What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

kilian73

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR (ordered 11/4)
Installed one of my Christmas presents....Taking a little to get accustomed to something being there with a minimal amount of obstruction of view. My only real complaint is that because of the design of the iPhone 12 with the buttons on the side, have to position the phone with at least 1/2 of it above the top of the grasping side plates (at least the on/off button and volume/ringer up/down button) otherwise they will stay compressed/depressed and phone screen either stays on or the ringer volume gets turned all the way down.

Install was simple and good quality workmanship.

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

This works well with bulletpoint and magsafe.

https://coursemotorsports.com/colle...wireless-induction-charger-magsafe-compatible

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
It only ends up costing $232,000 when you pay it off. It's not a bad deal, huh? Hey, it was that, or no Jeep.

The sad thing is I actually paid off the 84-month loan on my truck, and I was payment free for exactly two whole months before I got right back on the merry-go-round with this Jeep. I am not the poster child for financial responsibility, I fear. "But I can refinance it later," I told myself. Suuuure I will.

The drinks are packed, the windows are cleaned, the drone is in the back, and I'm getting ready to head up the mountain. So far, the mud tires, even though they are supposed to be worthless in cold stuff, are acting like there is nothing on the road at all.
Been there. Paid off both my vehicles and was payment free for a short while. It wasn’t too long til I wanted something else. It is what it is. I love my current Jeep and hope to hold on to this one but only time will tell. I’d like to think I’ll pay this off and hold onto it for a while keeping it running but I won’t make any promises I can’t keep. :LOL:

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Pulled locker sensors out and drilled and potted them. I will reinstall tomorrow.

Also had a torn valve stem replaced.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
No pictures, but I fixed the parking brake. It went from not working very well to not working at all. Zero parking brake.

It turned out one of the cables in the T had fallen out completely. The whole thing was just horribly far out of adjustment. I had been meaning to tighten it up for awhile, but I couldn't figure out how. Well, now I know. The job sucks, but it's not toooo bad.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
No pictures, but I fixed the parking brake. It went from not working very well to not working at all. Zero parking brake.

It turned out one of the cables in the T had fallen out completely. The whole thing was just horribly far out of adjustment. I had been meaning to tighten it up for awhile, but I couldn't figure out how. Well, now I know. The job sucks, but it's not toooo bad.
I've had to do it twice.... second time, I adjusted it tighter and it's been good so far... and yes, what a PITA to get to....

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I've had to do it twice.... second time, I adjusted it tighter and it's been good so far... and yes, what a PITA to get to....
It's nice that the cables are all inside the passenger compartment, where they won't rust up, but having to lift up the entire fricking console?! Seriously?!

At least I know how to do this now. It's a pain in the ass, but it's a job you can do. I won't let my parking brake get so weak again. Though at some point I guess the shoes will wear out, and I'll have to change them, and then back this adjuster way off.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR

mines fallen out twice. lol. it better not again.......

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
You would think that there would be an access panel....

The first time, I took the seats out. That helped a lot. The second time, I left them in and that is what I found was in the way... and also how to prop up the rear of the console to get to the cables..... but I figured it out.....

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Simple little mod, but highly recommended if you have the factory AUX switches, Badge Glow Aux Board, quick and easy install and makes landing your Aux items so much easier than having to hardwire to the factory whip. Highly recommended. Only improvement I would suggest on this was some sort of a cover over the "hot" terminals. Think it would probably be easy work for a 3d printer wizard, but also doesn't seem to too much of an issue as is.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Pic 3
any idea if this fits with the Redline Tuning Hood Struts &/or the AmFib snorkel?

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I tried to install my airbags, but the JLUR just fell off the jack, bending and breaking it. Even before it fell, I could tell the stock scissor jack wouldn’t be able to lift any point high enough that when the frame was placed under a stand the suspension would fully unload…. and I’m not even lifted.

After the break, I went and ordered a better setup from Safe Jacks and discovered how much space I’m gaining back in that jack cubby!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6FF1EA5D-E29B-4851-899F-375E49E8A80A

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 79660ACA-CD87-49D6-AE86-7CF7532E60B1

Best looking factory diff covers in the country.

Cleaned with paint thinner.

Sanded with DA sander and 220 grit

Cleaned again.

Pre heated in old toaster oven while the textured paint can soaked in hot water.

Four light coats later and they are gorgeous.

Only to be smashed on rocks.

But I had to do it.

I had them off to “pot” the sensors so why not right?

G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon, 2021 JLUR Diesel - On order
Occupation
Engineer
For Christmas I got the quadratec LED ring for the tire carrier. So today I, last day of vacation, I took the opportunity to install it.

It probably took me a little longer than most people.

Primary reason: the lug nut with the lug key just did NOT want to break free. But I finally found my half inch drive with the long handle and it broke free.

Secondary reason: I’m a little particular about wiring and cleanliness and protecting the wires so I took my time routing and bundling the cables. Then of course the engineer in me has to check after every adjustment to make sure they still worked.

Overall happy with it. And the y-harness they include if you buy that version makes things a breeze. As does the illustrated directions.

4E4A5A80-80F3-4902-91A8-C63D5C9E9138.jpeg

A446F536-94A6-4277-8DC4-8CE3AFB12A0B.jpeg

2F2FA014-7C74-4EC4-86C1-E206D06B7922.jpeg