What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
111E5344-4844-4D36-9887-4E683E4153DC.jpeg
53A71FE5-06D9-4A24-934D-34B899B3526C.jpeg
Installed American Adventure Lab Molle door panels. Simply cut out the nets, hold panel to door screw in self tapping screws. All 4 doors took maybe 15 mins. You have cut the nets out and can’t take the bezel off - it’s all integrated. Jeep “could” of made the net bezel removable but they didn’t. If you wanted to replace just the nets you’ll have to order a whole new door panel. $$$. There’s some flex to it. If I had to improve upon it I would add a 1/4 x 1/4 inch square bezel along the bottom profile to give a little more space.
But still better than those darn saggy nets.
Those look awesome. I'm just not convinced I like the fact at losing the net portion. I would love to see a hybrid version of these made from net that doesn't deform from a balled up piece of Kleenex. Also, rigid mounts and self tapping screws into plastic makes me grind my teeth.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Those look awesome. I'm just not convinced I like the fact at losing the net portion. I would love to see a hybrid version of these made from net that doesn't deform from a balled up piece of Kleenex. Also, rigid mounts and self tapping screws into plastic makes me grind my teeth.
I hear you. My nets were trashed after 1 yr with kids in the Jeep. The Molle panels are really solid. I did a hard tug test. I think the stock plastic bezel is pretty thick.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I hear you. My nets were trashed after 1 yr with kids in the Jeep. The Molle panels are really solid. I did a hard tug test. I think the stock plastic bezel is pretty thick.
That's great to hear. Mine are as floppy as (insert age appropriate simile here) and I like hearing theyre solid. How long were the screws?

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
That's great to hear. Mine are as floppy as (insert age appropriate simile here) and I like hearing theyre solid. How long were the screws?
Lol. I think they were 1 inch. Definitely long enough. I actually had to push harder on the drill than I thought I would. Just make sure drill is set on torque for screws and ease it in.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Lol. I think they were 1 inch. Definitely long enough. I actually had to push harder on the drill than I thought I would. Just make sure drill is set on torque for screws and ease it in.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? thats-what-she-said

....can't.......help.......myself.......

Lol, cheers man, looks awesome.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I painted my inserts Ocean Blue to match the Jeep and then swapped them to a Granite Crystal Metallic grille. Whadayathink?

I also have the OEM gloss black grille and I also need to repaint my satin black grille. I could always swap the blue inserts to one of those grills if the granite crystal doesn’t feel right…. Or swap my dark grey Rubi inserts into the granite crystal grey grille - Decisions… Decisions!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 22AF7161-EA99-4C54-957E-4C65FE5AEB63
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 734378AE-9349-4078-A6A8-DCA544531F91

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Thor got some side steps today! Mopar standard JL side steps with textured surface for traction. They look and function great. Thor is now also sporting some standard Mopar locking lugs. These I‘m going to have to get used to. They‘re long and stick out more than the standard lugs. Not crazy about the look, and the pic doesn’t really show how off they look. But I guess it’s better than stolen wheels.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3385
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3386
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3390

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thor got some side steps today! Mopar standard JL side steps with textured surface for traction. They look and function great. Thor is now also sporting some standard Mopar locking lugs. These I‘m going to have to get used to. They‘re long and stick out more than the standard lugs. Not crazy about the look, and the pic doesn’t really show how off they look. But I guess it’s better than stolen wheels.

They don't do anything against theft. Moreso if they actually want it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed American Adventure Lab Molle door panels. Simply cut out the nets, hold panel to door screw in self tapping screws. All 4 doors took maybe 15 mins. You have cut the nets out and can’t take the bezel off - it’s all integrated. Jeep “could” of made the net bezel removable but they didn’t. If you wanted to replace just the nets you’ll have to order a whole new door panel. $$$. There’s some flex to it. If I had to improve upon it I would add a 1/4 x 1/4 inch square bezel along the bottom profile to give a little more space.
But still better than those darn saggy nets.
Man, I really don't hate that!