quality. That’s horrible! Wow
They do look good though from a distance and probably very sturdy... If I done it again, I would go AEV or ARB. I have a set of ARB sliders waiting to be installed, when I brave up for the body mounts… But those sliders are gorgeous.

Reactions: LCW

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
It was a little late in the day to start this project, but got the steel bumper and skid mounted. Maybe tomorrow we go stubby.

What do you mean by "and skid"?
My Sport S has a plastic "air dam" that I think can double as a plastic skid plate.

AvengerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Unlimited
What do you mean by "and skid"?
My Sport S has a plastic "air dam" that I think can double as a plastic skid plate.
You can’t see it, but the Mopar steel skid is mounted underneath. The plastic Sport skid doesn’t fit the Rubi bumper.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
You can’t see it, but the Mopar steel skid is mounted underneath. The plastic Sport skid doesn’t fit the Rubi bumper.
Thank you! That is what I have been trying to find out!

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
$900 for that protection package, better be made of solid gold.
Seriously. The protection guards are things you can get on Amazon for cheap.

Let's not gloss over that $2500 gps tracking system, unreal what people will spend money on.
They had that on all their vehicles. They also had a $15k ADM on a Grand Wagoneer, which was beautiful.

I didn’t buy my Jeep there. The sales guy laughed when I said I wanted a 2-door soft top Rubicon. “Nobody gets those!” ugh, don’t need that attitude. (My first Jeep was a 2-door Rubi) Thankfully, their service department has been a lot better.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Did the stock cable to the camera reach or did you replace it?
It reaches, plus some. Probably another feet of wire. I thought about drilling a hole and running the wire through the bumper, but didn’t want to search for a grommet to protect the wire. I will probably still do that at some point.