What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

ArmannB

First Name
Armann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6
Nice!! I’m leaning towards 312s myself. In NY also, Queens. Where are you located? Any good wheel shop you recommend?
The concave look on wranglers 👌🏼
I’m in Westchester, I used to live in Astoria so knew about thecustomshop. Dedona in Yonkers is solid too but waitlist to get an appointment.
Ended up trying out TireWarehouse in Elmsford and it worked out well

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Finally got the TSB for the steering completed today after 3 different appointments and 2 months.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
DIY oil change. Not interested in taking a chance of an overfill via the Wave benefit.

I thought I'd give the Fumoto drain valve a try (F106N / M14-1.5).

Sometimes serendipity smiles at my OCD. Not today, re: the valve's inverted orientation when properly snugged. Ah, well.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211213_135745
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211213_151443
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211213_151315

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Update On Adams 1350 Front Driveshaft:

Called Adams this morning to discuss their transfer case yoke interfering with the shift linkage arm and was surprised to hear they know about but don't really care...I was told yeah, on the JK's, JL's and JT's it often happens and you will have to 'trim' the shift linkage arm. I said that would be easier to do before the yoke is on, red Loctited and torqued to 166 ft pounds-I said maybe you should at least make people aware this could happen so steps could be taken before installation! I am leaning towards replacing Adams yoke with a DANA 1350 that will likely fit properly and probably has the protective flange to protect the now exposed output shaft seal...

BTY Dana's instructions on their 1350 aftermarket front axle say to use BLUE Loctite and torque the nut to 150 ft pounds...

Adams Yoke: Less than 1/16" clearance till it hits linkage arm and note no shield to protect exposed output shaft seal.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3337.JPG

When I ordered this Adams shaft I specifically asked them to pay special attention to high-speed balancing of the front driveshaft as it now couples to a 4.88 DANA UD44 without FAD. After the customer service I received when I called this morning, I had doubts they did this either...So I took the new driveshaft down to a local shop that specializes in driveshaft balancing and told them I wanted it checked and balanced if needed. I also told them I would be happy to pay the same for just a check as for a full balance, I was with the tech when he first spun it up and it was NOT balanced, after balancing he took it to the equivalent of 100mph and smooth as can be. $120 well spent!

Adams after proper balancing: Smooth at all speeds!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3349.JPG

Will NOT be using Adams for the rear driveshaft...

Lightguy

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon Sting Grey

Called Adams this morning to discuss their transfer case yoke interfering with the shift linkage arm and was surprised to hear they know about but don't really care...I was told yeah, on the JK's, JL's and JT's it often happens and you will have to 'trim' the shift linkage arm. I said that would be easier to do before the yoke is on, red Loctited and torqued to 166 ft pounds-I said maybe you should at least make people aware this could happen so steps could be taken before installation! I am leaning towards replacing Adams yoke with a DANA 1350 that will likely fit properly and probably has the protective flange to protect the now exposed output shaft seal...

BTY Dana's instructions on their 1350 aftermarket front axle say to use BLUE Loctite and torque the nut to 150 ft pounds...

Adams Yoke: Less than 1/16" clearance till it hits linkage arm and note no shield to protect exposed output shaft seal.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B0805323-2D2C-48CD-AE71-495C25ED343B

When I ordered this Adams shaft I specifically asked them to pay special attention to high-speed balancing of the front driveshaft as it now couples to a 4.88 DANA UD44 without FAD. After the customer service I received when I called this morning, I had doubts they did this either...So I took the new driveshaft down to a local shop that specializes in driveshaft balancing and told them I wanted it checked and balanced if needed. I also told them I would be happy to pay the same for just a check as for a full balance, I was with the tech when he first spun it up and it was NOT balanced, after balancing he took it to the equivalent of 100mph and smooth as can be. $120 well spent!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B0805323-2D2C-48CD-AE71-495C25ED343B

Wow! Stunned at the bad customer service from Adams. I thought they were the gold standard…guess not.

Rachel Ruby

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys and a 2010 Rubicon
This is a fun thread I’ve seen on a few other forums. Can be anything from mods to drives, to washes, etc. pictures are always a plus!

So what did you do to your Jeep today?
Still waiting on it I drive my spouse’s 2020 2dr Willys till it arrives probably some time next year

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Wow! Stunned at the bad customer service from Adams. I thought they were the gold standard…guess not.

I too thought they were the gold standard...Really disappointed that the driveshaft was not properly balanced especially after making a special request that it be done.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 48DCCB1F-8E1B-4EA9-BDDA-86103E7ECC58

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 48DCCB1F-8E1B-4EA9-BDDA-86103E7ECC58

They wont take them back? What other company is there