First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you find these in stock recently?
Hi, unfortunately no, I ordered them early November and they finally came in (yeah..!). They fit perfectly. (I was going to post on the "for sale forum" as I have another set still in the box unopened)

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I put a lot of additional weatherstripping on my driver side door and stuffed some rags (just to test the theory) between the jeep frame and Ursa Minor top… HUGE difference. I can believe how much more quiet it is. I can now hear the passengers side over the drivers side that is right next to my ear.

I also cut up a plastic bumper for a stealth winch build. This photo is a Smitty Built H2O tucked entirely in the bumper, with room to spare. Once installed with the little plastic piece that covers the gap, you wouldn’t even know a winch is there at all.

image.jpg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@iddpaul
What cargo net are you using? I tried to repurpose a Honda net that I had on hand, but the dimensions are too far off.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I prepped to remove my Tazer from The Grinch and switch over to JSCAN by setting up all of the software, upgrading the firmware on the OBDLINK module, and adding the license.

Went smooth as glass and will make the change tomorrow.

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a Clayton Off-Road 2.5" Overland+ lift and RK no limits sway bar links on the 392XR. Did the install by myself in the garage. It took me 2 full days plus a couple of hours last night to get it finished so don't feel bad if you don't get it done in the 8hrs others claim! I ordered SAE Tekton crowfoots in the jam nut sizes listed in the Clayton instructions and both were too small. I wonder if the metric equivalents would work or if the Tektons are just smaller than advertised.

I made steady progress on the install until I got to the passenger side rear spring. The dual-rate Clayton was long enough that when I got the axle drooped enough height-wise the spring was contacting and attempting to bend around the gas tank. An externally mounted spring compressor would have made the job easy but where is the fun in that!? Lots of failed methods and even one install of the spring upsidedown made for a long Sunday afternoon. I finally triumphed and the driver side took less than 10min afterward.

I'm using the Clayton recommended lengths currently and I'm not going to bother measuring caster angles until the springs settle to their final height. I got the jam nuts as tight as I could with my 16" adjustable wrench but they are nowhere near as tight as I could have got them with the 250ft-lb torque wrench which is significantly longer.

Today I played the "Is that a crosswind or does my draglink need further adjustment?" game and started on the compression clicker settings for on-road driving with the Fox 2.5DSCs.

My 392XR only had about 3" of up-travel from the factory and I installed this lift specifically to increase that up-travel. After one day of driving around the lift has added 2" of up-travel to my Jeep. If it stays above 1" of additional travel after spring settling I'll be happy.

I have a small drainage notch on my property that I can drive across that would harshly bottom the stock suspension and softly bottom the Fox 2.5DSCs at full high-speed compression clickers. There is also some secret double-track not too far from my house that serves as "off-road" testing without driving to the local OHVs. The 5" of up-travel that the lift has provided has transformed this Jeep when the pavement ends. "Did I break something?" bump stop hits are now marshmallow middle of the travel non-events. I now feel as though the suspension matches the personality of the engine. I'll save my full review until I get a couple of hundred miles on the highway and a few days off-road but I am very happy with my initial driving impressions.

Control arms, photos do no justice to the difference from stock.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG-0837

Mid process. First time in my life I truly needed both bottle jacks and the floor jack simultaneously.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG-0835

Pre-lift up-travel. The oil marks represent the full up-travel available after many bottom-out events at Hidden Falls Adventure Park with fellow forum members.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG-0832

Post-lift shock measurement of the same shock. A solid 2" increase. Would love to end up around 1.5" over stock after settling.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG-0861

Pre-lift side shot.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG-0528

Post lift shots.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG-0862

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG-0860

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I prepped to remove my Tazer from The Grinch and switch over to JSCAN by setting up all of the software, upgrading the firmware on the OBDLINK module, and adding the license.

Went smooth as glass and will make the change tomorrow.
Why switching ?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Why switching ?
A few reasons:

1. I don't really like the idea of having to leave something connected.
2. I have some warranty work coming up and it is a hassle having to disconnect/unmarry it--which means it loses the axle ratio and tire size.
3. For the things that I use the Tazer for, the JSCAN is more than adequate.
4. I want my changes written "permanently" to the PCM as opposed to being "hosted" in an add-on device.
5. Last, but certainly not least, I positively despise the Tazer menu functionality and operation. The JSCAN menu is totally straightforward and logical. Tazer reminds me of Nintendo Contra with it's Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, A, B similarity to move through the menu.

Last edited:

bbuck7777

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon Unlimited Turbo
I put a lot of additional weatherstripping on my driver side door and stuffed some rags (just to test the theory) between the jeep frame and Ursa Minor top… HUGE difference. I can believe how much more quiet it is. I can now hear the passengers side over the drivers side that is right next to my ear.

Can you provide more details on what you have done? I have put up with a lot of wind noise from day one and dealer said it is a Jeep.