calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a rear seat recline kit. It made an appreciable difference.
Which kit did you use? Is it enough of a difference to be worth the purchase/install? I’ve been considering this for mine

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Installed the defroster 5/8" vent plugs from Amazon as it begins to snow in Mid TN yet again. Have some nice airlfow on the edges now and didn't even know it was a "problem" until I read it here. Thanks, forum.
PXL_20220129_194515188.MP (1).jpg
Can you share a link? I was not able to find it on Amazon.

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Which kit did you use? Is it enough of a difference to be worth the purchase/install? I’ve been considering this for mine
I don't ride back there, but the before and after sitting test felt definitely noticeable. I at the price of the kit it's definitely not a risky trial. Took about 20 minutes with the help of a cordless impact. The seat tilts up noticeably and you feel like you are seated into the seat now and don't have the feeling that you're gonna have you butt slide forward. The top edge of the back seat went back about 1.5" roughly and feels like you're a little more laid back but not enough that you have to hold your head up/forward.
I'm happy with it for the price. You do have to loosen up the three bolts that are up at the back of the base under the gap cover for when you fold the seats down. A combination wrench, 15mm I think, that has the box end as a flex ratchet can get into the bolt heads with a little prying up of the cover and loosen the bolt(1) & nuts (2) one ratchet click at a time. They don't need much loosening. The instructions with this kit don't mention loosening these back three bolts but I watched a Youtube video on installing one of these kits that did this. I attempted the install without loosening these three upper back bolts but you can't pry the base up enough to get the thinner spacers in.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B077TNNT9S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The diesel has a nice setup for the aux battery. Just remove the main battery and there is a panel below it held be 2 screws. The fuse box isn’t touched
That would be an improvement for sure! I did notice some different locations when I popped the hood on the Diesel I took for a drive.

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
technically yesterday, but I made a mess.

as a first mod I decided to install the Oracle reverse light without realizing how involved it can get.

First, I didnt find a way to install the lights without taking the steel bumper with Tow package
So took out the bumper, the 2nd bolt on top is a bitch to get out - mostly because I dont have a offset wrench. anyway.

* test fitted everything - I got the harness as well, and it fits and works from Oracle
* During the test fitting, I managed to drop and loose one of the screws that attaches the light to the bumper lol. So a home depot run is in order
* The Oracle lights has a manufacturing date of Aug 21, one side still doesnt fit the steel bumper - I have to take a Dremel tool to that light

Yeah - so everything is open and spread all over the garage lol

while, things are open, I found out that there is a plate to install a right side tow hook in my Rubi. can anyone confirm if 68531164AA would fit the passenger side?

this is my first Jeep and just started wrenching on this.. lots of learning ahead

EDIT: called the parts department and they confirmed MOPAR doesnt have one for the right side. cancelled the order

Last edited:

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Hey, I have the same idea for mine. Would you care to share more about this install? mount plate used, other mods required to make it work, clearance issues etc.?
Yeah, I hope to have it all finished this week. I’ll post them and tag ya.