What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I bought a piece of trim off Amazon and painted it. Didn't think there was anything else I could paint and install.... WRONG...

pic 1.jpg

Pic 3.jpg
Link to part? Also, did you paint the dash pieces or are they just "covers" from Amazon that you painted?

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I dug out an old tank-mounted, infrared propane heater, blew the dust and cobwebs out of it, and finally got it burning. I put the Jeep up on ramps, and aimed the heater at the undercarriage as much as possible. Once the massive amounts of ice I picked up on the trail started dripping a little, I ran a hose from my water heater drain valve out to the end of the driveway. My water heater is apparently so clogged with sediment that it can't drain with enough pressure to mean anything, so I had to drag the hose back outside, and hook it up to the faucet. Then I sprayed just above freezing water all over everything for two hours, while I held a MAP gas torch in the stream, trying to heat it up a little, to make the ice melt faster.

This SUCKED.

So why did I do this? Because when I left for work today, I finally realized that my inability to turn left on the trail the other day wasn't due to slipping in the snow. It was due to ice accumulation on the front suspension! I only had about 1/3 as much left turning ability as I should have. Massive under-steer to the left. Extremely dangerous. Extremely scary.

I guess I won't go wheel the Trail of Two Hundred Mud Holes in the winter anymore. It was great fun to do, but I don't have a heated garage, and there is no way I could build one. I don't have any practical way to deal with that much ice accumulation on the steering components, and not being able to turn really sucks!

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Link to part? Also, did you paint the dash pieces or are they just "covers" from Amazon that you painted?
Heres amazon listings for similar items I bought on amazon and painted for my kiddos jeep.
Screenshot_20220105-082732_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20220105-082713_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Lightguy

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon Sting Grey
Started my cargo light upgrade. I wanted to add light but wanted it to not look like an add-on.
Step 1 cut in the extrusion. Went well, lots of clearance internally its not even close to the rear wiper mech. The plan for step 2 is add a switch on the right side of the housing (not here yet) I will drill that after it arrives. Step 3 is fish wires along side the wires that power the wiper Into the hardtop & have a quick connect where the rear wiper disconnects are. I will get power from the back side of the 12V plug in the cargo area. I haven’t decided if to paint the extrusion black or leave it aluminum.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3791

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3792

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Oracle? I got an email stating the transaction had processed, no tracking or anything though.
Yes. The lights are being released (shipped) in batches, according to their original order date. I pre-ordered as soon as the promotion was announced in November, so for once I'm at the front of the line. :)

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yes. The lights are being released (shipped) in batches, according to their original order date. I pre-ordered as soon as the promotion was announced in November, so for once I'm at the front of the line. :)
Ya, I saw their announcement. I originally wanted to order with whoever did the first pre order but they literally just stopped answering my emails about shipping to Canada so I ended contacting Oracle directly and gave them my money instead. I hope they're as awesome as they look.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I bought a piece of trim off Amazon and painted it. Didn't think there was anything else I could paint and install.... WRONG...

question... how do all of your ducks stay in place. I have one duck up on my dash and he rolls around a lot lol

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport

This may not be helpful for you since it appears you have already started with the Mopar paint and may want to stick with it for all of your interior stuff. But I also added some similar trim (speakers and dome lights) and assuming that is Hella Yella, I found that Rustoleum's Golden Sunset is a very close match and is much cheaper. I wouldn't say it's exact, but it's very close and with the way Hella Yella looks slightly different depending on how the light hits it, you can't really tell the difference.

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Removed rear plastic bumper so when the ups truck gets here i can install my trailer hitch and wiring harness.

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
Removed rear plastic bumper so when the ups truck gets here i can install my trailer hitch and wiring harness.
Are you installing the Mopar hitch and harness? If so you don't need to remove the bumper. The new harness doesn't even require taking apart the interior.

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
This may not be helpful for you since it appears you have already started with the Mopar paint and may want to stick with it for all of your interior stuff. But I also added some similar trim (speakers and dome lights) and assuming that is Hella Yella, I found that Rustoleum's Golden Sunset is a very close match and is much cheaper. I wouldn't say it's exact, but it's very close and with the way Hella Yella looks slightly different depending on how the light hits it, you can't really tell the difference.
Thank you for the heads up... Speaker Trim(s) were on of my first mods, But I will keep that in mind as the Trim on the wheels is in need of some touch ups, so thinking quick sand and new layers. We also need to give the dome light a look. Thanks for the cost savings. I owe you a beer.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
I was able to avoid removing the bumper with this ridiculous frankentool amalgamation of a screwdriver and socket extensions. Literally a 10 minute job with this. Of course I first spent much more than 10 minutes trying to get up in there with conventional tools. They aren’t easy to get to.

link please