Mom2SNSH

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
IMG_1040.jpg

Had the default halogen lights. I installed this combination LED daytime running light, turn signal, and side marker light. The side marker light is tons brighter than the original. These lights had a horrible rating on Amazon, but it turned out that those were from people who were trying to run these LED lights without their computer being set to run LED lights.

Horrible reviews of otherwise good products help keep prices low, so... thank you? Truth be told, I was lazy and got the dealer to install them while I was there for another reason. $125 for labor.
Was there any funky wiring required? I guess what I'm asking is, is it a no-brainer to change from halogen to LED lights?

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
Based on how my visors have broken, I am not sure exactly how this would prevent that from happening again... Does it just keep the arm from flexing? I guess that would make sense if that is what it is doing. Thanks!
I believe that's the main purpose of it. They hold the visor posts tightly and prevent flexing. My visors definitely feel much more stable now.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Was there any funky wiring required? I guess what I'm asking is, is it a no-brainer to change from halogen to LED lights?
It had a factory wiring harness, nothing funky needed there. But to go from the halogen to the LED light set, all you have to do is to replace the bulbs themselves. In this case, you're swapping out the turn signal assembly (what the bulbs go into), which is a bit more involved.

I'll admit, I got lazy and just had my dealer do it when I had them performing some other work on the Wrangler.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Update On Adams 1350 Front Driveshaft:

Called Adams this morning to discuss their transfer case yoke interfering with the shift linkage arm and was surprised to hear they know about but don't really care...I was told yeah, on the JK's, JL's and JT's it often happens and you will have to 'trim' the shift linkage arm. I said that would be easier to do before the yoke is on, red Loctited and torqued to 166 ft pounds-I said maybe you should at least make people aware this could happen so steps could be taken before installation! I am leaning towards replacing Adams yoke with a DANA 1350 that will likely fit properly and probably has the protective flange to protect the now exposed output shaft seal...

BTY Dana's instructions on their 1350 aftermarket front axle say to use BLUE Loctite and torque the nut to 150 ft pounds...

Adams Yoke: Less than 1/16" clearance till it hits linkage arm and note no shield to protect exposed output shaft seal.

IMG_3337.JPG

When I ordered this Adams shaft I specifically asked them to pay special attention to high-speed balancing of the front driveshaft as it now couples to a 4.88 DANA UD44 without FAD. After the customer service I received when I called this morning, I had doubts they did this either...So I took the new driveshaft down to a local shop that specializes in driveshaft balancing and told them I wanted it checked and balanced if needed. I also told them I would be happy to pay the same for just a check as for a full balance, I was with the tech when he first spun it up and it was NOT balanced, after balancing he took it to the equivalent of 100mph and smooth as can be. $120 well spent!

Adams after proper balancing: Smooth at all speeds!
IMG_3349.JPG

Will NOT be using Adams for the rear driveshaft...
J.E Reel out of Pomona Ca, guys are wonderful to work with. Best part is they are less then 1/2 mile from my office

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Just finished changing the red border RUBICON hood decals to hot pink. Wife's JLU; she's gradually changing the theme to hot pink trim, inside and out. Notice the matching hot pink powdercoated tow hooks.

A big thank you to Don at PixelDecals for this. đź‘Ť

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211215_115650
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211215_133455

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211215_143004

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Got a pic of daughters jeep getting wrapped... windshield frame is next and the (ugh) red dash...
Yes angry grille. Yes pink camo.
She's turning 15 and this is her first jeep... so her taste can only improve from here!
20211215_1615031.jpg

bmwbutch

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
Just finished changing the red border RUBICON hood decals to hot pink. Wife's JLU; she's gradually changing the theme to hot pink trim, inside and out. Notice the matching hot pink powdercoated tow hooks.

A big thank you to Don at PixelDecals for this. đź‘Ť

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211215_1615031

If my wife sees this jeep out, you'll be getting a pink duck. She got some pink ducks just for jeeps like this.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Got a pic of daughters jeep getting wrapped... windshield frame is next and the (ugh) red dash...
Yes angry grille. Yes pink camo.
She's turning 15 and this is her first jeep... so her taste can only improve from here!
That's a good wrap job. If I had the tacky red dash I'd wrap it too lol. That's why I chose the saddle leather interior, no red stitching and seat covers are so easy. It needs the shackles painted pink or pink isolators!

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Oh! Forgot to mention! Either you have the dealer change your vehicle's configuration from halogen to LED lights, or you'll have to do it yourself with either a Tazer or JScan. I read that if you don't do that, it still works, except the turn signal does not move sequentially (animated).

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
That's a good wrap job. If I had the tacky red dash I'd wrap it too lol. That's why I chose the saddle leather interior, no red stitching and seat covers are so easy. It needs the shackles painted pink or pink isolators!
Yup I got the pink shackles waiting to go on and her winch warn logo plates are already pink!

Lyleb80

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Took it to Earnhardt Chrysler Dodge jeep for my death wobble that I have taken it in for 3 other times and was told I had to pay a $170.00 diagnostics fee because it wasn't under warranty. My take on this is NEVER BUY ANOTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCT AGIAN!
I'm over the jeep thing and issue, because the new Gladiator has the same problem, one would think that they would have solved the issue. This is my fourth and last jeep ever.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've done a couple things in the past 24 hrs.

I installed a 7 pin connector on my compressor so that I don't have to pop my hood everytime I want to air back up:

20211215_211215.jpg

And I installed my new custom transfer case shifter knob (adapter from Speed Dawg) today:

20211216_142515.jpg

20211216_144656.jpg

I might just have to re-name Claymore to something else...

ARSENAL

or

BOMB SQUAD

perhaps!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Dont judge me. Or go ahead. I can take it.
I used solar sensored fairy lights bc i thought the xmas lights would be too bright and distracting.
Now i look at Little Miss Dangerous in my driveway and see her twinkling! Love it.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211216_144656

Very pretty. I like the sticker on the rear window lol.