First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Wanted to install these new Lil toys. But it's too cold and too wet outside. Plus I like the attention I get installing things under the beautiful Florida sun.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20220122_120450
So I will wait.

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Really cool idea.... I am not familiar with that module.. however, I am a fan of LadyAda and Adafruit... question.. how do you power the unit? are you going to feed it with USB 5V .. or are you going to provide your own separate source of power?
I wanted to do this...I have a couple of the 100watt capable exterior speakers from emergency vehicles...I just wanted the air horn sound...but with a cheap sound module and apparently, a cheaper 100watt amp...it was pretty lame...so I scrapped it....trying to find the actual driver unit with amp from an emergency vehicle was too pricey...I'm still looking though...It worked, but the output wasn't worth the effort. Good luck....

WaldorfJL

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Did my first oil change with the valvomax oil plug adapter...piece of cake...then rotated the tires. Good saturday morning at 26 degrees.

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
Installed Steersmarts, tie-rod, draglink, and steering stabilzer, and already had their track-bar. I also installed the Dynatrack HD balljoints, and Teraflex sway bar disconnects. The tie-rod was really hard to torque, but finally got it.

Very happy! No more death wobble and sloppy steering, everything is rock solid. I can't wait to go back to the North Georgia mountains to try it out.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1BB28078-0FFF-4FEF-9BB6-CD5A7641689E
looking very solid upfront! I have the same Arcus bumper, what skid plate is that under the bumper?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Finally my Method dbl standard wheels came in. Took it to my local America’s tire to pick-up and install the wheels. Love the bronze with GC paint

7E6E5207-DED4-4FAA-BF9A-66641FA71D2A.jpeg

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
View attachment 557597 Finally installed my hidden winch. That's a Smittybuilt H2O gen 2 tucked entirely in the front factory bumper.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got time to put the ACE rock rail / steps on. Patience and a blow torch motivated the body bolts off without incident :rock:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5085

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5085
Congratulations on the body bolt removal! It’s a big moment when you get the last one out if you know the risks before going in. I agree the torch helps quite a bit. Slow, steady, and hot wins the race against brittle body bolts coated in red loctite.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Wanted to install these new Lil toys. But it's too cold and too wet outside. Plus I like the attention I get installing things under the beautiful Florida sun.
20220122_120450.jpg
So I will wait.
Those “badass girl” badges are cool in a fun, jeepy-female-empowering way. 👍. Good on ya!
But there’s no equivalent badge like that for boys. Like for me, can I get an equivalently appropriate badge that reads, “driven by a wimpy welp of a man”? 😂. Not all men are as badass as you are, not me anyway lol
…or at least a “driven by an average dude” badge, maybe? 😂

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
Congratulations on the body bolt removal! It’s a big moment when you get the last one out if you know the risks before going in. I agree the torch helps quite a bit. Slow, steady, and hot wins the race against brittle body bolts coated in red loctite.
I put it off for more than a month, debating if I should do it or not after reading the horror stories. Had I gone in blind, I probably would have broken something, but knowing what was in front of me and what it would take to fix a mistake made me pretty nervous!

In the end, install was pretty easy. Use a torch, take your time, and don’t be afraid to to do a lot of “in and out” to clean the threads.