What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
Installed a Mopar receiver hitch on my '21 JLUR 4xe and realized that no one really makes a wiring harness for it yet. Went to my trailer guy and he did some calling around and found the same issue. Talked to Quadratec and they said the same thing. So I'm just ordering their JL harness and hoping it works since it seems that it has worked for others on this forum. Oh, also ordered the LOD Destroyer rock sliders from Quadratec.
Did you see Northridge is doing 10% off LOD items?

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
I installed some rubi rails on the JT while in deep thought trying to figure out which Jeep is mine and which is the wife’s.

bohnster

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude GCM
Occupation
Bourbon Taster
Changed to Beadlocks (Roadkill 9302 Race Beadlock), but unfortunately this style doesn't have a centercap. Not an issue as they're designed this way, but had a bunch of comments that they looked unfinished. I've seen other forum comments from folks looking for 71.5mm inserts and unfortunately my search wasn't much better as I came up empty handed as well.

So talked to a bud of mine ([email protected]) here in FL who has an awesome custom metalworks business, and he jumped in, generated some drawings and milled up some inserts. (www.colonialmetalworks.com)

Awesome job from Chris as I'm SUPER happy with them, and the finished product now gives that "clean look".

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20220206_195111503.MP_2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20220206_195111503.MP_2

Never been a huge fan of a white color for any vehicle but that looks great! Like those wheels!

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I installed some rubi rails on the JT while in deep thought trying to figure out which Jeep is mine and which is the wife’s.
I’m confused as to whether I should be jealous of you because your wife has a jeep too or thankful I don’t have twice the mods to install and pay for.

Last edited:

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Installed a Mopar receiver hitch on my '21 JLUR 4xe and realized that no one really makes a wiring harness for it yet. Went to my trailer guy and he did some calling around and found the same issue. Talked to Quadratec and they said the same thing. So I'm just ordering their JL harness and hoping it works since it seems that it has worked for others on this forum. Oh, also ordered the LOD Destroyer rock sliders from Quadratec.
The harnesses I've seen all use the tail lights...which should be the same on the 4xe.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Installed a Mopar receiver hitch on my '21 JLUR 4xe and realized that no one really makes a wiring harness for it yet. Went to my trailer guy and he did some calling around and found the same issue.

Talked to Quadratec and they said the same thing. So I'm just ordering their JL harness and hoping it works...
If you route the red 12V power wire from aft to fore, as the harness instructions will likely require, consider purchasing some heavy duty zip ties beforehand. You'll only want to crawl around under the Jeep once for that job. The proximity of the harness to the exhaust in some places, to say nothing of the constant exposure to road detritus, is such that the thin ties included with my Quadratec harness seemed well under-specc'd. for the job.

I also wrapped the harness in Super 88 electrical tape prior to installation. This has been my go-to when dealing with any plastic corrugated wiring loom.

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
and found some stage green half doors a few weeks ago. I finally had time to install and adjust them today. Might still need to tweak the uppers a little. But so far so good. Now I really really need the premium soft top lol. Doesn’t quite match. Oh well. I have a few other things I want to do before I worry about that.

A45BDE56-B47C-443F-B7CB-3FF225B32CFE.jpeg

7F8AFC77-DBD1-406B-ABB9-443FAB90AB9E.jpeg

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
Looks good! Your tan soft top has me salivating lol, wish they made getting one after the fact a bit easier. On my list this summer
Thanks. The tan top is what drew my eye last year when I drove onto the dealer's lot.

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I was tempted to buy these smoked lights too. Interesting that you didn't find them bright enough.

Just the running lights? Or the brake lights too?
My wife borrowed my Jeep one day last week. As I watched her drive away, I really didn't like the brightness of the brake lights. It was a cloudy day, I could only imagine it would be even worse on a sunny day. Same for the running lights.

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
Safety and security today. Added locking hood latches and locking gas cap with new fuel door. People are back to stealing gas and engine bay parts. Slow them down, encourage them to move on. Next is a ceiling-mounted dual camera.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Hood lock
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? New fuel door
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Locking ca

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
Safety and security today. Added locking hood latches and locking gas cap with new fuel door. People are back to stealing gas and engine bay parts. Slow them down, encourage them to move on. Next is a ceiling-mounted dual camera.
which hood lock is that?