What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
looks good, I believe another jeeper(can't remember where I saw it) put quickfist in place of those rubber stoppers at the top and mouted a shovel or a pick axe

edit: @Jeep Generation has it in the install video on the trailrax post https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/meet-the-trailrax-pak-rax-system.62873/post-1689880
Thank you. I watched that video, and it helped. The Trailrax system has evolved a couple times since that video was made, but the general layout is the same — at least I assume it’s the same, although I can’t figure out why it would be designed with a bumper/spacer on top that gets nowhere near the glass or the Jeep top, no matter what you load on it. I think I’d feel more confident if that bumper was sized and positioned to contact the Jeep like the bottom one does, because I think would reduce flex and vibration.

I may try the quickfist mount. I like the idea.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0448

Installed the Hooke Road tube doors. Mostly! There's absolutely no way the door check straps were going to work. It seems like a manufacturing error of some sort, so I'll be following up with them to figure out my next step. But other than that, the doors DO fit and seem to work out quite well.

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
Finally got my front finished with Rugged Ridge Venator bumper, Warn VR Evo 10s winch, Factor 55 Ultra hook and Badlands D-rings. Love how it turned out and only dropped my front end .5 inches.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0448
Lol! I just did the same install today!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220320_183807

Really pleased with how it turned out.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I watched that video, and it helped. The Trailrax system has evolved a couple times since that video was made, but the general layout is the same — at least I assume it’s the same, although I can’t figure out why it would be designed with a bumper/spacer on top that gets nowhere near the glass or the Jeep top, no matter what you load on it. I think I’d feel more confident if that bumper was sized and positioned to contact the Jeep like the bottom one does, because I think would reduce flex and vibration.

I may try the quickfist mount. I like the idea.
I agree, couldn't figure out the upper bumpers either. I was going to do the quick fist mod but my shovel isn't full size

Wrangler JL 360

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my cavfab tire carrier installed that I ordered on black Friday. I had it powder coated flat black to try and match the aftermarket steel bumpers and rock rails, it's pretty close! Super happy to have the spare put of the back of the Jeep and on to the tire carrier. Still have my diff covers and diff skids to install, just waiting for the weather to warm up a little more before I do them because I will potting my sensors at the same.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220320_150635
What’s your license plate holder ?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

Kray

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F198654677

Has anyone installed the EVO500 CAI by Injen? https://injen.com/i-30498666?q=

I have a 3.6 with eTorque and according to the "Notes" section it says " Does not fit on eTorque Models ".

I called Injen and the guy checked with their tech people. Came back and said tech guy told him "they did not install and test it on an eTorque engine, therefore they cannot confirm fit". All the suppliers list it as working with all 2021 3.6L engines.

Thanks for any input!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
F198654677.jpg

Has anyone installed the EVO500 CAI by Injen? https://injen.com/i-30498666?q=

I have a 3.6 with eTorque and according to the "Notes" section it says " Does not fit on eTorque Models ".

I called Injen and the guy checked with their tech people. Came back and said tech guy told him "they did not install and test it on an eTorque engine, therefore they cannot confirm fit". All the suppliers list it as working with all 2021 3.6L engines.

Thanks for any input!
A quick search revealed this gentleman just installed an Injen CAI. Perhaps he can add some context.

Paging @JP29