First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Got a pic of daughters jeep getting wrapped... windshield frame is next and the (ugh) red dash...
Yes angry grille. Yes pink camo.
She's turning 15 and this is her first jeep... so her taste can only improve from here!
20211215_1615031.jpg
Lucky Kid, Great Mom

Lightguy

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon Sting Grey
New Update On Adams 1350 Front Driveshaft:

James (owner of Adams Driveshaft) reached out to me and Adams is correcting the extremely close yoke to transfer case linkage clearance issue. He will have one of their forged yokes machined as needed on one of his lathes-thus maintaining balance and ship the new one to me next week.

He said (and this makes some sense) that the balance of a front driveshaft can measure different depending on the machine and type of mounting used...James also told me that while a tight linkage clearance was an issue with some JK's this was the first JL that he was aware of with this issue. Likely when I called in the first time I got someone that was not in customer service and confused on JK's/JL's.
So, bottom line is Adams Driveshaft IS stepping up to make this right. No company is perfect, it is how they deal with these imperfections that separate the really good ones...
That is so good to hear. It didn’t seem right that a company with such a good reputation would leave you hanging. I have now put them back on the list of “Parts to Get” for my JL.

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha
question for the group.

here is a better photo.

should I replace the white with a light grey in the next iteration? I tried to wrap the hinges (just don't) and got bubbles and wrinkles so I need to get a new set.

also, the company that did the graphics is below. Michelle, the owner, is really nice and will do them in any 3 colors you want and will send you a mock up too. she also uses 3m cast vinyl, its a little extra but definitely worth it. lastly, she has a catalog on her etsy page with about 1000 graphics for boats, atvs, trucks etc. she was doing a Christmas sale when I got mine but if you tell her you saw her info on the JL forum maybe you will get the same discount even after Christmas but idk.

https://www.struckndesign.com/#/

20211218_115420.jpg

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t recommend putting it on the rear if you have a limited slip. If I ever have to use it, I plan to put it on the front, just because I don’t want my rear diff to be constantly using the spider gears.

Most of the flats that I have ever gotten I have been able to plug and fill it back up quicker then changing a tire.
And I just don’t want 108 lbs hanging off the back of the Jeep as I do 50mph through the desert. This is my compromise so I don’t cringe at every big hit. And to gain back some of the interior space.
But having that weight of the tire back there helps keep the ass end from bucking on the whoops and keeps the front higher!

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum

DavidRam

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
I installed JL Mule Ultra Mid-Rack today from expedition One. The fit and finish are top notch. It took about 3 hours to assemble it. A few of the bolts are tricky to get in due to a tight fit but other than that a fairly nice install. Instructions are very clear. I do wish they offered a black bolt option vs the standard. I think I would like the bolts in black myself. Highly recommended. This will not interfere with the Bestop Sunrider either. It is off for the winter so no picture of that.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211218_115420

That's an amazing roof rack! One of the best, if not the best available for the JLs.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
question for the group.

should I replace the white with a light grey in the next iteration? I tried to wrap the hinges (just don't) and got bubbles and wrinkles so I need to get a new set.

20211218_115420.jpg
The white adds a bit of contrast to a vehicle that is otherwise pretty monochromatic. Light gray would tame that contrast a bit, if that's what you're interested in doing here.

I'll add, from a general point of view, that vehicle graphics don't always age well, and/or have universal appeal. Rarely have I seen a used or even new vehicle for sale (that I was otherwise interested in) with decals, etc. that I wouldn't remove immediately after getting the vehicle home. So, really, only you can decide what works best for your aesthetic requirements. 👍

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
question for the group.

here is a better photo.

also, the company that did the graphics is below. Michelle, the owner, is really nice and will do them in any 3 colors you want and will send you a mock up too. she also uses 3m cast vinyl, its a little extra but definitely worth it. lastly, she has a catalog on her etsy page with about 1000 graphics for boats, atvs, trucks etc. she was doing a Christmas sale when I got mine but if you tell her you saw her info on the JL forum maybe you will get the same discount even after Christmas but idk.

https://www.struckndesign.com/#/

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FA5D3E0D-9DB5-4834-898C-F2FB2E1F0D62
When I click the above link I get to their site, but selecting “products” and “catalog” doesn’t produce any information or anything resembling a catalog of products or images. No matter what I click on I end up at a form that solicits all my personal information, including my email address and phone number. Do you have a link to anything resembling an image or product catalog?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Installed new lights and a dead pedal, first lights I've had on my JL w/ a true projector cutoff, can't wait to see how they light up the road tonight :)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0784.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0781.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0788.JPG